- Robert Walters update13 days ago
If you’re an ambitious, self-motivated professional, recruitment is a great career choice. Tricia Tan discusses our opportunities in South East Asia. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIK7r
- Robert Walters update30+ days ago
Thinking of making a career switch? Nick Dunnett, MD of our Swiss business, discusses why you should consider a career in recruitment.
Introducing The Robert Walters Group
Giles Daubeney, COO
"OUR STORY begins in 1985, when our CEO Robert Walters opened the first office in central London. Rob has led the company ever since and has the same passion and commitment today.
Over the last 30 years the company has grown and so have our ambitions. We now have offices across 24 countries and employ over 2,600 people. It’s a powerful success story.
We also have a specialist recruitment outsourcing business, called Resource Solutions, and Walters People - a temporary recruitment company operating in Europe and Brazil.
Companies and organisations rely on us to find high quality professionals for a range of roles in accountancy and finance, banking and financial services, legal, human resources, information technology, marketing, sales, secretarial and business support, and tax and treasury. Professionals who are looking for a new role, whether it’s on a permanent, interim or contract basis, trust us to find them their ideal job.
We haven’t grown by snapping up our rivals, we’ve done it by making sure we deliver on our promises. And that’s meant more companies and professionals want to work with us. Quality and integrity are our watchwords.
We like to think we’re different. Here’s a flavour of why:
- We have specialist teams who are experts in their area. Whether they are recruiting in accountancy and finance or the legal sector, you won’t find them working in areas outside their field of expertise.
- We don’t operate on a commission basis, but instead rely on teamwork to ensure the right person is placed in the right job.
- If you register with us, we will never send out your CV without your permission. Quite simply, we don’t think it’s right.
- We don’t recruit for the Big 4 accountancy firms or Magic Circle law firms. That way there’s no conflict of interest when we place recently qualified professionals.
- We don’t want to be the largest professional recruitment business. We want to be the best. I’m proud of what we’ve achieved so far.
But we don’t look backwards - we are always innovating. Here are some examples:
- We were the first recruitment consultancy to launch a recruitment outsourcing business.We were the first to launch a Global Salary Survey - a comprehensive 400-page guide to salary and contract rates around the world.
- We were the first to launch a salary checker app for iPhone and have launched a Manga interview guide app.
- We sponsor and support a wide range of initiatives from the Saatchi Gallery in London to the North Bondi Life Saving Club in Australia and MacMillan Cancer Support.
I believe that Robert Walters is something special. But I and others in the company never forget that the most important person to us is you – whether you’re a hiring manager or a job seeker."
We’re known for the quality of our training. Our philosophy is to provide continuous professional development and learning opportunities to all staff with the aim of growing our future leaders from within. From the start of your career we provide structured training programmes on all aspects of becoming a successful consultant as well as mentoring from senior members of staff, peer learning and specially commissioned video-based learning. Comprehensive induction training covers group values, diversity and the provision of high quality service to clients and candidates.
Group HR Director, Ingred Armstead, talks about how we develop our staff
Our international mobility programme underpins our strategy for sustainable growth and allows us to replicate the Group’s core values across our office network. The programme offers our successful people the chance to transfer to any of our global businesses - providing valuable international exposure. In the last four years we have had 100 staff move internationally within the company.
Find out more about our people who have move internationally
Robert Walters Photos
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Robert WaltersRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Great team environment that is refreshing in the recruitment industry. Genuine specialist professionals who care about their job and the candidates they are working with. Fantastic office culture with enough of a work life balance.
Like any sales/ recruitment role you have good and bad days. The best thing is to communicate with your manager and take advice where needed during the troughs.
Advice to Management
Very impressed by the recruitment process and induction. Having run my own business for 5 years I was pleased to see a business that cared so much about it's new starters.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Robert Walters.
Got in through a friend. Met each person in the team. And had to go for a coffee with the group as the final stage. Apparently it was team vote and anyone can vet you out. Recruiters are social so there was a lot of after work invitations, guess it helps to work with people you like!
- Sales related questions Answer Question
Over the last 30 years Robert Walters has grown and so have our ambitions. We now have a global presence in 24 countries and employ over 2,600 talented people. Businesses world-wide rely on us to find the very best specialist professionals to drive their business forward. Why? Because those same professionals trust us to manage their long-term careers. We're proud to ...
Mission: We don't aim to be the biggest recruitment consultant but we do aim to be the best. We help businesses build powerful teams that deliver against exceptionally high standards by holding ourselves up to those same values. Quality and integrity are our watchwords and we like to think we're different.