Do you share our purpose?
Doing now what patients need next.
We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
What we do:
Roche uses continual innovation and scientific rigour to build a better tomorrow and our products make a difference to the lives of millions of patients worldwide. We are the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics and medicines for cancer, transplantation, and active in other major therapeutic areas with a high medical need such as autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases, virology, metabolic disorders and diseases of the central nervous system. Our products bring significant medical benefits for patients and doctors, efficiency gains for laboratories and health economic benefits for payers.
Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. From the very beginning, Roche focused on innovation and on establishing an international presence. Roche employs more than 80,000 people and is present in more than 150 countries.
Twenty-four medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organisation Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
Where we are going - Personalised healthcare
We see a day when treatment choices will be based on a patient’s genetic makeup, not trial and error, and when treatments will be tailored to the biology of patients’ diseases, not symptoms. This is our vision of personalised healthcare. Obviously, it is a vision that will take years of brilliant research to realise, and no one company can do it all alone. As world leaders in the key areas of diagnostics and pharmaceuticals we play a leading role. The potential benefits in terms of better treatment outcomes, fewer harmful side effects and lower healthcare costs are well worth the effort.
Working for a better future
If you want to advance your career with one of the most respected names in global healthcare, choose Roche. You won’t just be joining a world leader investing almost $10 billion a year in innovative medical research and development. You won’t just be helping to prevent, diagnose and treat a range of health disorders. You’ll be contributing to medical progress where it’s needed most.
Our focus is on the most urgent disease areas: cancer, viral infections, disorders of the metabolic and central nervous systems and inflammatory diseases. We’ve already brought many highly effective drugs onto the market to address them. Use your talents to help us develop even more.
Your talents, transforming healthcare
Research and development. Sales and marketing. IT. Manufacturing. Legal. Finance. HR. Technology. Quality Management. In every area of Roche, we’re looking for exceptional people to drive our work forward.
Wherever you join, you’ll be at the forefront of innovation. Over the years, we’ve set many market trends and created some entirely new ones. Now we’re the world leader for in vitro diagnostics and the No. 1 supplier of cancer medicines, with a focus on personalised healthcare that’s driving a new era in customizable medical solutions.
Grow faster with Roche
Your efforts will make even more critical innovation possible. We rely on contributions from talented, committed professionals like you to keep Roche moving forward. In doing so, you’ll get to tackle all-new challenges and develop your prospects as you help us achieve our plans for long-term natural growth.
Think big and go far
Roche is an inclusive international company that has been dedicated to making a real impact on the world around us for more than 110 years. In more than 150 countries, we encourage big thinking and give our people support and freedom to make their mark. With an incredibly broad base of talent – 85,000 people from 139 nationalities – we embrace diversity in all its aspects (gender, race, culture, sexual orientation, thinking, experience, etc.) as a rich source of experiences, ideas and innovation.
Live our values, love what you do
Three words guide our quest to give people better health and longer life – and you’ll find them driving our work here.
- Integrity: We are consistently open, honest, ethical and genuine.
- Courage: We are entrepreneurs who take risks, reach beyond boundaries and experiment.
- Passion: We use our drive and commitment to energise, engage and inspire others.
Learn to pursue your passions
We see career planning as a partnership between you and your managers, with you firmly in the driving seat, and Roche providing the development resources you need. So we encourage you to develop your career your way. At Roche you own your development plan, shaped by your unique interests and goals, supported by the best global and local training resources.
Switch on to a more engaged career
The more engaged you are, the more of your unique talents and insights you bring to your job. In an innovation business like ours, this makes all the difference. That’s why we’re committed to making your career as stimulating, involving and rewarding as it can be.
In simplest terms, this means caring about the things you care about. Things like having the tools and support to do your job well, feeling inspired by the people around you and being recognised for the contributions you make. How do we know what matters most to our employees? By carrying out regular employee surveys and acting on the results to build an even stronger workplace environment.
Leaders in innovation
At Roche, we believe every employee deserves a great leader. Great leadership is the heartbeat of the Roche work culture and its aspects are embodied in our leadership commitments and leadership training programs and measurement of performance. It’s how we support you to bring your best to work every day, so that you’re more inspired, motivated and involved in the story of Roche.
United in our global mission
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we are 85,000 people working in over 150 countries to make lives better. In our operations, our outlook and the impact of our work, Roche is a true world leader.
We have to be. The challenge of extending access to medical innovation is a global one, since access to care varies so much from country to country. But rather than force a universal standard, we work with international partners to develop healthcare solutions tailored to varying needs of different populations. By thinking locally, we’re working to keep people healthy globally.
Sustainability & innovation
Innovation – the key to a sustainable future
We are the world’s largest biotech company. Research and development is written into our DNA. Every day we exploit the latest medical and technology advances to develop new products that improve the health, quality and length of patients’ lives. Along the way we work in fruitful alliance with some of the world’s most progressive and tech-savvy companies.
But we don’t just innovate. We innovate in a responsible way. Sustainable development is a core principle of our business and we’re fully committed to continuous improvement in safety, security, health and environmental protection.
From prevention to treatment
Prevention of harm is key to sustainable development at Roche. Our corporate policies outline our commitments for protecting people and the environment. We measure our performance against the highest global standards, set by organizations like the International Chamber of Commerce Business Charter for Sustainable Development, the International Organisation for Standardisation and the chemical industry’s Responsible Care® Programme.
At Roche we are committed to meeting high ethical standards and complying with all applicable local, national and international laws wherever we do business. Our ethical standards are embodied in our Corporate Principles. Ethical behaviour in business is essential to creating and maintaining a healthy and just environment for all. For that reason, we maintain rigorous internal processes to ensure that our employees adhere to the laws, regulations and industry codes of conduct that support good business practices. These included but are not limited to the following:
- Patient safety: We collaborate with regulatory agencies, monitor reports of adverse events experienced by patients and communicate on our product safety activities, as appropriate to the audience. Any medicine may cause side effects in some patients. Our priority is to make sure that the therapeutic benefits of the medicine outweigh the risks
- Data sharing and maintaining high standards: Roche shares data from its clinical trials and posts summary reports of its patient trials on the internet. Our products have well-characterised benefit-risk profiles based on available safety and efficacy information. These are derived from the clinical trials on which their approval by health authorities was based, extensive programmes of post-approval clinical studies, scientific publications, pre-clinical data and epidemiologic publications. This information is complemented throughout the life of the product with spontaneous safety reports primarily received from doctors and patients.
- Increasing access to healthcare. Significant breakthroughs in diagnosing and treating serious diseases, as well as improvements in the delivery of healthcare, have steadily improved health outcomes and increased life expectancy in recent decades. However, universal access to medical innovation and quality healthcare remains a global challenge. Our aim is to work with all stakeholders so that all patients who need our products can access and benefit from them.
- Minimisizing our environmental footprint. At Roche, environmental sustainability means protecting the future by making the right choices today in an environment where water is increasingly scarce, natural resources are constrained and biodiversity is declining. We are helping protect those resources – and minimise our environmental footprint – by improving environmental efficiency in our own operations. We are also involving our suppliers and other partners to continuously improve the environmental performance of our products along the value chain.
- Supporting communities: We have expressed our commitment and responsibility beyond our business to the broader society for over a century by directing financial and human resources to tackling social causes, stimulating engagement in science and promoting cultural activities. Our approach to philanthropic donations and non-commercial sponsorship mirrors our sustainable business model and innovation culture.
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at RochePros
culture, opportunities for growth, managementCons
Difficult to enter FT status. Separation of FTE from Contractors
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Roche in October 2014.Interview Details
I received an interview offer through a recruiter who told me I was one of the few people the hiring manager wanted to interview in person. The interview was scheduled for one hour with the hiring manager and followed a strict behavioral based question and answer format. The questions were fair and appropriate. The interviewer took lots of notes and allowed me a few minutes to ask questions. I was told, I would hear something in 2-3 weeks. IInterview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNo real negotiation. It was a contract position, so the pay was pre-negotiated between the recruiter and the company.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Tell me about a time where you experienced conflict at work personally and professionally. View Answer
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics...
Mission: Doing now what patients need next