In 1991, Rooms To Go opened two stores in Orlando, Florida, bringing to customers a new way to buy furniture - a simplified shopping experience, where every detail of a room is coordinated by world-class designers, and then packaged to increase savings.
Today, we are over 5,500 employees strong, operating over 200 stores and 7 state-of-the-art distribution centers. We are the largest independent retail furniture company in America, and an industry leader in time-to-deliver, financing, product availability,with the latest fashions and great designs. Simply put, we sell quality at a great price.
What does this mean to you?
A company that values its employees, offers career growth, provides great benefits and job security. If you have been looking for a successful career with an industry leader, explore a world of opportunity at Rooms To Go. We've revolutionized the furniture industry. We invite you to join our progressive company.
New and exciting things are always happening at Rooms To Go. We have the best sales, merchandising, advertising, operations, customer service and finance team in the industry. The ability to embrace change, to respect and respond to our customers defines the culture of Rooms To Go. We focus on attracting and retaining customers with our fashionable design and affordable pricing; however, without the hard work, dedication and terrific spirit of our winning team of associates this would not be possible.
Rooms To Go recognizes that our team members are the nucleus of our continued success. We hire the best candidates, who are career oriented and motivated. We value the individuality and creativity of our teams and recognize them on a regular basis. The executive team provides the vision; as service leaders, they are the coaches. They empower and believe in people achieving excellence in their work and lives. They love the business and refuse to accept mediocrity. Integrity and honesty are part of your benefit package at Rooms To Go.
Rooms To Go offers a comprehensive benefit package for its associates. Our
programs have been designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit our associates'
needs and the needs of their family. Benefits vary based on employment
status. Learn more about the available plans:
Health, Pharmacy, Dental and Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement Savings Accounts
To learn more about our benefits package, please click on the below link:
Check out our NEW Talent Network. Search for current opportunities or join our Talent Network to stay informed about different opportunities throughout the organization. It's fast and easy! Just go to http://www.jobs.net/jobs/rooms-to-go/en-us/. If you have any questions about the process, feel free to reach out the recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-627-3364. We can't wait to meet you!
Rooms To Go Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (Less than a year)
* A privately owned company owned by an individual who can take pride in treating people right. * The number of sales associates is based on store volume. Therefore, the floor is never flooded and each sales associate is afforded the opportunity to make a 4-digit income PER WEEK!. * An outstanding 2-week, hands-on training period. My trainer made it a point to take a personal interest in each of us and our success with RTG. * A comprehensive benefit package that is just unheard of these days in any job. * Beautiful stores, excellent working conditions. * I am fortunate enough to work with a very experienced store manager (backed by a superior office staff) who will go out of their way for both customers and employees. I work in one of the lower-volume South Florida stores. Nearly all of the employees have been here for years and years. They treat each other like family and bring an overwhelming amount of experience to the table. Everybody is treated with respect. And everybody is committed to the success of the store. Don't let any negative reviews you read about the company or products sway you. All the stores here in Florida move upwards of 14,000 pieces of furniture each day, 6-days a week. With this kind of volume, not everything is going to be perfect. However, the system this company has in place is incredible and has to be right at least 99% of the time. That means, for every negative review you read, there are thousands of positive reviews that never get written! If you are given an opportunity for an interview, be prepared to be at the top of your game. Turnover is very low, and for obvious reasons, sales positions don't come up all that often. If you're hired, this will probably be the last job you'll ever have to look for.
In argument to those who complain about working weekends and holidays? Folks, this is a RETAIL job, with RETAIL hours! This is explained to all employees prior to being hired. You know well in advance what is to be expected! THERE ARE NO SURPRISES HERE! Weekends can be quite busy. If you are making $600 to $900 over those 3 days alone, why would you not want to be there????? Besides, you are still given 2 days off during the week, and the company insists you take your time off (and do offer a lot of it). Unlike other full-time commission jobs that make you work 50-60 hours per week, I usually end up working 41 to 43 hours per week. And the best part is, I make more money. In conclusion, if you are not driven to make a good living, then Rooms to Go is not for you.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.
Filled out basic information application, waited for a manager, and sat down on one of the display sofas. We went over my experience, how that ties into RTG, what I didn't like about previous employments, what I did like, and why RTG would be something I'm interested in, or an assist to have.
- What did you like, and not like about (previous employer)? 1 Answer
- Are you comfortable with a 100% commission based job? 1 Answer
- Everyone works weekends, but you get two back to back off days during the week, and the remaining three days are rotated shifts. Sometimes those days, weekends, and holidays will be bell days (work open to close), is this something you'd be flexible/okay with? 1 Answer
- What percentage of sales should contain add-ons, in your opinion? 1 Answer
No negotiation. You're paid $15/hr for your time, or paid in commission if it's the larger amount. This is called a draw. You want to consistently go above the draw. It's not good to stay at the bottom making the least for the store.
- Rooms To Go update30+ days ago
- Rooms To Go update30+ days ago
In 1991, Rooms To Go started by opening two stores in Orlando, Florida, bringing to customers a new way to buy furniture - a simplified shopping experience, where every detail of a room package is coordinated by world-class designers, and then bundled to increase savings. Today, we are over 5,500 employees strong, operating over 200 stores and 7 state-of-the-art ...
Mission: At Rooms To Go, our mission is to provide the best product and service possible to our customers, to create an environment that supports the career goals, financial needs, and health and wellness of our team members, to continue to foster our industry leading recycling program, and to give back to the communities that we live in.