“Hated the location (Cleveland) but fantastic overall experience. Highly recommend especially for Entry Level! ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at RosettaRecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Fantastic experience for anyone starting their career right out of college. Very supportive environment and, as long as you get on the right team, superiors are very happy to answer questions and help you learn. Loved the idea of having an advisor as well.
Similar issues that one can encounter with any agency. You won't get anywhere by being a wallflower and really need to put in the extra effort to make yourself known and to get ahead.
Advice to Management
Salary really varies according to office location. Should be made slightly more equal. The management has changed a ton since I was there, so not really sure of current management practices.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).
I applied online. I got a call from a recruiter who transferred me to another recruiter to deal with my application. I then spoke to a Rosetta Solutions architect and then met the team for the group interview and presentation. The Rosetta office in Cleveland is very nice. Driving downtown and finding parking is bad and the garage next to the Rosetta office is always full. Even though the interview process is standard: phone screen and group interview, I did notice some issues:
1. Rosetta never keeps their time tables for interviews. I had one interviewer bail on me which meant that I had extra time to talk to one of the developers. He was pretty inexperienced in the interview process and didn't really know how to interview someone senior like me. The next interviewer came late which meant the entire group interview had to be rushed and hence my presentation was rushed.
2. Apparently Rosetta posts positions on their website but lack details as to what they are looking for. When I applied, the first phone screen feedback was very positive and the person was impressed. During the interview process, however, I can tell that the "tone" of the interview was much different. They were looking for a candidate with a different set of skills.
3. People appeared very rushed. Yes, Rosetta has numerous openings but it appears there is very little time to sit down for 3 hour long interviews. During my presentation, I can see the group asking me the same questions and were very inattentive.
4. Last but not least, the interview process felt rushed and I felt that they are looking for a particular candidate (the purple squirrel) and not the one listed in the website.
In looking at prior feedback of people who applied to Rosetta, I do feel that Rosetta is a great company. However, with all the acquisitions, high turnover, changes in corporate culture, the company doesn't really know what it wants. Even with discussions with senior management (Partners or VPs), their competence is lacking when investigating and embracing newer technologies. The technology landscape is constantly changing and I had a sense, during the 3 hour interview, that they are still trying dealing with older technologies in their client engagements.
The feedback I got was not accurate. As an IT veteran who has made many presentation, I felt they were looking for an excuse not to hire an IT executive who has more skills, background, and education than they did.
Rosetta is a customer engagement agency engineered to transform marketing for the connected world. Its mission is to be a catalyst for growth, driving material business impact by translating deep consumer insights into personally relevant brand experiences across touch points and over time. Its unique capabilities and the way it activates them have enabled a market leadership...
Mission: Rosetta's Mission is to be a catalyst for growth to the world's most innovative brands by translating unique consumer insights into integrated marketing programs...