At Rovi, we connect people to the entertainment they love. Our products and services power some of the most iconic entertainment and technology brands around the world including Comcast, Samsung, iTunes and Pandora. Rovi is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with over 1,500 employees worldwide working to create a better entertainment experience. To learn more, watch The Rovi Story.
Rovi Corporation is a global B2B leader focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering software and data solutions to connect people to the movies, music and television they enjoy – anytime, anywhere.
- 130 million viewers use our interactive program guide technologies through cable and satellite service provider offerings. Customers include: Comcast, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, AT&T, Verizon
- Approximately 220 million consumer electronic (CE) devices use our CE-guide technologies including products by: Dell, LG, Motorola, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, RCA, Samsung, Siemens, and Sony
- Rovi has information on over 3.6 million TV shows, 28 million tracks and 500,000 movie titles. Metadata customers include: Spotify, Shazaam, MOG, iTunes and Google.
- Rovi’s Cloud services are revolutionizing the consumer electronics industry and service providers space by helping them drive sales and consumption with advanced media search and discovery capabilities.
- Rovi Advertising Network reaches more than 40 million households globally and offers advertisers a platform to serve targeted interactive advertisements with high levels of engagement.
Careers at Rovi Corporation At Rovi Corporation, we provide excellent benefits/perks, offer competitive compensation packages, a dynamic employee-centric culture, and an opportunity to make your innovative ideas a reality. We hire exceptional people who want to lead the way in digital entertainment. For details on our open positions please visit our career page at: http://www.rovicorp.com/company/careers/jobs.htm Your career: Powered by Rovi
Rovi offers highly competitive benefits and perks to our employees. At Rovi, we value your hard work, and the incentives continue once you are on board. We continue to motivate, encourage and reward you for your efforts. Benefits and perks are an important part of the total compensation package.
Our benefits are designed to be competitive in our industry based on local market practices, legal and statutory requirements. We pride ourselves on going beyond the industry benchmark.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Medical, dental, and vision insurance are provided to all full-time employees who work 30 or more hours per week. Insurance is also provided to their eligible dependents, if dependent coverage is elected. Domestic partner coverage is also available. Employees have a choice of medical coverage among Aetna PPO, Aetna HMO, and Kaiser Permanente (CA only). Dental and orthodontia coverage are provided through MetLife. Vision coverage is provided through VSP.
Full-time employees become eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits on their first day of employment. Employees working fewer than 30 hours per week on a regularly scheduled basis are not eligible for medical, dental, or vision insurance.
Flexible Spending Account / Section 125 Plan
This plan allows employees to pay for medical and dependent care expenses using pre-tax income, thus avoiding federal, state and social security taxes on those amounts. Employees may elect to contribute pre-tax dollars into the plan.
Health Reimbursement Account
Rovi contributes funds on the employee's behalf for use with medical expenses and/or deductibles on a prorated basis. The company contribution is prorated at 1/24th of the annual amount per pay period.
Upon hire and after acceptance by the insurance carrier, employees are automatically enrolled in Rovi's Group Life Insurance plan. The policy provides a benefit of two times base annual earnings plus $15,000, up to a maximum of $515,000. The same coverage in benefits also apply for accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D).
Short-term: Benefits due to injury, illness or pregnancy are payable at an amount of 70 percent of weekly base earnings to a maximum of $3,464 per week, less any amounts received under state disability. Benefits begin on the 15th day of disability up to a maximum period of 11 weeks.
Long-term: Benefits due to illness or injury are payable at an amount of approximately 60 percent of base monthly earnings to a monthly maximum of $15,000. Benefits begin after completing a 90-day waiting period and continue as long as the employee remains disabled and requires the regular attendance of a physician, until age 65.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Upon eligibility and enrollment in an Offering Period (24 months), this plan allows employees to purchase Rovi stock at two purchase dates per calendar year at a discounted rate. Contributions into the plan are made via a payroll deduction in an amount between 1 percent and 100 percent of compensation, not to exceed your net paycheck (after taxes and other deductions). The purchase price is 85 percent of the lesser of the fair market value of the Company's stock on the first day of the Offering Period or the last day of the same Purchase Period (six months), whichever is lower.
This is a salary reduction plan which allows employees to reduce their compensation and have the amounts contributed into a savings plan, tax free, to accumulate for retirement. The contributions can be invested in a variety of methods of your choice.
Eligible employees may direct 1% to 60% of their salary (subject to annual IRS maximum) as pre-tax earnings into the 401k Plan. Rovi matches $0.50 for every dollar contributed by the employee (up to 6% rate of contribution). Matching funds are subject to a 3-year vesting schedule.
Rovi grants a minimum of eleven paid calendar holidays. Additionally, Employees will be granted one Floating Holiday. The Floating Holiday cannot be carried forward into the following year and is not convertible to cash.
Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Flexible Time Off accrues on the last day of each calendar month, beginning from the date of hire according to the schedule below. The accrual of FTO is prorated for the first month of employment if the start date is not the first working day of the month.
Credited Years of Service Years
First through fourth years
Fifth year and following years
Rovi provides financial assistance in the continuing education of employees. Course work will be considered for approval and reimbursement if it is related to the employee's present or probable next position with Rovi, or if it is required as part of a program leading to a job-related degree. Reimbursement will be given to regular, full-time employees after completion of 90 days of employment. Employees enrolled in degree programs prior to their hire date are not eligible for tuition reimbursement for completion of their regular program, unless approved in writing at the time of hire.
Health Club Membership
In order to promote the health and well-being of its employees, Rovi reimburses one-half the cost of an annual health club membership at the club of the employee's choice, up to a total reimbursement of $500 per calendar year.
Bonus and Incentive Programs
Rovi offers a number of bonus and incentive programs to its employees to encourage and reward their efforts. These include an Annual Company Incentive Plan, Performance Bonuses, Special Recognition Awards, Patent Awards, and Referral Bonuses, to name just a few.
Rovi cultivates an entrepreneurial and diverse work culture—helping employees thrive and succeed professionally.
- Innovation – We are passionate about generating forward-looking ideas, products and continuously improving everything we do.
- Ownership – We take pride in our work and are responsible for delivering on our commitments to customers.
- Customer Driven – Our customer is always our highest priority and drives everything we do.
- Teamwork - We are one team. We share objectives and collaborate across locations and functions to deliver ourstanding results.
- Employee centric – We don’t stand on hierarchy rather on person-to-person relationships. We support each other and have fun working together.
- Ethical behavior – We are a principle based team who protects confidential information, confronts unethical actions, and demonstrates consistency between our words and actions.
- Fiscally balanced – We set and achieve aggressive financial targets that meet or exceed industry standards. We balance the need to invest with the need to get value for money. We balance the need to support our existing businesses with the need to develop new businesses both organically and by acquisition. We staff appropriately for the business needs. We always invest in our people; tools, training and development.
- Communication – We share information quickly and easily to all levels of employees. We create mechanisms for employees to communicate their ideas laterally and upward. We encourage and measure managers on their ability to share relevant and timely information with their teams.
- Adaptability – We are an evolving company. We expect to deal with ambiguity and quick changes in the business with a level of self-confidence and a positive outlook. We strive for improvement to make things better, not just to change for change sake.
- Corporate citizenship –We strive to engage our employees in activities that increase global thinking and appreciating cultural differences. We expect to give back to the communities in which we do business and the communities that we serve.
Rovi values the diversity of its employees and commits to maintaining an open and inclusive work environment.
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Rovi as a contractor (more than an year)Pros
Solid organization with really smart engineers & designers. I work as a UX design-engineer & I'm actually a bit surprised how it's been thus far. Granted, the work is challenging since I'm in a position to design & engineer new ideas but I have the support of the team & management to execute on what needs to get done.
Since it's a technology organization, it's a lot of trial-&-error & the company is cognizant that it needs to do this in order to develop good-to-great products. I'm with it.Cons
No free lunch everyday. Free lunch everyday would be GREAT & AWSM.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Let's have free lunch everyday please.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rovi.Interview Details
Recruiter was very responsive. Phone interview, brought me in within week for two interviews. Offer after 2 weeks. Whole process took under a month. Office looks old, but good cafeteriaInterview Questions
Negotiation DetailsAsked for little more base which they agreed toAccepted Offer
- Standard stuff Answer Question
At Rovi, we connect people to the entertainment they love. Our products and services power some of the most iconic entertainment and technology brands around the world including Comcast, Samsung, iTunes and Pandora. Rovi is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with over 1,200 employees worldwide working to create a better entertainment experience.
Mission: Leading the way people discover and personalize entertainment.