- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics update5 days ago
350 years is a really long time so we created a list of 350 things that Saint-Gobain is older than to wrap our heads around just how long 350 years is. Let’s start with the word “dinosaur.” Before a dinosaur was a dinosaur it was called a dragon – Rawr! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6t7
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics update17 days ago
We make awesome products and things that are used every day all around the world. So we asked our employees to record all of their cool #yeahwemakethat moments. People showcased our products in their homes, cars, offices and planes! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6aw
About Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
Saint-Gobain Corporation is a Paris-based multinational corporation with 350 years of engineered materials expertise. Saint-Gobain transforms raw materials into advanced products for use in our daily lives, as well as developing tomorrow's new materials. Every day, Saint-Gobain products provide customers with the highest level of performance which is the result of creative ideas and innovative technologies.
Saint-Gobain is one of the top 100 largest industrial companies in the world with € 43.2 billion in sales, 193,000 employees in 64 countries. The company is organized into four business sectors:
- Innovative Materials
- Construction Products
- Building Distribution
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Worldwide Leader in Engineered Solutions
More than 200,000 products
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (PPL), part of the Innovative Materials sector, is a recognized leader in advanced polymer technology. Its affiliation with Compagnie de Saint-Gobain, enables access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research and development facilities around the world. With this full support of global resources, as well as our seasoned and unparalleled materials know-how, we can ensure that we are bringing the latest in product technology to the marketplace.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, with 5,500 employees is present in 17 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia and operates more than 50 manufacturing sites. As a leader in the development and manufacture of high-performance plastics, the company has an impressive portfolio of engineered products, application knowledge and services that are unmatched in the industry.
Who We Are. . .
- We blend and process polymer resins into advanced products through specialized manufacturing technologies
- We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations through processing technology, application engineering, product quality and certification, continuously seeking innovations that can enable improved product performance, and service.
- We are a diverse, dynamic, global organization whose objective is to deliver profitable growth. This growth, together with being part of the Saint-Gobain Group, leads to a wide range of career opportunities for all of us.
- We are part of a values-based Group whose principals of conduct and action are embedded in everything we do.
- We work towards promoting a working environment that inspires us to do our best.
Why We Exist . . .
To make a material difference in our daily lives in term of comfort, protection, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
WORKING FOR SAINT-GOBAIN
Are you looking for a dynamic and innovation company with high performing teams working in a fast-paced environment? Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is a welcoming, solid and open-minded company. Our Group will support you throughout your career. You will have diverse and enriching experiences that will allow you to develop your talent and your entrepreneurial ambitions.
Performance Plastics (PPL) pays close attention to the development of its employees worldwide. Its human resources policy has been built up over time, based on a culture of respect for others, openness to diversity, social dialog with our partners and internal promotion. You will learn more about and appreciate this culture and our Principles of Conduct and Action, the values that unite all Saint-Gobain employees.
Our human resources policy underscores the Group’s business strategy and involves all our employees in an open and interactive approach. All our executives and human resources managers are committed to this strategy. Professional and open to your needs, they will build with you careers that develop your expertise and skills.
With the OPEN program, launched in 2011, Saint-Gobain has committed to professional mobility for its employees, team diversification, employee dedication and talent development. These actions enable Saint-Gobain to strengthen its openness to the outside world, develop a culture of cooperation and to be present for the long-term wherever it operates.
To ensure it is always one step ahead, the Group adopts an increasingly cross-functional structure and encourages new forms of cooperation between its teams to deliver the assurance of a lasting capacity for innovation, and success going forward.
Saint-Gobain’s strengths as an employer
“We use 350 years of experience to create the world of tomorrow.”
- Saint-Gobain is unique: Proud of our long history, we are working on radical innovations that will change the way we live tomorrow.
- Saint-Gobain is more credible and better-positioned than others to build the sustainable habitat.
“We are technological company that thrives on innovation.”
- Saint-Gobain works on the most important and meaningful matters of our time.
- Future solutions demand the constructive engagement of the business world with the challenges facing society today.
“We provide an environment and culture where motivated people are inspired to perform.”
- Saint-Gobain’s presence in thousands of local communities has helped us grow a diverse and successful organization based on genuine respect for individual differences.
- Working for Saint-Gobain is a great experience.
Saint-Gobain’s sustainable habitat strategy positions the Group as a company that is in step with the times, and aware of the challenges facing society.
Saint-Gobain has strong values and beliefs, and each day the Group demonstrates that business growth and innovation can coexist with ethical conduct and sustainable development.
Saint-Gobain, a company that is more than three centuries old, has developed by keeping in mind respect for others and the environment. Saint-Gobain’s responses to the issues surrounding sustainable development are directly inspired by its values that are shared by all its employees: the Principles of Conduct and Action. Adhering to the principles is a condition for belonging to the united community that forms the Group.
In addition to the values that unit all of Saint-Gobain, the Performance Plastics (PPL) business core values are:
The respect for diversity and the rejection of all forms of discrimination are incorporated into the Principles of Conduct and Action that guide human resources management at every step in our employees’ careers.
In addition to its commitment to diversity, the Group pays close attention, in the countries where it operates, to initiatives in the field that reflect the local conditions and culture, and the characteristics of our various professions.
This leads to concrete actions in the following areas:
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Outstanding management team. Real concern for employee welfare. Safety, Quality, On-Time-Delivery in that order.
Limited opportunities for advancement
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in September 2014.
I found the position on Indeed.com and applied directly online through their website. After only a couple of days i was contacted via email by the Talent and Development Manager to set up a phone screening. My phone screening was the next day after i was contacted, and my in person interview was about a week later. The process moved very quickly and efficiently.
- For the in person interview most of the questions were based off of projects/ responsibilities from my previous experiences listed on my resume. Not many 'standard' questions were asked besides "Tell me about yourself." Answer Question
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is a leading producer of engineered high performance polymer products for virtually every industry around the globe, including automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, airline, truck manufacturing, energy exploration, appliances, construction and microelectronics. With 60 locations in 17 countries, we are positioned to...
Mission: Understand and fulfill customers needs through investments in market knowledge,polymer science, processing technologies, application engineering, operational excellence...