I have been working at Sakti3 full-time (More than 5 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
I have joined Sakti3 since late 2008 right after I finished my PhD degree, and I really enjoy working in this company. I am a design engineer and here I summarize what I think the good parts of the company:
1. Many opportunities to learn new things: Sakti3 is a startup and there are always new challenges and new things to learn. Other than advanced numerical simulation and experiments, I have learned wide range of things including energy storage including competitor analysis, product design, and cost analysis.
2. Company is willing to grow individuals: The company has the program called professional development activity to advance individual’s professional skills. I have attended many conferences and workshops to strengthen my knowledge and skills to benefit both the company and myself. And most of the time I am encouraged to attend webinars to learn the most recent developed technology.
3. Great people to work with: People are always willing to help each other and view themselves as the owner. I never had any experience that I had to work on some special connections to get things done. There is no competition among teams or individuals. Everyone exhibits interpersonal excellence to best the company.
4. Good environment to grow leadership skills: There are many projects happening on weekly based, and different people can be assigned to take the lead. I have gained lots of leadership skills including communication, coordination, taking responsibility, and having empathy.
5. Transparent management style: For example, the managers always review with other employees and welcome the feedbacks after an important meeting. All the processes are reviewed and questions are explained under the ethical and logical rules. I find it quite helpful and it introduces no friction between the management team and me.
6. Company really cares about employees: As a high tech company, Sakti3 puts safety as the highest priority. The company is taking this extremely seriously. Everyone can drop what he or she is doing right away if there is a safety concern. I feel safe to work here. In addition to the safety, quarterly lunch and learn section teaches employees many useful tips including good diet, reducing stress, good night sleep, etc. And special events like celebration of achievement, happy hour section, and holiday lunch do help create the strong bonding to the company and other employees, and reduce the work pressure.
7. Other individual assistance: The company has this new welcoming package to help orientation for new hires not only in professional workplace but also in new life of Ann Arbor. Personally, when I had some delayed issue of my immigration application, the CEO was happy to help me to expedite the process. I am truly grateful for that.
8. Benefit: The salary and health insurance benefits are way above the average level. Other benefits including 401k and holiday/vacation days are satisfactory. Overall the benefit is quite luxury for a startup company.
The pace in a startup company is quite different from the university. It took me some time to adjust myself for the new pace. But now I have no issue with it.
Advice to Management
Don’t forget to take some break and rest yourselves even at the busiest moment. And thank you for the trust and support.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Sakti3 (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2012.
There are four rounds of interviews and two tests including one ethics exam, one interview with R&D engineers, one interview with lab technician, one interview with chief scientist, one statistics exam and one interview with HR staff. Their CEO did show up at the beginning to say hello, but nothing else.
- Do you need sponsorship ? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –