- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Samsung SDIPros
Available upgrade job skills and working abilities. Very nice welfare as Samsung. Exciting for future business. It is good working here.Cons
But unclear future business so need overtime working frequently. Inefficient working schedule and too many reports. Very vertical culture and old atmosphere.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Please remove unnecessary workNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Samsung SDI in August 2014.Interview Details
1. I was asked to attend an interview at a specific time by their HR and I arrived 30mins early knowing usually I would need to fill up forms etc. After that, I need to wait for over an hour from the specific time before being called in to meet with 2 out of 3 interviews. Extremely bad time management and did not respect interviewee's time!
2. I was given a form to fill up 5 reference check which I can respect that is the company's procedure. What is shocking to me is that they use someone's else certificate copy as recycle paper!
3. There are 2 more interviewees that applied for the same position as me and they were called in at the same time! I was lucky to be the first to called in but I pity both of them that they have to wait also more than an hour for their 1-1 interview session.
4. The way the interview being conducted shows the interviewers had no clue or no proper planning in their questions. Seems like shooting blindly. They mentioned a scenario and asked me how to overcome but in order to understand the scenario, I asked them what is the objective or the bigger picture of solving the issue and they kept looking at each other. It seems that they are into a quick fix instead of understanding why is it happened at the 1st place.
5. The 3rd interviewer which is a Korean HR Advisor came in when my interview session is about to over and he repeated some of the questions which was being asked earlier. My interview session already lasted close to an hour and I had to spend another 15-20 mins with this HR Advisor! I just pity the other 2 interviewees outside.
6. For the first time in my life, I was being asked to do medical checkup right after the first interview and I am not even being confirmed that I will be hired. A HR staff passed me a form to fill up and again, they had used someone's else certificate copy as recycle for their form! This form will have to be passed to the panel clinic doctor. Talking about violation of personal data protection here!Reasons for Declining
see above of my comment. Seriously I would not want to work with such culture.Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Samsung SDI wants you to want one of those huge flat-screen televisions. The company, 20% owned by Samsung Electronics, specializes in the dazzling world of display technology, manufacturing such prized consumer products as plasma display panels and liquid-crystal display panels. Bigger is always better in such things, so Samsung SDI offers screens as large as 102 inches. Its technologies also find applications on a smaller scale, such as in computer monitors, cell phones, and other handheld mobile devices. Established in 1970, Samsung SDI also produces rechargeable...