Satellites Unlimited, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading regional service providers for DISH, a Fortune 200 Company that continues to define the curve in television entertainment. Our technicians are some of the most highly skilled in the industry, delivering world class customer service, 365 days a year.
Satellites Unlimited is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama and serves the majority of the Southeast US; including all of Alabama, the majority of Mississippi and Louisiana, plus significant portions of Florida, Georgia and Arkansas. We’re a family-oriented company since 1994. Here, as a Satellite Technician, you’ll find more opportunities. More benefits. And more earnings potential. Come explore the big picture with us!
SUI is a family-oriented company.
Satellites Unlimited offers our Satellite Technician the following benefits:
- Recession-Resistant Industry
- High Earning Potential ($52K on average with the top 10% reaching over $70K)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Technician Performance Bonuses
- Paid Training
- Paid Employee Referrals
- Tools, equipment, and fuel
- Professional Uniforms
- Promotion Opportunities
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan (Matching 401K)
- Paid Vacation
- Continuous Career Education
- Working for a financially stable and growing company
The Satellites Unlimited Technician is responsible for the installation and service of DISH Satellites Systems/Products, performed in the customer’s home, in their presence, and without supervision. This may include testing and repairing equipment that receives digital signals for residential customers by performing the following duties:
- Uses problem-solving and technical skills to install satellite dishes and related equipment
- Provides excellent customer experience while maintains a safe work environment
- Evaluates job site to assess optimal placement of satellite dish and communicates with customers to review the installation process
- Troubleshoots systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage
- Provides customer education regarding system usage
- Manages the administrative processes including van inventory and appropriate documentation
- Ensures that the highest quality of service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction
- Adheres to safety guidelines and requirements
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid U.S. Driver License
- Excellent Driving Record
- No Criminal History
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Willing to Work Flexible Hours, Including Long Hours and Weekends and Holidays. You Will Be Compensated for Overtime
- Strong Technical, Customer Service, Verbal and Writing Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to Read and Comprehend Technical Schematics, Tech Manuals and Memos
- Ability to Move and Lift Up to 52 Pounds
- Comfortable Working in Small Spaces and/or Various Heights
- Ability to Safely Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Ability to Climb Ladders in a Safe Manner
- Maintain A Body Weight Limit of 250 lbs.
- Background Check and Drug Test Will Be Performed As Part of Pre-employment
Satellite or Cable Installation Experience is a Plus
**Skills and knowledge areas from the following industries easily transition into the SUI Satellite Technician role:
hvac, carpentry, electricial, welding, plumbing, machinist, construction, welding, pest control,etc.
The Satellites Unlimited Corporate Center is located in Birmingham Alabama, with the company’s branch offices strategically located throughout our territory. We are hiring for technicians in these locations and surrounding areas:
Satellites Unlimited Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 8 years)Pros
Working for SUI over the past 9+ years has been a great experience for myself and my family. There are a wealth of pros that come with starting a career with this company. Just to name a few:
-Very competitive pay. Employees at Satellites Unlimited make a good living, and are rewarded for their hard work. When it comes to your salary, the sky is the limit and you truly can set what you earn.
-The Best of both worlds! Techs get the best of both worlds. They are paid very well like a contractor, yet have all the benefits of an employee such as company matching 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision through BCBS, paid time off, ability to earn more time off, and the list goes on! It's like owning your own business and working out of your house.
-Fully furnished. As a tech you are given a newer van that is fully outfitted with everything you need to do your job, including equipment/tools/supplies/etc.
-Room for growth/advancement
-Leadership that cares. Every year we get to take an anonymous survey to let the company know how they are doing, what they can do to improve, etc. This is the kind of feedback that most companies don't do anymore, but this allows the company to continue to get better.Cons
-Working outdoors and in the elements. A lot of people say they can do this, but until you actually go out there and do it, don't underestimate how tough it is! It's very physically demanding, but the rewards in the end are well worth it.
-As a new tech you can expect to work weekends. Most of our customers are home on the weekends so most techs work on the weekend.
-During the busy months you may have to go on 6/1 work weeks where you only get one day off. This is actually a pro to most people as that 6th day really adds up the money on your paycheck! It can get very exhausting though after a while of being on 6/1.
-Change. Technology is an ever changing industry. If you don't like change, you won't like it here. All of the change I have witnessed over the past 9-10 years has been for the better though.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Keep going in the right direction. The company has great leadership in place and over the past 9 to 10 years things have changed for the better.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Satellites Unlimited in February 2014.Interview Details
1st I did a phone interview then was scheduled for a face to face interview which took an hour and a half.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Describe a time when you had an irate customer how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome. View Answer
Satellites Unlimited, Inc. is the leading service provider for DISH. We are a family owned and operated business with 14 branch office locations and over 500 technicians who service the majority of Alabama, Mississippi, the Florida Panhandle and Northern Louisiana. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.suidish.com.
Mission: To hire Satellite Technicians who love to work with their hands, are technically inclined, have a strong desire to succeed, and are capable of delivering world-class...