- Satellites Unlimited update4 days ago
Do you have the tools for SUCCESS? SUI gives their techs all of the tools they need! Let us provide you with the right tools. Apply online today!
- Satellites Unlimited update11 days ago
Want to be a Lead Dog, but don't think you have what it takes? SUI makes sure all new hires receive comprehensive training so that they can excel at their job. Join our next world class training class! Apply Today!
Satellites Unlimited, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading regional service providers for DISH, a Fortune 200 Company that continues to define the curve in television entertainment. Our technicians are some of the most highly skilled in the industry, delivering world class customer service, 365 days a year.
Satellites Unlimited is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama and serves the majority of the Southeast US; including all of Alabama, the majority of Mississippi and Louisiana, plus significant portions of Florida, Georgia and Arkansas. We’re a family-oriented company since 1994. Here, as a Satellite Technician, you’ll find more opportunities. More benefits. And more earnings potential. Come explore the big picture with us!
SUI is a family-oriented company.
Satellites Unlimited offers our Satellite Technician the following benefits:
- Recession-Resistant Industry
- High Earning Potential ($52K on average with the top 10% reaching over $70K)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Technician Performance Bonuses
- Paid Training
- Paid Employee Referrals
- Tools, equipment, and fuel
- Professional Uniforms
- Promotion Opportunities
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan (Matching 401K)
- Paid Vacation
- Continuous Career Education
- Working for a financially stable and growing company
The Satellites Unlimited Technician is responsible for the installation and service of DISH Satellites Systems/Products, performed in the customer’s home, in their presence, and without supervision. This may include testing and repairing equipment that receives digital signals for residential customers by performing the following duties:
- Uses problem-solving and technical skills to install satellite dishes and related equipment
- Provides excellent customer experience while maintains a safe work environment
- Evaluates job site to assess optimal placement of satellite dish and communicates with customers to review the installation process
- Troubleshoots systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage
- Provides customer education regarding system usage
- Manages the administrative processes including van inventory and appropriate documentation
- Ensures that the highest quality of service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction
- Adheres to safety guidelines and requirements
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid U.S. Driver License
- Excellent Driving Record
- No Criminal History
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Willing to Work Flexible Hours, Including Long Hours and Weekends and Holidays. You Will Be Compensated for Overtime
- Strong Technical, Customer Service, Verbal and Writing Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to Read and Comprehend Technical Schematics, Tech Manuals and Memos
- Ability to Move and Lift Up to 52 Pounds
- Comfortable Working in Small Spaces and/or Various Heights
- Ability to Safely Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Ability to Climb Ladders in a Safe Manner
- Maintain A Body Weight Limit of 250 lbs.
- Background Check and Drug Test Will Be Performed As Part of Pre-employment
Satellite or Cable Installation Experience is a Plus
**Skills and knowledge areas from the following industries easily transition into the SUI Satellite Technician role:
hvac, carpentry, electricial, welding, plumbing, machinist, construction, welding, pest control,etc.
The Satellites Unlimited Corporate Center is located in Birmingham Alabama, with the company’s branch offices strategically located throughout our territory. We are hiring for technicians in these locations and surrounding areas:
Satellites Unlimited Photos
“A great opportunity for someone looking to grow and develop. This is a very high pace but relaxed environment. ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Solid company always growing. Outstanding leadership. Constant up training and growth. Very fast environment.Cons
Hope you can keep up with the pace.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Keep doing what you are doing! Continue to develop us as leadersRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Satellites Unlimited in November 2014.Interview Details
Everyone part of the hiring was quite smooth from applying to the interview itself. After the application is accepted, a recruiter calls you to verify your information and impress upon you how hard this job will be. I assume they do this to weed out the candidates that misunderstand what exactly is required to be an satellite installer. After you answer the recruiters question to their expectations, they schedule an interview.The interview was actually quite enjoyable. I enjoyed talking the manager very much. I really felt by how easily conversation flowed that I was going to be called to come work for the company, but in less than a week I was sent an email telling me that this was not the case. I just wish they would tell me a why I passed over. Other than not being hired the whole process was enjoyable and easy.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Most questions were expected as I have been to many interviews while looking for work. The questions that seem to stump me a bit are the ones asking for specific examples. Having worked in the industry for so long it is sometimes hard to remember or even pick just one example. Answer Question
Satellites Unlimited, Inc. is the leading service provider for DISH. We are a family owned and operated business with 14 branch office locations and over 500 technicians who service the majority of Alabama, Mississippi, the Florida Panhandle and Northern Louisiana. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.suidish.com.
Mission: To hire Satellite Technicians who love to work with their hands, are technically inclined, have a strong desire to succeed, and are capable of delivering world-class...