- Satellites Unlimited update1 day ago
Satellites Unlimited, Inc. is proud to hire former military men and women. We value your military experience and appreciate your service on behalf of our country. Military veterans are a natural fit for SUI. We embrace similar values: integrity, adaptability, strong work ethic, commitment to success, and leadership. Apply for a life changing career today!
- Satellites Unlimited update15 days ago
Did you know that Satellites Unlimited offers sales training, leadership development and promotional opportunities? We don't just have jobs. We have careers. Invest in your future and start your SUI career today!
Satellites Unlimited, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading regional service providers for DISH, a Fortune 200 Company that continues to define the curve in television entertainment. Our technicians are some of the most highly skilled in the industry, delivering world class customer service, 365 days a year.
Satellites Unlimited is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama and serves the majority of the Southeast US; including all of Alabama, the majority of Mississippi and Louisiana, plus significant portions of Florida, Georgia and Arkansas. We’re a family-oriented company since 1994. Here, as a Satellite Technician, you’ll find more opportunities. More benefits. And more earnings potential. Come explore the big picture with us!
SUI is a family-oriented company.
Satellites Unlimited offers our Satellite Technician the following benefits:
- Recession-Resistant Industry
- High Earning Potential ($52K on average with the top 10% reaching over $70K)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Technician Performance Bonuses
- Paid Training
- Paid Employee Referrals
- Tools, equipment, and fuel
- Professional Uniforms
- Promotion Opportunities
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan (Matching 401K)
- Paid Vacation
- Continuous Career Education
- Working for a financially stable and growing company
The Satellites Unlimited Technician is responsible for the installation and service of DISH Satellites Systems/Products, performed in the customer’s home, in their presence, and without supervision. This may include testing and repairing equipment that receives digital signals for residential customers by performing the following duties:
- Uses problem-solving and technical skills to install satellite dishes and related equipment
- Provides excellent customer experience while maintains a safe work environment
- Evaluates job site to assess optimal placement of satellite dish and communicates with customers to review the installation process
- Troubleshoots systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage
- Provides customer education regarding system usage
- Manages the administrative processes including van inventory and appropriate documentation
- Ensures that the highest quality of service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction
- Adheres to safety guidelines and requirements
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid U.S. Driver License
- Excellent Driving Record
- No Criminal History
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Willing to Work Flexible Hours, Including Long Hours and Weekends and Holidays. You Will Be Compensated for Overtime
- Strong Technical, Customer Service, Verbal and Writing Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to Read and Comprehend Technical Schematics, Tech Manuals and Memos
- Ability to Move and Lift Up to 52 Pounds
- Comfortable Working in Small Spaces and/or Various Heights
- Ability to Safely Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Ability to Climb Ladders in a Safe Manner
- Maintain A Body Weight Limit of 250 lbs.
- Background Check and Drug Test Will Be Performed As Part of Pre-employment
Satellite or Cable Installation Experience is a Plus
**Skills and knowledge areas from the following industries easily transition into the SUI Satellite Technician role:
hvac, carpentry, electricial, welding, plumbing, machinist, construction, welding, pest control,etc.
The Satellites Unlimited Corporate Center is located in Birmingham Alabama, with the company’s branch offices strategically located throughout our territory. We are hiring for technicians in these locations and surrounding areas:
Satellites Unlimited Photos
3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Satellites Unlimited full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
Well I liked it personaly for myself because I love work and new opportunities they provide tools and services.bonuses,incintives,awesome owner.Cons
This particular office will mistreat you with no respect and will run you over every opportunity they can late hours ,show favoritism overall no integrity at all even tho preached never shown.Advice to ManagementAdvice
My advice to upper management would be start with a new management team in a certain office for there is a lot corporate will never see. The entire office is compromised and makes you pay for your mistakes but management can run all over you and do whatever they like which makes me really question corporate for letting this go on and I know they do know a good bit but would rather look over it. Me as a business owner would think you would try looking into things more to first not ruin your company name,second show the integrity that you teach others,third more importantly respect the fellow tech for they are your very reason for being in business. I contacted owner and hr and several big guys but trust me when I tell you they do not really care, too many times they acted like a tech to scared to say something in fear of their own job and you start to wander why some don't say anything and why things always get worse. In short this company thinks of you only as a number not asset.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Satellites Unlimited in November 2014.Interview Details
Everyone part of the hiring was quite smooth from applying to the interview itself. After the application is accepted, a recruiter calls you to verify your information and impress upon you how hard this job will be. I assume they do this to weed out the candidates that misunderstand what exactly is required to be an satellite installer. After you answer the recruiters question to their expectations, they schedule an interview.The interview was actually quite enjoyable. I enjoyed talking the manager very much. I really felt by how easily conversation flowed that I was going to be called to come work for the company, but in less than a week I was sent an email telling me that this was not the case. I just wish they would tell me a why I passed over. Other than not being hired the whole process was enjoyable and easy.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Most questions were expected as I have been to many interviews while looking for work. The questions that seem to stump me a bit are the ones asking for specific examples. Having worked in the industry for so long it is sometimes hard to remember or even pick just one example. Answer Question
Satellites Unlimited, Inc. (SUI) is the nation’s most-decorated regional service provider for DISH, delivering world-class customer experiences throughout the Southeast. We provide professional installation services to more than 450,000 customers annually and are committed to maintaining exceptionally-high standards. We equip more than 600 team members with the training...
Mission: To deliver world-class in-home communications solutions and customer service to DISH's subscribers by recruiting, retaining and training top team members continuously.