- Shari's Restaurants update10 days ago
Shari's is interviewing General Managers & Assistant Managers! Positions are available in Salem, Eugene, Springfield, Corvallis and Roseburg! We would love to hear from you! Email your resume to: SSO@RMCJobs.com Or fax your resume to: 562-596-7093 (attn: SSO) Then call for interview appointment details: 562-596-7072 Tuesday, April 21st 9am to 4pm Shari’s Restaurant 900 Beltline Rd Springfield, OR 97477 Located at: Beltline and Gateway
- Shari's Restaurants update20 days ago
Shari's is interviewing General Managers & Assistant Restaurant Managers! Positions are available in Spokane, Spokane Valley, Wandermere, Coeur d'Alene & Moss Lake! We would love to hear from you! Email your resume to: SHS@RMCJobs.com Or fax your resume to: 562-596-7093 (attn: SHS) Then call for interview appointment details: 562-596-7072 We Are Interviewing: Tuesday, April 14th 10am to 4pm Shari’s Restaurant 320 North Sullivan Rd Veradale, WA 99037
At Shari’s, we put the ‘family’ in family dining. From a warm smile and personal greeting to the fast, friendly service throughout your meal, we make your family feel like they are part of ours. We’re all about the guest. And we’re always open when you’re hungry, 365 days a year.OUR HISTORY
Shari's restaurants began in Hermiston, Oregon, in 1978. Public reception of Shari's 24-hour family dining concept and popular entrees well-prepared at a fair price, led to the establishment of a second restaurant in Sherwood, Oregon within a year.
With 100 locations in seven northwestern states, Shari's Restaurants represents the largest family-style chain in the region. Known for serving everything on the menu 24 hours a day, Shari's has over 120 delicious food items and homemade desserts. Each Shari's seats around 125 people in high-backed booths to give guests as much privacy as possible. The unique six-sided building design gives a majority of guests a window to enjoy the beautiful landscaping that has become a trademark of Shari's. With a reputation for tasty food, good service, affordable pricing and clean environment, Shari's is a favorite among local residents.
Shari's trademark is our patented, six-sided building surrounded by beautifully maintained landscaping, which provides a pleasant curb appeal. Once inside, guests enjoy window seating and quick service due to the restaurant's unique layout.
Shari's Restaurant of Airport Way in Portland Oregon. Photo taken in the Spring/Summer of 2012.
To enhance the value of our guests' overall dining experience by identifying and developing extremely talented and caring employees dedicated to serving quality products with pride.
Since 1978 when the first Shari's opened in Hermiston, Oregon, Northwesterners have received great food, friendly service and amazing award-winning pie.
OUR RESTAURANT CULTURE
If you join the Shari's family, we want you to thrive. After 35 years as a successful restaurant chain, we've learned the key characteristics successful employees share. So how do you know if Shari's culture FITS your personality? Easy. We broke it down into four simple words.
- If you work at Shari's, you love food. We'll give you plenty of chances to expand your knowledge of foods and recipes. We're continually bringing in new and exciting food products for you to experience, and introduce to our guests. We try new cooking techniques to bring out the texture and flavor of our fresh, Northwest ingredients. Before you know it, you'll be a Pacific Northwest comfort food aficionado. It's all part of the reason we like to say Shari's stands for "simply great food".
- Honor and integrity are woven into the way we approach our guests, coworkers and the business of food service. It can be summed up as "do the right thing". We're honest with ourselves and others. Truth is a powerful communication tool. Which is why we don't assign blame, or make excuses. Instead, we work together in an open and respectful manner. It results in actions that solve problems, rather than intensify them.
- When you join the Shari's team, we'll help you nurture your natural talents. Our high energy and positive work/dining environment creates plenty of opportunity to assert yourself. Our most successful employees are those who are driven by excellence, never settling for "acceptable". Here, you are always learning and improving. Our extensive training program puts you in a position to succeed.
- To say our service goes above and beyond is a bit of an understatement. We like to say our employees have "hearts for service". They truly love serving others. It shows each and every day as they do some pretty amazing things for our guests. This friendly atmosphere makes Shari's the place where people come to celebrate a birthday, go on a first date, or gather with friends. It says a lot about our people that our guests choose to spend special times with us.
At Shari's, our goal is to help you develop your career with us. Our training programs allow you to keep working while developing the skills necessary to advance throughout the company.JOB DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- MANAGEMENT TRAINING PROGRAMS
- For new and existing team members Shari's offers five levels of management training programs. These programs are offered in a variety of ways: online through our Corporate University, at Certified Training Restaurants, in a classroom taught by our corporate instructors or personally by management or training staff in your location. If you choose a management career with Shari's these programs are designed to progress you through the management levels from supervisor to assistant manager to general manager. Shari's believes in promoting from within the company whenever possible and you will find that many of the people you work with have held other positions within the company.
- TRAINING POSITIONS
- At Shari's, each restaurant develops their own training staff known as CEOs (Creating Excellence Officers). CEOs assist the management team in conducting newly hired team member training and other training functions at the restaurant. Our team members who aren't quite ready for full-time management positions feel this is an excellent opportunity for contributing to the restaurant and developing their skills. CEO trainers may also participate in new restaurant openings.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS
- Shari's is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. If your goal is to pursue a more formal education or you have child care needs, there are nearly unlimited scheduling possibilities available. In fact, through our annual survey, our team members tell us that one of their manager's greatest strengths is working with their schedules.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- For Assistant Managers and General Managers, Shari's offers a Tuition Reimbursement program for courses related to their position. The company will reimburse up to $300 for approved courses twice a year.
- With 100 restaurants in six states, there are many opportunities for you to continue your employment when you find that transferring would make better use of your talents, offer you a greater challenge, provide opportunity for your growth and development or you need to relocate.
Shari's takes a very broad-based approach to our benefits packages. Offerings range from career development opportunities to financial ones, from health insurance to ample vacation time. All in all, Shari's benefits spell job satisfaction.MANAGER BENEFITS
- Medical Benefits
- Shari's offers a comprehensive medical plan which is available to our restaurant managers after 90 days of employment or after 30 days from promotion into management. This plan includes hospitalization, office visits, lab and x-rays, emergency care, prescription drugs, mental health care, and chemical dependency along with 24-hour nurse support. Coverage for alternative care treatments such as acupuncture, manipulative treatment, and services by a naturopathic doctor are covered up to $1,000 a year. Shari's generously pays 75% of the premium for employees and 62% of dependent coverage. If elected, the manager can pay their portion of the premium pre-tax. The participant's out-of-pocket expense is lower when services are received from a preferred health care provider.
- Dental Benefits
- Shari's dental plan is included in the medical plan and covers a portion of routine preventative services, basic services, diagnostic services and major services up to $1,500 annually. The participant's out-of-pocket expense is lower when services received are from a preferred dentist.
- Pay and Bonus
- Shari's offers competitive salary range for management including an aggressive bonus program. Managers are paid every other Friday and bonuses are paid every four weeks, meaning there are 26 pay checks and 13 bonus checks in a year. Bonuses are based on a combination of sales volume and controllable profit in your restaurant.
- Direct Deposit
- Shari's offers direct deposit to general managers and assistant managers.
- Life Insurance
- Shari's provides each General Manager and Assistant Manager life insurance equaling their annual salary, but not less than $50,000 and not to exceed $100,000. This coverage provides a monetary benefit to your family or designated beneficiary in the event of your death. Those eligible are automatically enrolled in Shari's life insurance plan on the first day of the month following your first 90 days of employment with Shari's.
- Income Protection
- Shari's also offers voluntary enrollment in short-term disability coverage to general managers and assistant managers. This coverage can provide you with an income stream should you temporarily be unable to work due to a disability or illness.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Shari's 401(k) is an excellent way to save for retirement through pre-tax payroll deductions. Currently Shari's matches a portion of your contributions based on company financial results.
- As a manager you begin accruing vacation time from your date of hire or the date you are promoted into management. Working full time, managers accrue 80 hours of vacation time in years 1-5. After five years you will accrue 120 hours and after 10 years you will accrue 160 hours.
- Sick Time
- Upon hire or promotion into management, exempt managers receive 40 hours of sick pay. An additional 40 hours is awarded at each anniversary.
- Leaves of Absences
- Should the need arise for an manager to take a leave of absence, Shari's makes available the applicable State and Federal leaves as well as bereavement leave. If the need doesn't qualify for a leave we do our best in working with the team member in meeting their need for time off.
- Medical Benefits
- Shari's hourly restaurant employees are eligible to enroll in a limited benefit medical plan after 30 days of employment. This plan allows employees to choose from three levels of coverage to tailor the coverage to meet the needs of you and your dependents.
- Shari's offers competitive pay based on experience and we pay our employees every other week with 26 pay periods in a year.
- Holiday Pay
- Shari's is proud to be able to serve our guests 365 days a year, including holidays, and in doing so we are happy to pay our team members in certain positions holiday pay on Thanksgiving and Christmas day.
- Tip Sharing
- Shari's does not have a tip pooling policy in place, but instead we encourage our tipped team members to voluntarily tip those who help contribute to their guests' satisfaction.
- Shari's 401(k) is a great way to save for retirement through pre-tax payroll deductions. For those team members that qualify to participate in the plan, Shari's is currently matching a percentage of your contributions based on company financial results.
- After one year of employment, hourly team members can begin accruing vacation hours any time they work 60 hours or more in a two-week pay period.
- Income Protection
- For those hourly employees enrolled in Shari's limited benefit medical plan, we offer the option of adding life insurance of $20,000 for themselves and $2,500 and $1,250 for covered spouse and dependent(s) respectively. Short-term disability coverage can also be added.
- Leaves of Absence
- Should the need arise for an employee to take a leave of absence, Shari's makes available the applicable State and Federal leaves. If the need doesn't qualify for a leave we do our best in working with the team member in meeting their need for time off.
- MEAL DISCOUNT ON DUTY
- We are proud of our food and want you to be familiar with the taste and appearance of all the items we serve. With this in mind, Shari's has a generous team member meal program. Tipped team members receive a 50% discount on meals while working. Non-tipped team members receive a $9 meal allowance each shift. Managers and supervisors receive a 100% discount on meals while working.
- MEAL DISCOUNT OFF DUTY
- Shari's is all about family dining and Shari's provides you with a 30% discount card starting with your first paycheck. Shari's 30% discount card allows you to purchase meals for yourself and immediate family members who are accompanying you at any Shari's location during your time off. Many of our team members find this especially helpful when they are traveling or are on vacation. In addition, managers are encouraged to dine during their off-duty time with their families at a 100% discount twice a month and assistant managers once a month.
- 100 CLUB
- Shari's has a long tradition of getting to know our guests by name and a little something about them. This is the basis of Shari's 100 Club. Club membership is open to any employee who can learn the name and something about 100 guests. Team members are rewarded with a pin and cash bonus. Some of your Shari's teammates know more than 2,500 guests.
- PRESIDENT'S CLUB
- Shari's general managers who meet the established criteria are invited to attend the annual Presidents Club conference. This conference is held at a resort location and is dedicated to Celebration and Collaboration.
- ANNIVERSARY RECOGNITION
- You will find that many of your Shari's teammates have been with the company for a long time. Shari's recognizes your years of service each year on your anniversary date. Each year you will receive a letter recognizing your accomplishment and a voucher to purchase items at our online store. You will also receive distinctive pins on milestone years.
- HERO AWARD
- Shari's team members do some pretty amazing things; going above and beyond to be of service to our guests. To recognize this type of outstanding performance Shari's has developed a "Hero Award". Recipients are recognized in our company newsletter and also receive a cash bonus.
Shari's Restaurants Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Shari's Restaurants full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
They gave me all the hours i could ever want
this was a good all around comapany
Advice to Management
give second chances
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Shari's Restaurants (Portland, OR).
Filled out application, given an interview date and was hired within the week. Started seating customers, serving water and coffee, presenting menus and quoting specials. Took a brief moment to introduce myself as a student and engaged the customers in small chat to give the Sharis mission statement.
- I have had banana splits sent back for more whipped cream. Silly but making the customer happy was our mission. Answer Question
You might say this Shari keeps the kitchen open all day and all night. Shari's Management Corporation owns and operates more than 100 Shari's family restaurants in six states (primarily in the Northwest) that serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner 24 hours a day. The chain of eateries offers standard American fare, such as pancakes and eggs, sandwiches and burgers, and beef...
Mission: To enhance the value of our guests' overall dining experience by identifying and developing extremely talented and caring employees dedicated to serving quality products...