- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Shaw Communications full-time (more than an year)Pros
- GREAT people to work with. Love my fellow co-workers
- very supportive management. Supervisors and manager of department extremely supportive
- very approachable and understanding managers
- good support environment if you need help
- great benefits
- commission is great
- good training
- always opportunities to cross departments
- fantastic environment. Very friendly.Cons
- customers are dumb. You will encounter the dumbest, and angriest people ever.
- huge lack of advancing. Sure you can cross departments, but that's it. Going higher into supervisors and department managers is extremely unlikely, even trying to advance into a support position. Even more unlikely to advance into the office positions from the call centre
- huge dissonance between the executives and people in the call center. We're kept in separate buildings, and although they're trying to go into the direction of customer focused, I don't think anyone besides Brad Shaw has ever taken a call
- lack of transparency on issues
- guilt trip you when you take days off
- micro manageAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Department managers: good job
Everyone else higher: Take a day of calls. I dare you.
It seems to me executives don't even know how the company works apart from on a logistics level. It would be interesting to see the VP of marketing and promotions actually take a call in Loyalty, and tell me if our promotions and no contract are the right thing to do. Sometimes I think Telus does have it right with those contracts. Service agreements are dumb.
Get the VP of operations to speak to customers.
This should honestly be a requirement in the company now that everyone has to do some calls and TALK to customers if Shaw really does want to go towards a customer focused model.Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person – interviewed at Shaw Communications.Interview Details
You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!! You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!!Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make. That would not be popular. You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!! Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Shaw Communications Inc. is a diversified communications and media company, providing consumers with broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Home Phone, telecommunications services (through Shaw Business), satellite direct-to-home services (through Shaw Direct) and engaging programming content (through Shaw Media).
Shaw serves 3.3 million customers, through a...
Mission: Since Shaw's start as a cable company in Edmonton, we have expanded our network and the number of products and services we offer. And we're not stopping there. Shaw has...