- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Shaw Communications full-time (more than 8 years)Pros
• Salary is decent enough despite the competitor TELUS paying more.
• Most of the tier two representatives were helpful.
• Supervisors will help you if you work hard and are honest.
• Paid vacation, bonuses, paid sick days (for full-time). Paid training for new hires.Cons
• Schedule is very inflexible in the call center. If you cannot handle having to rotate your schedule every two weeks and work as early as 7am and as late as 11pm, then you will want to find somewhere else to work because even if you have seniority you will not have a say in your schedule at all. That being said, the supervisory team sometimes makes exceptions for employees that are students and work around their school schedule.
• Very old and outdated tools being used. This really slows down efficiency. I had to apologize to customers and thank them for their patience as I tried pulling up their accounts and making changes. Sometimes it was so bad that I had to call them back so that they would not wait for too long.
• At times we have a lack of coverage, and customers have to wait on hold for a long time.
• Because Shaw does not have cell phone service, they cannot offer as good value as TELUS, so it can be very hard to retain customers because of this.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Consider cellular phone acquisition, generate more income from that, use that income to upgrade your outdated tools, and hire enough staff for call center coverage. Other than that I love Shaw and appreciate everything that the good people there have done for me. I grew a lot here and started at a very young age.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person – interviewed at Shaw Communications.Interview Details
You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!! You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!!Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make. That would not be popular. You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!! Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Shaw Communications Inc. is a diversified communications and media company, providing consumers with broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Home Phone, telecommunications services (through Shaw Business), satellite direct-to-home services (through Shaw Direct) and engaging programming content (through Shaw Media).
Shaw serves 3.3 million customers, through a...
Mission: Since Shaw's start as a cable company in Edmonton, we have expanded our network and the number of products and services we offer. And we're not stopping there. Shaw has...