Join Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) and help us bring tomorrow’s technology to today! SNC offers an exciting, dynamic and challenging work environment where you can expand your career opportunities and achieve professional growth. Employees are our greatest assets. Our environment encourages employees to unleash creativity, and strive for new ideas, technologies and processes.
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation is known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, and aircraft and communications systems for both the private and public sectors. Founded in 1963, our six unique business areas support over 3,000 personnel in 31 locations in 17 states – all of whom are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC’s dynamic customer base.
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s culture is centered on six principles and core values. Together, these principles and core values define our culture and identity. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations with out of the box thinking, new creative solutions and technologies and processes that enrich our world. Most importantly we hold ourselves to the unwavering value of integrity.
• Customer Focus
• People Matter
• Quality Products and Services
• Innovation and Scalability
• Defined and Continuously Improved Processes
Benefits & Compensation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) offers a highly competitive total compensation package. We have a “pay for performance” philosophy and are focused on recognizing and rewarding high performance.
Along with competitive compensation, Sierra Nevada Corporation offers the following benefits package:
• 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with Generous Corporate Matching (150% match up to 10% of your contribution per pay period, $1.50 company match for each $1 you defer)
• Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Accredited College Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Relocation Assistance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• On-Site Daycare with Qualified, Safety-Certified Instructors - Sparks, NV
• 125 Cafeteria Plan - Health Insurance Premiums, Unreimbursed Health Costs, Dependent Care
• 529 College Savings Plan
• Voluntary Group Benefits
• SNC University - Internal Training Program
• Direct Deposit
• Credit Union Membership
SNC's culture fosters a family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on employee recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
• Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
• Annual Summer Physical Fitness Event
• Year-End Celebration
• Corporate-Sponsored Participation in Local Events
• Complimentary Power Snacks
Employee Recognition & Rewards
SNC values it’s excellent employees and recognizes those employees that go above and beyond. The following programs are utilized to reward exemplary performance, innovation & “out of the box” thinking:
Significant Technical Achievement Reward (STAR) Award
The STAR program was established to recognize the top technical performer and team in each Business Area. The STAR award recipients are announced and receive special recognition at SNC’s Year End Event. Below are some of the STAR categories that are tied to SNC values:
- Exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrated excellence in technical job performance
Contributing to Corporate Success
- Exceeding established performance targets
- Implementation of process improvement ideas
- Demonstrated "out of the box" thinking
- New ideas to include new technologies, approaches to technical challenges etc.
- Spot awards allow the organization to recognize employee’s who go above and beyond and demonstrate exemplary performance.
- All employees are recognized annually with a gift to signify appreciation for their support and dedication.
We have long recognized that people are our greatest asset. At SNC employees are treated with respect and dignity, and recognized for their diverse backgrounds, opinions and collaborative actions. We expect our employees to be honest, trustworthy, and confident to tell it like it is. We believe everyone needs to be ethical and always strive to do their best. Here is what our employees have to say about us:
- "SNC is a family, not just a place to work, and that culture is fostered from the highest level. The products we make and all the effort it takes to make them happen – those are rewarding, but seeing the end results at work and in use…that feels good. I’m proud to be part of SNC – making a difference every single day.”
- "Great engineering environment. Plenty of opportunity to work with new technology.”
- "I have had many employment experiences over my work life and find this company/job to be the best I have experienced. This is just an innovative and agile technology company as their motto proclaims. They have huge expectations which keep the employees challenged and excited. I see very little ‘micro-management’ here; we are given ownership of our job which makes us feel valued. Everyone is helpful, responsive and supportive to each other.”
- "SNC’s culture and environment are well suited for my personality and goals; Projects important to helping our customers, Challenging delivery timelines, and “Can do” attitude across the board.”
- "SNC provides an amazing atmosphere to work in and it is obvious they value their employees. They continuously praise and reward their employees even during difficult economic times. “
- "Without a doubt SNC is a fantastic place to work! As a retired military officer and with over three years at SNC I am constantly impressed with the SNC culture. Seriously, I have not experienced such a dynamic, cleverly dedicated group of individuals from every position within the company. We owe that success to the outstanding leadership provided by the owners. They set the tone and provide us all with a very fast paced, great working environment.”
- "This is the best place to work; our owners are the best and take care of all employees from the bottom to higher level positions.”
- "The company encourages team collaboration and promotes new and creative ways of thinking. They hire amazing people who go above and beyond, which encourages you to do the same and makes SNC a place where you want to come to work.”
- "It is clear that the company sees employees as its most valuable asset and is constantly finding ways to show it. They celebrate/reward hard work and company achievements. Management is always looking for ways to improve efficiency, and involve employees in the process.”
- "Outstanding company to work for, with opportunities for higher learning and benefits that are significantly above average.”
- "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space" - Fast Company Magazine (2014)
- U.S. Top 10 Nation's Fastest Growing Private Companies, "Revenue Growth for $Billion Companies" - Inc. Magazine (2011)
- "Aerospace Company of the Year" (2014)
- "Top Women-Owned U.S. Government Contractor" (2010 and 2012)
- "Fastest Growing Women-Owned Company in North America" (2011)
- "Aviation Entrepreneurs of the Year" (2012) and inducted as "Living Legends of Aviation" (2013) - Beverly Hills, CA
- Top 10 Most Influential Turkish-Americans - TurkOfAmerica Magazine (2014)
- "Ellis Island Medal of Honor" - CEO Recipient (2014)
- "Top Woman-Owned Firms" for excellence in using innovative information technology solutions - GCN (2005 and 2006)
- "Women Role Model of the Year" (2002)
- "Distinguished Business of the Year" (2001)
Best Places to Work
- “Above & Beyond” Award for commitment to providing Guard and Reserve employees additional, non-mandated benefits - Nevada National Guard’s Nevada Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve (2014)
- Reno-Tahoe's "Best Places to Work" (2009, 2011, and 2012)
- "Denver's Best Places to Work" (2012)
- "Florida's Best Companies to Work" (2010)
Sierra Nevada Corporation Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
Have worked for this company for many years. The owners are visionary and generous with their employees. The Corporate staff is wonderful to work with. I enjoy every day!
Too much red tape and too much inefficiencies.
Advice to Management
Delegate, delegate, delegate! Delegate to the wonderfully talented staff you have put in place. Put some good processes in place, train them and then empower them to get things done!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in March 2015.
Applied online. 30 minute phone screening with 3 people followed by an hour long on-site interview with 4 people. For both interviews, I was unaware there would be multiple people, but they were friendly. A mixture of technical questions based on my resume and general questions.
- What does my ideal project look like. Answer Question
Sierra Nevada Corporation is known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, and aircraft and communications systems for both the private and public sectors. Founded in 1963, our six unique business areas support over 3,000 personnel in 31 locations in 17 states – all of whom are dedicated...
Mission: Provide meaningful and innovative solutions to help humanity in the areas of Security, Health, Environment/Energy, Education and Communications. Provide Rapid...