- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Sikorsky full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
- Good initial salary and increases/raises are decent.
- Best vacation/sick time benefits.
- Secure employment.
- Coworkers are friendly and nice.
- Great health insurance.
- 401K match program is a plus.Cons
- Overtime work is a scam. Receive less than your hourly rate for overtime work if you are a direct employee.
- Tech support is slow and technology is a bit out of date.
- Professional development is slow. Hard to get promoted within your own group.
- End up doing the job of 3 different people due to short staff.
- A lot of bureaucracy. Engineering work gets muddy in the paperwork chain.
- A lot of red tape has to be cleared to perform the simplest of tasks.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Improve your technology. Fix how engineering changes get released. Help improve senior engineers response time.
- Treat professional goals realistically. Create a career plan with your workers.
- Get more staff for paperwork and analytic studies.
- Overtime should be at least equal time if not time and a half like other places.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Sikorsky.Interview Details
Phone Interview. Pretty basic stuff over the phone, i.e. interests, goals, etc. Nothing too stressful. Very professional over the phone but kind of laid back. Was not too technical but did ask about previous course work in school.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- What were my interests and goals. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still fly the skies. A subsidiary of United Technologies, Sikorsky Aircraft designs, manufactures, and services such military helicopters as the Black Hawk (combat support, border security, medevac); Seahawk (anti-submarine/surface warfare, search/rescue); and Superhawk (military operations). Sikorsky's CH-53K helicopter is used by the US Marines for heavy lift operations. Civil aircraft include the S-76 and S-92, which are used for rescue, offshore oil, medical, and corporate use...