Slack and Company Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Slack and Company full-time (More than 5 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
• Talented creative teams are lead by an approachable ECD who knows how to build teams, foster creativity and encourage risk taking
• A strong sense of community and friendship exists thanks to frequent work functions and cross-team collaborations
• Good benefits for full-time employees—nice perks for both freelance and full-time
• The leadership practices a very flat, transparent operational style that encourages ideas from feedback from everyone
• Process exists to ensure quality—but it is flexible enough to allow new ways of doing things
• The typical challenges associated with advertising, marketing and other service related firms also exist at here—fast pace, challenging deadlines and some difficult clients. But on the whole—I would say that Slack does a good job with managing clients to allow for a work-life-balance.
Advice to Management
Keep treating people like people—and you'll aways attract good talent. This applies to clients as well.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Slack and Company in September 2014.
Discovered the opening via Twitter which directed me to the website. Per the website's request, I sent an email and resume to the HR manager. Was contacted for an interview about a month later. First round was a quick phone chat and then I followed-up to come in for an in-person interview which was scheduled for about a week later. During my interview at the office I met with the HR manager and two other account supervisors. One of them had a meeting go longer than expected so a very friendly account manager kept me company and told me a bit more about "Slack" from a former intern's point of view. Everyone made me feel very comfortable and there were no questions outside of typical "tell me about yourself and your experiences" requests. I then followed up another week after my interview but was redirected as the hiring manager was out of the office. My circumstances were urgent because I had received an offer elsewhere but very much enjoyed my Slack and Company experience more. The help I received from a few employees was absolutely wonderful and I was able to receive an offer shortly thereafter.
- What was the most challenging class you have taken in college? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Founded in 1988, Slack and Company is one of the world’s first integrated marketing communications (IMC) agencies and one of the very few that works exclusively with business-to-business marketers. The company works principally with change agents and disruptors to build strong business brands and generate profitable demand for their products, services and ideas. The agency is a charter member of the Worldwide Partners (WPI) B2B Network, the world’s largest network of independent agencies that specialize in b2b marketing or offer it as an area of practice.