3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at SmartStream Technologies full-time (more than an year)Pros
1. You are surrounded by very good environment - lots of peers you will find here who are techie or if not then at least smart enough to carry out development tasks.
2. You will get a liberty of downloading/installing any software that you feel is necessary for web development. so no admin request every now and then.
3. Managers here are quite practical and techie too. If you get under any good manager here then thats a big PRO in itself otherwise all d best.
4. You will surely find out that learning curve rise day by day. (Except if you are stuck on something for days)
5. Colleagues, Managers, HR and CH , all are cool and helpful.
6. Lots of exposure to financial domain (Reconciliation and Reference Data Management to be precise).
7. Promotions, Pay Hikes , Release Parties, lots of fun and work.
8. Office location is great. ( 10 min from jogeshwari and 15-25 min from andheri). You will get to see lots of TV/ Film celebrities here and it has got famous malls,pubs,hotels etc. in the vicinity.
9. Work culture, working hours(min. 7 hours), flexible timings(after 12 noon - half day)
10. If you are from CMM 5 company(wherein we hardly get to learn anything), join this one, i did and i am quite confident on present day that i can carry out any dev task successfully.Cons
1. May be some delay in getting documents (promotion/hike etc.) which is just a formality so not a serious con
2. Sometimes you might be overloaded with work with unreasonable deadline.
3. Company is mid size so ppl know each other by name, if you mess with anything unknowingly, news will be heard by all in no time. So dnt mess wid wrong ppl.
4. Pantry is small, Toilet too. you have to manage.
but nevertheless when you see that message "salary credited XXXXXXX" from bank on month end, you will forget all this. :PAdvice to ManagementAdvice
You ppl are doing great. i have heard that CH sleeps for just 5 hours. It means there is lots of hard work going on from management side. all the best and be reachable and adaptable. cheers!RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days – interviewed at SmartStream Technologies in October 2013.Interview Details
My Interview was schedule by Akshada from DishaHR consultancy and Some guy named Ketan had taken my interview and he asked questions like:
1.Difference between primary key and unique key why one should use unique key if it allows
only one null ?
2.What is view ? how to create view and its advantages.
3.Select the name of students who speaks specific languages from two tables using joins. Usage of Group by Clause.
4.Name the student who has secured third highest marks using sub queries.
5.Write program to sort the given numbers using any programming language.
6.What is Test plan and it's contents?
7.How to Mitigate the risk if your delivery would be delayed by several days?
8.Difference between System and Functional TestingInterview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- Questions on Testing environment setup and deployment of Java Applications - HTTP service, Web Service, App service. Answer Question
My current Company has decided to retain me with more hike :)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
SmartStream is a global software and managed services provider that in challenging markets conditions has outpaced its rivals in the financial markets sector, creating an impressive base of more than 1,500 customers. This includes more than 70 of the world’s top 100 banks alongside the world’s leading asset managers, custodians and broker dealers.
At the heart of this success is the ability to react to client, market and regulatory changes through innovative solutions. That is why, even in challenging market conditions, the company continues to invest more than 20% of...