Regarded for its online project management, collaboration, and file sharing features, Smartsheet's intuitive spreadsheet-like app is used broadly to track and manage diverse types of work including: team projects and task lists, customer information, sales pipelines, event schedules, and business processes.
Customers can access their accounts online via www.smartsheet.com or through integrations with leading web services. Smartsheet is a top-rated online project management solution for Google Apps and Salesforce, and is also integrated with leading web apps such as Box, Dropbox and Zapier.
Since 2006, Smartsheet has established a proven track record for ease of use, security, and system availability. Customers include small and medium businesses, Fortune 500 companies, and academic institutions, as well as local and federal government agencies.
The management team is composed of experienced business leaders with a track record of building innovative, easy-to-use business software.
The company’s headquarters are located in Bellevue, Washington. Investors include Sutter Hill Ventures, Insight Venture Partners, and Madrona Venture Group.
Benefits & Perks
- Every employee gets their choice of a Mac or PC
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision with fully paid premiums for you and your dependents
- Adjustable desks, crazy fast computers, and dual monitors -- for everyone
- 15 vacation days per year to start (with unlimited rollover), unlimited sick time, 10 paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- 401k with traditional and Roth options
- Fully funded long term disability plan
- Supplemental offerings from Aflac -- including short term disability
- Flex spending account options for health care and day care
- Choice of paid on-site parking or fully reimbursed public transportation
- Monthly contribution toward 520 bridge tolls
- Act with integrity and always do what is right
- Embrace innovative problem-solving
- Bring a driven commitment to success
- Be authentic and act with purpose
- Create a supportive environment
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
-Collaborative open work environment, no issues raising ideas / solutions to leadership, peers -Great product with buy-in from almost everyone at the company -Excellent leadership throughout - open door policy is totally followed -Opportunities to work on exciting projects are based on merit not seniority -Work/Life balance is respected totally
It is difficult for employees to understand what their path is upwards - which is typical for flatter orgs. Best for management to communicate this early & often for talented + interested employees.
Advice to Management
Keep on keeping on - and be mindful of employees who express interest in movement horizontally and vertically
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.
I probably had the longest interview process in the company. They saw me as a good culture fit, but lacked the technical skills for the first two roles, and finally landed the 3rd role. Interview with recruiter, hiring manager, co-founder, then 6 hour interview "loop". Pivoted to 2nd Role and met with hiring manager, then presentation, then 4 hour "loop". Finally for the 3rd position I met with 2 team members.
- Putting together a solution presentation for a make-believe company without a lot of details to go by. Then presenting my solution to members of that team and managers. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Smartsheet is a high growth SaaS company with thousands of organizations and millions of users in 175 countries experiencing substantial value from the use of the innovative Smartsheet platform. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.