- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Social & Scientific SystemsRecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
- Smart and engaged employees looking to help others through health research
- Flexible work hours
- The company gives back to the community through many volunteering projects and even the new president is involved.
- As the company is growing, the plan for growth is a bit stretched due to a number of factors.
- Hiring - takes too long to hire and at times the new hires do not fit the company culture especially when the Executives are involved
- Salary - Being an employee owned company, the company pays less than the competition. With that said, the benefits and culture make up for the lower pay.
Advice to Management
- Focus more developing staff, especially junior staff, as too much talent leaves the company. If you can retain more junior talent and have them grow through the ranks, it will only strengthen the company.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferAverage Interview
Applied online. I then had telephone screen with the hiring manager. Next was the in person. About a week later received an offer. The entire process took about 5 weeks, from applying to accepting offer.
- Mostly discussed my past professional experience and how it related to what they were looking for. It was pretty straightforward, no curveballs at all. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) loves to crunch numbers in the public interest. The firm provides research services to biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Its customers also include government organizations specializing in public health issues, such as cancer and substance abuse. SSS coordinates research studies, epidemiology surveys, and offers meeting and conference planning services. The company also provides technology-related services including software and Web site development. Founded in 1978, SSS is one of the leading government contractors that deals...