- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at SogoTrade full-time (more than a year)Pros
1. Unlike working at bigger companies where each employee is responsible for a very specific job function, at SogoTrade you have the opportunity to be involved in multiple cross functional projects and learn skills and gain experience from a lot of different areas. You also get to develop your skills more here because this company is not afraid to give its employees a chance to try new things. I feel I can learn so much more here than in a lot of other companies.
2. Very friendly working environment. I have the opportunity to work with people from different departments all the time and I find my coworkers to be very professional and easy to work with.
3. SogoTrade is a very agile company. Great ideas / suggestions can be accepted by management and implemented in a relatively short period of time. This makes it exciting to work here because we are always turning new ideas into reality.
4. The CEO of SogoTradeis a proven leader in the online brokerage industry. Not only does he have a great vision for SogoTrade,but he also knows exactly how he plans to get there. He is good at motivating his employees and recognizing their potential. He is also very generous in sharing his knowledge and ideas. He expects his employees to work hard and produce good work, but at the same time, he understands and supports work and family balance.
5. Being a smaller company, you quickly get recognized if you perform well.
6. I personally believe SogoTrade has the potential to go very far and I’m excited to have the opportunity to grow with it.Cons
1. Since SogoTrade is still relatively small, it doesn’t have the kind of resources other big companies might have. But I think as SogoTrade grows, this should be less and less of an issue.
2. If you’re looking for a job to show up and perform a repetitive task each day, then you might not be a great fit. You need to be able to multi-task and be prepared to work on new projects as they arise.
3. As a smaller company, SogoTrade can’t always pay top dollar for each employee. However, they do offer competitive pay, even for those less experienced, and they promote the idea that as the company profits, the employees will profit.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue to focus on employees. It's clear that this is a smaller company and resources must be carefully utilized, but as the company grows, make sure to recognize those who have contributed to it's success. Departments can always use more people and salaries can always be higher, but employee recognition goes a long way in the mean time.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at SogoTrade in January 2013.Interview Details
Reference the job by a friend and submitted resume via email. Got response within a week asking for detailed resume. Received a face to face interview next week. The interview is informal and short. After introduced by the team lead and CEO the requirement for the job, I presented to them what I have accomplished from my past and current jobs and my capacity and value to the job.
The compensation is negotiated right after the interview.
Got the job a week later after the interview.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
SogoTrade, Inc. is a U.S. online discount stock brokerage firm offering a wide range of investment products including stocks, options, ETFs and educational savings accounts. With its five online trading platforms and its market research tools, SogoTrade provides its Customers with some of the best trading technology while delivering some of the lowest commissions in the industry.