Specialty’s Café & Bakery operates over 40 restaurants in California, Washington and Illinois - blending the best of old world food techniques with the advantages of modern technology ordering. Specialty’s hand-produces delicious culinary creations in each store daily for Café customers and Business Catering clients.
Specialty’s has continued to evolve our menu with the expansion of baked goods, sandwiches, salads and soups, as well as the introduction of award-winning coffee. The customer experience has also morphed from the original small, standing-room only street shop to larger cafes that feature comfortable in-store dining, free Wi-Fi and large patios.
The 2005 acquisition of technology company Sandwich Direct brought Specialty’s customers the option of online ordering for personal meals and catering events. Specialty’s has been dedicated to continually enhancing the online customer experience while also leveraging our technology to improve accuracy and speed in order fulfillment. Innovations such as saved favorites, ASAP Priority Pickup and Specialty’s Group Invitation Ordering have all been designed to make life easier and tastier for our online customers.
Recognized by the San Francisco Business Times as one of San Francisco’s 100 largest and fastest growing private companies of 2011, Specialty’s remains family-owned and operated while employing over 1,400 people in California, Washington and Illinois. We serve as a local customer favorite as well as a preferred corporate caterer for companies from start-ups to the Fortune 500.
Specialty's is a made-from-scratch bakery and café offering home-style, healthy food made fresh on the premises.
Specialty's mission is to build on its successful food concept by combining our signature products, warm environment, great value and friendly service in a way that simply makes you feel good.
In order to achieve our mission, Specialty's is committed to:
- Growing our company in a financially responsible manner while always being true to our traditional bakery heritage
- Continual innovation in systems, processes, recipes, and technologies while respecting the integrity of our core concept strengths
- Ensuring that those who contribute to our success are rewarded fairly and treated as partners
- Combining our successful heritage with our future goals will ensure that coming to Specialty's will always feel like coming home
The Specialty's family lives by certain core values that guide all of our activities and help insure our continued success.
Have Passion for our business, our products and our services
- Show pride in the products and services we provide
- Value our customers highly and delight in their satisfaction
- Promote a friendly, caring and positive attitude and environment
- Serve the needs of the employees to enable them to be the best they can be at work and in life
- Act with Integrity and show Respect
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and ethics; do what's right
- Show respect and appreciation for customers, employees, suppliers, friends, family and yourself
- Speak positively and supportively about the team
- Actively listen to others for insight and understanding
- Be Accountable
- Take personal accountability for actions and results
- Focus on finding solutions and achieving results, rather than making excuses and placing blame
- Keep promises and commitments made to others
- Make the tough calls
- Strive for Improvement and Innovation
- Ask if there is a simpler or more efficient way to do things
- Make suggestions
- Cultivate Success
- Have a “can-do” attitude and assume positive intent
- Help others succeed
- Applaud the efforts, reward the results, celebrate success
- Recognize that profitability is an essential component of success
Specialty’s Café & Bakery offers the quality of hand-made food with ultra-convenient online ordering that has won the hearts of busy professionals, meeting organizers, event planners and property managers. A family-run business, Specialty’s offers a relaxed dining environment that allows customers to remain connected to the digital world as they wish with free Wi-Fi, abundant power outlets.
Customers also love the ease and convenience of online ordering at Specialtys.com – leaving them with ample time to enjoy the food and ambiance. As part of its commitment to leveraging technology to improve convenience, Specialty’s provides a wide range of ordering tools on its website, www.specialtys.com. Users may create and save their own list of menu “favorites,” order and purchase items online for pickup at the café, submit business catering orders, and even track which famous Specialty’s cookies are hot out of the oven with their “Cookie Radar.” The in-store iPads also allow customers of specialtys.com to access their stored favorites and earn Specialty's Rewards with in-store purchases.
Along, with the delicious food, Specialty’s success is cultivated by our dedicated team. Passion for leadership, quality service and our products are what make us Specialty’s. With a work-life-balance, growth opportunities, competitive benefits, and a family-oriented team – there is a lot to love about a career with Specialty’s Café & Bakery!
Click the button below to see what fresh opportunities exist at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery.
Specialty's Cafe & Bakery Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Specialty's Cafe & BakeryDoesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEODoesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Not the best job or something to consider stay for a long time
Not the worst job either
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery.
They rarely hire managers directly, rather promote from within. I was hired as a manager directly, and here was the process that I went through; Day one - Open interviews at a select location. I sat down with HR, and had a great discussion with them about my values, skills, experience, and random personal achievements. I was told that I was a great candidate, and they would get back to me ASAP. Day 5 - Heard nothing back. I called HR, and left a voicemail. Day 10 - Heard nothing back, I sent one last email to HR. Day 15 - I received a email stating they had unfortunate situations happen, which is why they could not respond, but they were still interested. Day 30 - I had given up at this point, I get a call saying that I am hired. Summary, one interview and a month of waiting. The paperwork was straight forward, the same as any restaurant. 20 pages of "read and sign", confidentiality agreements, exc.
- There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all normal things for the restaurant industry. Answer Question
I applied for a general manager position, but I was offered an opening manager role. I accepted because I was excited to be in what I thought was a great company and my goal was to work my way up which I did. They offered me salary "X", and I counter offered 30% higher. They accepted the counter offer with no qualms.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –