How we're keepin' IT spicy on the daily.
Spiceworks isn't your run-of-the-mill software company. We work hard, but we know how to have one heck of a good time while doing it! Besides bragging rights of being one of Austin's Top Work Places, there are quite a few bonuses of being a full-time Spiceworker. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?
All the basic benefits…
- Full benefits package — including medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending account (FSA) and 401(k)
- Discounted gym membership — at Anytime Fitness (did we mention it's right next door?!)
- Cool office space — check out the tour right here!
- Free drinks and snacks — no need to squirrel away loose change for any vending machines — our kitchen cupboards are stocked daily!
…plus a healthy side of SpicePerks…
- Breakfast Taco Mondays — fighting the "mondays" one taco at a time. Potato, egg, and cheese, please!
- Espresso machine — who needs Starbucks for a mid-morning pick me up?!
- Food trucks for lunch — work here and you'll get everything from BBQ to quesadillas delivered right to your office doorstep. Now that's hospitality.
- CrossFit & yoga classes onsite — because after all those breakfast tacos, we gotta stay in shape somehow!
- Casual threads — no stuffy suits and ties around here… we like to keep it casual.
- Bagel Fridays — SpiceTip: get here early to snag the cinnamon ones before they're gone!
- Friday happy hour — work hard, play hard!
Every day IT pros and tech vendors use Spiceworks to do their jobs in a truly social way: IT pros manage their networks while interacting directly with other IT pros and tech vendors to decide what to buy. IT pros trust the people, info and brands they meet in Spiceworks. And find Spiceworks more convenient than having to visit multiple media or vendor websites.
Meanwhile, tech vendors connect with IT buyers where and when their tech offerings are most relevant. And get to build the relationships that buzz and new business are made of. Making it no surprise that Spiceworks is the most well loved vertical IT network among IT pros and marketers alike!. Here’s how we did it.
They went, they listened… they brought 'em coffee to boot! After in-person visits to often unsung IT pros in Austin, our co-founders had a vision: build an easy-to-use software app to simplify the lives of IT pros - kinda like an “iTunes for IT.” Oh, and make it free. After all, if it worked for Google in the consumer world, why not give it a go in the business world?
In 2006, when we asked IT pros what their favorite IT utility was. They gave us a blank stare (blink-blink)…then complained that IT products were painful to use and that most IT vendors were a bit "blah." Clearly, it was time for someone to spice IT up! We took that inspiration, combined it with our mission to deliver an app that "just works," threw in the notion of people working together to get their jobs done… and voilà – the name “Spiceworks” was born!
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Spiceworks full-timeRecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
I love the leadership at the company. This is the first place that I've ever worked where the culture is not forced but truly comes from folks who are passionate about what they do.
The company is growing fast, and experiencing all of the challenges that go with that. It's hard to maintain the feel of a small, agile company once you get to a certain size, but they really do seek to maintain that feel.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX).
Interview process is extremely thorough and lengthy, but Spiceworks genuinely cares about hiring people that are a good fit for their culture so it makes sense and is a large factor as to why this company is so awesome.
My interview consisted of the following:
-phone interview with HR
-phone interview with a member of the team
-2.5 hour in-person interview with 5 members of the team
-2.5 hour in-person interview with the founders
Interview was pretty difficult but I thought they did a great job at describing what the job entailed and were very open to questions. I also thought it was awesome that the founders interview each person that gets hired at this company. It's not often that you get to interview with the CEO at a company of this size.
The whole process took around a month to complete. I was presented my offer at the interview and accepted it that day. This company is great!
- What do you think your biggest challenge will be in this position? Answer Question
Over 6 million IT pros. 3,000 tech advertisers… all getting their jobs done in one place. What started in 2006 as “the free IT” revolution has turned into a way of life for many in the IT world. How? Spiceworks is the first place people go to share and find info on all-things-IT… so much so that some tech products are now even built in Spiceworks!
Mission: With 1 in 3 of the world’s IT pros, over 3,000 IT brands already in Spiceworks, and new tech products being born in Spiceworks each month… where do we go from here? We...