“Awesome company to work for - friendly environment, great corporate park, feel good industry, great benefits ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Summer Infant full-time for more than 5 yearsPros
• Great benefits - health, dental, optical, 401k, tuition reimbursement, fair management, vacation time
• Dedicated management who offer team bonding luncheons and who initiative team camaraderie
• Office culture is great - spirit days, cookouts, team get togethers, breakfast club, etc.
• Great location - the CVS corporate park is conducive to long runs or walks when the weather is nice and there are even pull-up/workout stations scattered along the way!
• We make products to delight babies and to help moms and families during their little one's first few years... it's a feel good industry!Cons
• The traffic getting out of the park in the evenings can be miserable, ESPECIALLY in the winter when snow falls
• In preparation for big meetings last minute requests are made which leads to exceptionally long hours and an unhealthy work-life balance
• Doesn't have a training program in place for most positionsAdvice to ManagementAdvice
• Would be great if attendance to outside events to supplement the everyday grind, would be offered to all departments
• Employees would be more content if more guidance/mentoring was offered from seniority to younger employees
• Continue with team building, town hall meetings, and keeping employees excited about designing more best in class products
• Stay dedicated to client & vendor relationships, deliver quality and best in class products to customers, deliver impeccable customer service and policies, and maintain the good business practices, integrity, value, work ethic, and dedication to the mission set in place by CEO Jason MacariRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Summer Infant makes products for infants and children that can be used in any season. Through its operating subsidiaries, Summer Infant develops and markets health and wellness products for children from birth to 3 years old under the Summer Infant name. Some of its products include booster seats, audio and video monitors, bed rails, safety gates, bedding, and durable bath items. It also licenses products under the Disney and Carter's brands. The company earns the majority of its revenue from the North American market, selling through retailers such as Toys "R" Us, Target...