We strive to be collaborative, unpretentious and driven to achieve our mission. We work hard but understand that time away from the office is critical to produce better results. The people who work here make this company a place you want to be. What's this all mean? Every time a new customer goes solar, everyone shakes maracas (the rattles cascade through our departments like trumpets of clean energy justice). The cheers of Wimbledon erupt from our ping pong table during bracket matches. And when you need assistance, have a question or want to bring a new idea to life, you're surrounded by people who want to help.
A Day in the Office
- Commute happily — Jack London Square is a 20-minute ferry ride from downtown San Francisco or a quick pop on BART
- Kayak at lunch during the summer
- Limber up with weekly yoga to relax and bootcamp to get your heart pumping
- Perfect your spin serves in ping pong and trick shots at pool
- Work on PCs or Macs and thrive in an intensely creative, supportive working environment
What Else We Provide:
- When you are our employee, we pay for your benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Well-stocked kitchen with regular deliveries of fresh produce and snacks
- Unlimited enthusiasm for orange fashion — wear your brightest and accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!
Sungevity specializes in the design, installation, financing, and maintenance of home solar systems and is proving that going solar is easy, a good investment, and a viable way to reduce carbon emissions.
Sungevity currently serves homeowners in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York.
Do you like sunshine? Does the color orange make you happy? Do you want to create a brighter future and make the world a better place? If you answered yes to any of the above, we’d love to meet you. When you work for Sungevity, you play an instrumental part in bringing affordable solar power to the people! Come join us and you could be part of this clean energy crusade.
Psst, we’re trying to save the world here
Do you want to be part of something that makes a difference? Our mission is to build the world's most energized network of customers who power their lives with sunshine. We all share this passion for solar as a critical component in addressing the environmental issues of our time. We take enormous pride in our unique offering in the solar industry and our customer satisfaction scores. We continuously strive to put the customer first by providing practical, simple, creative solar solutions that can take solar mainstream.
Our vision is to provide SFUN: Solar For Universal Need, and the people who make it happen are called Sfunsters (you could become one)! We believe that our Sfunsters are the key to making this organization successful - that's why we strive to present opportunities for skill development and career growth. We want you to be always learning and acheiving your goals.
Basic Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance*
Optional Life & AD&D
FSA (Cafeteria plans, Transit, Commuter, Medical, & Dependent Care)
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)*
Emergency Travel Assistance*
Identity Theft Protection Assistance*
Vacation, Holidays, Sick Days
*We pay 100% of our employee benefit costs
"Over in Jack London Square, a cluster of solar technology companies, led by Sungevity, have also found a place here. Sungevity employed about 40 workers when it moved in to its headquarters four years ago. Now, with more than $200 million in corporate equity, it has hired more than 400 people. The company sponsors the solar technology incubator SfunCube, which houses a dozen startups. As for the fear of not being able to attract developers or funding to Oakland? Unfounded, says Sungevity cofounder Danny Kennedy. “They can catch the ferry, be here in 20 minutes, and have their assumptions about Oakland smashed.” -San Francisco Magazine
- Featured Review
I have been working at Sungevity full-timeRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Great mission with co-founders and top-level management who truly care about the positive impact this company's making - Competitive salary, full benefits, positive culture, plus perks - Most managers are receptive to hearing what their direct reports have to say - If you're hard-working and smart, there's opportunity for advancement within the company as it grows - Lots of smart, friendly people who care about the work they're doing - Management is relatively transparent and strives to keep their employees updated on initiatives and company progress - The market potential of this industry is huge
- Some employees complain about the frequent changes, but this is a growth-stage company that requires iteration. If you're not comfortable rolling with the punches, this probably isn't the place for you. - There's a lot of silo-ing among teams/departments. People are more focused on getting things off of their desks, when they should be encouraged to think about how their actions (or lack thereof) impact other teams. It causes a lot of unnecessary double-work and inefficiency. More cross-departmental meetings/gatherings need to happen to keep people in the loop and make them comfortable enough to walk up to each other to discuss problems directly.
Advice to Management
- Keep hiring smart, passionate people - Help employees figure out what their best path for advancement is. I've heard several instances of HR discouraging employees from moving around, which is really shocking. The best companies retain talent by allowing smart people to grow their careers there. At the same time, don't keep people just for the sake of seniority if they're no longer contributing. - Do more to engage employees. Give them the opportunity to work on extra projects and contribute ideas. Otherwise, they're most likely going to get bored and disengage. In such a big company, roles are increasingly specialized and therefore monotonous. - Please get more software resources if possible
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO).
I was interviewed by a senior rsd over Skype and one other person in the room with me. Skype interviewer asked me basic questions. One interesting question was, "Would you rather be the best on the B team or the worst on the A team." Overall the interview went well even with the oddness of it being over Skype. I took a short test to see my skills with the computer at the end. Then was shown around the office.
- Where do you see yourself going in the future with this job? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Sungevity is one of the world’s leading and fastest growing residential solar companies. Our success tracks to three priorities. First, we are obsessed with customer service and are committed to making the happiest customers in our, or any, industry. Second, we are a technology-led business, well known for inventing Remote Solar Design, and leading the solar industry with ...
Mission: To build the most energized network of customers who power their lives with sunshine!