- Medical PPO Plans (HMO available for CA residents)
- Dental PPO Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
At Jack Henry & Associates (JHA), every employee plays an essential role in the success of our business. Our commitment to doing the right thing clearly extends to the various benefits that we make available to our employees and their families. We provide quality benefit programs that allow our employees to focus on maintaining a healthy balance between work and home.
When you are hired as a regular full-time Associate, you will have the opportunity to enroll in the programs which meet your needs. Most of our flexible benefit choices are effective after 30 days of employment. Below is a brief list of our benefits and some of the choices available to JHA employees.
Health and Wellness Programs
- JHA provides employee and family Medical Coverage through our Consumer HDHP, Value, and Premium PPO plans. The Consumer Plan is a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan and is available for the employee’s entire family, at no charge. The Premium and Value PPO plans require a pre-tax employee contribution. Employees in California also have an HMO option.
- Prescription Drug Coverage is a part of all medical plans. The employee is responsible for the full cost of each prescription under the Consumer Plan until the deductible is met.
- JHA also provides Dental and Vision plans for Associates and their families. These benefits are available with a pre-tax employee contribution as well.
- Additional Health and Wellness programs include: access to online personalized coverage information at any time, day or night; a toll-free customer service line, available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CST); online receipt of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) forms; 24-hour nurse-line; and much more.
Tax Savings Plans
JHA employees have the opportunity to save on their taxes through the use ofFlexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – The employee can elect to participate in this account, up to an annual maximum of $3,500. This money is then available as reimbursement for eligible medical expenses, in accordance with IRS guidelines.
- Dependent/Elder Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) –Associates who have eligible dependents can also participate in this account. A maximum of $5,000 can be contributed each year.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – This account is for use with the Consumer medical plan. The employee can elect to participate in this account, up to certain annual maximums depending on coverage level, and JHA also makes a contribution to the account each quarter. This money is then available as reimbursement for eligible medical expenses, in accordance with IRS guidelines.
- Short-term Disability – JHA provides partial salary continuation up to 90 calendar days for qualified medical leaves of absence.
- Long-term Disability – Employees who have completed 30 consecutive days of service are eligible for our long-term disability program. Sixty percent of the individual’s salary will be paid, beginning on the 91st day and continuing for the length of the approved disability.
Survivor Protection Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D – Each Associate has life insurance in the amount of twice his or her annual salary. In addition, twice the annual salary is available as Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance.
- Spouse and Child(ren) Basic Life Insurance – Provided to each employee at no cost. This coverage provides $5,000 in life insurance for the spouse and $2,500 for each child.
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Employees can choose to buy additional life insurance to supplement the insurance provided by the company at their own cost. Supplemental life insurance can also be purchased for the spouse and/or dependents.
Paid Time Off
- Associates begin accruing Paid Time Off (PTO) on their first day with JHA. Full-time employees accrue up to nineteen (19) days of PTO and part-time employees accrue up to nine point five (9.5) days of PTO each plan year. You can begin taking PTO following 30 days of employment and can use your PTO for vacation, illness, or personal reasons.
- California employees accrue PTO (vacation/personal reasons) at a similar rate as shown above and also have up to five sick days per year.
- JHA recognizes nine (9) company-paid holidays per year.
In addition, JHA offers leave programs for:
- Jury Duty
- Personal Reasons
- Military Service
- Retirement Savings Plan – Jack Henry has a 401(k) program, with a generous match and immediate 100% vesting of employee and employer contributions. Employees may participate after 30 days of employment and the employer match begins after six (6) months of employment.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – After one year of employment, Associates are eligible to purchase JKHY stock at a discounted rate through payroll deductions.
- Educational Assistance Plan – JHA will reimburse Associates who wish to continue their formal education, up to the current specified annual limit. Courses must be in pursuit of a degree program at an accredited educational institution.
- Continuing Education – Jack Henry has an extensive list of classes both in-classroom and online which are available to Associates.
- In addition to those programs outlined above, Jack Henry & Associates is pleased to offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Adoption Assistance Program, a casual dress code and work environment and, for certain positions, the ability to participate in various Flexible Work Arrangement options.
Complete details regarding all JHA benefits will be provided to you during your New Employee Orientation.
Symitar is committed to creating an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Real inclusion means every employee has the chance to learn and grow and the chance to take advantage of opportunities within the organization regardless of differences based on ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, and sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Symitar embraces diversity by also recognizing other characteristics such as an employee’s tenure withSymitar, geographic location, educational background, and whether an individual joined Symitar independently or through an acquisition.
Our approach to diversity encourages individuals to make contributions that reflect their unique perspectives while still fitting into the larger culture of our company. We believe our approach enriches our performance and products, the lives of our employees, the communities we touch, and our competitive advantage.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Symitar – A Jack Henry Company full-time for more than 5 yearsPros
Company has high values with strong, highly dedicated employees. There is a great mix of people with varying lengths of employment and experiences. By-an-large senior management is solid.Cons
There are a few (micromanaging) senior managers who suffer from a lack of vision and planning.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Listen to the employees and use their knowledge and experienceRecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Symitar – A Jack Henry Company in December 2010.Interview Details
Don't be put out because they require you to take a test. I flunked it twice and they still hire me. The questions on the test has no relevancy to the job position I was seeking.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
- There were two positions offered when I went to the interview. It was difficult to chose because I didn't know the basic requirements for the positions, only that they were similar which I later found out it wasn't. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Symitar provides financial, information, and network management software for credit unions. A business unit of banking and credit union software maker Jack Henry since 2000, Symitar boasts hundreds of credit union customers in the US and other countries. Founded in 1984, the unit's credit union processing applications (marketed under the names Episys and Cruise) help tellers access customer account information, handle accounting operations, manage loan applications and collections, and enable online services.