High Impact & High Growth
During the last year, to stay ahead of our competitors, to better serve our clients, and to position the company for faster growth and future success, Synygy successfully executed a once-in-a-decade strategic transformation.
The changes we undertook included:
1. the launch of a new category of solution called “Sales Performance Management (SPM) as a Service” that Synygy uniquely offers as an alternative to SPM software as a service;
2. increased industry specialization, with a focus on insurance, banking, financial services, telecommunications, life sciences, and several other industries with high numbers of salespeople;
3. a new consultant profile that requires a higher level of education and more business consulting experience (rather than software implementation experience);
4. a new salesperson profile who is able to work collaboratively with consultants to sell ongoing client relationships (rather than transactional software deals); and
5. fresh, outside perspective in general (including everything from key leadership roles to support functions).
With Synygy’s strategic transformation behind us—and an accelerating pace of new committed business before us—there are many great reasons to join Synygy (or to rejoin Synygy, as over a dozen people have done recently):
1. Synygy is a leader in the untapped multi-billion-dollar market for sales performance management services.
2. Synygy is riding the underlying waves of “expertise as a service," "business process as a service," and "software as a service"--all combined into one solution.
3. Synygy consistently gets high praise for hiring smart people and providing a supportive team environment.
4. Synygy gives people at all levels the opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of our company and our "Global 2000" clients.
5. Synygy's rapid business growth provides many opportunities for learning and career advancement.
These reasons illustrate why Synygy is a great place to experience personal and professional growth. If you have experience in sales compensation, sales operations, or sales performance management—especially in our target industries (see the Industries tab)—now's a great time to join (or rejoin) Synygy!
Founded in 1991, Synygy has gone on a wildly fun and exciting journey over the years:
- from its origins in Analytical Process Outsourcing (APO) with the creation of data-based coaching for individual salespeople,
- to pioneering the market for Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software and outsourcing services,
- to being one of the top two leaders in the Sales Performance Management (SPM) space, and
- most recently, to creating the innovative, outcomes-rich, agile approach to SPM called "Sales Performance Management as a Service."
Today, Synygy is focused once again on its roots as a professional services firm—with a mission to help our clients transform the way that they manage sales and sales operations—by providing them with agility, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Synygy’s USA headquarters is in a converted power plant along the Delaware River that was last used to generate electricity in 1980 and then laid abandoned for decades. Located in an economic development zone, the site was environmentally contaminated and the once grand, Beaux Arts style building was slated for the wrecking ball.
Synygy’s visionary founder, Mark Stiffler, had a different idea: “We’re moving to an abandoned power plant! Look past the neglected houses. There will be a highway there. Look past the rusted, old machinery. It will be recycled. Look past the dirt and grime. Don’t you see the beautiful architecture? Don’t you see the amazing river views? Don’t you see how it can be transformed?”
The historic Chester Power Station was built in 1917 at a time when electricity was innovative and yet came with a level of fear and uncertainty over its ability to transform businesses that were reliably using coal to power their factories. The building’s architecture is along the lines of how banks were designed at the time--with a style that exuded trust and confidence.
The transformation of the building from a power plant to an office and data center is a symbol of the kinds of transformations that we help our clients through—from achieving less than their potential to being able to rapidly and efficiently adapt to change.
Synygy has created agile sales and channel organizations for hundreds of the world's largest companies across a variety of industries.
We are especially looking for people who have knowledge about sales and sales operations in the following industries.
Opportunities for Your Success
Synygy is looking for the best of the best to help us solve complex sales performance management challenges for our global clients.
Is This You?
Is This What You Are Looking For?
Is This What You Have?
Learn more about specific career opportunities here.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Synygy full-time (more than 10 years)
Flexibility - I have never had an issue with managing work/life integration - including working remote, last minute time off requests, FMLA extensions, etc.
Culture - Incredibly smart colleagues and younger professional services department. The company invests in events and other programs to create a collaborative, fun environment.
Personal Growth - Your career is what you make of it. You will have to work hard for your own success, but you will be recognized for your accomplishments.
Salary - I have always been treated fairly and my requests are usually met. Management is certainly open to negotiation.
Benefits - Especially if you have a family, this is one area that needs some rework. Too much money spent out of pocket on medical costs.
Location/Environment - Not much in the area, so it makes it nearly impossible to run errands during work hours. Work space (furniture, equipment, etc.) needs an update.
Decision Making - Your influence only goes so far. Every decision about pricing needs to be approved by executive leadership.
Resource Management - The company is constantly understaffed, so the people in higher level positions are doing work many levels below to cover for shortages. Burnout happens too easily and the value add of higher level positions is diminished, which stunts internal innovation and growth.
Advice to Management
Do more to recognize employees publicly and foster a more positive working environment through leading by example. Constantly bring in new employees to prevent burnout, create a buffer for normal turnover, and give people more opportunities for advancement. Listen to our customers and our employees requests and honor them when they make sense. Last but not least, revamp the benefits package!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Synygy.
Phone interview was pleasant and predictable (confirming career experience, etc.). Was very shocked by the logic/math/general knowledge assessment. They only allowed 25 minutes to complete. I have been out of the college atmosphere since 1998, could not remember some of the math logic. I probably scored poorly - did not get invited to the next round. Still concerned that if that is a major factor in their assessment for sales and business development, they are missing out on a wealth of talented sales and bus dev professionals.
- it was an algebraic word problem (how will this type of skill lead to success in sales or business development?) Definitely needed for engineering but for sales, no! Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Synygy is a global provider of a new category of solution called Sales Performance Management as a Service (SPMaaS), which makes managing change a simple and routine part of sales and sales operations.
Having transitioned a decade ago from being a provider of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services for managing sales compensation to being a well-respected Software as...
Mission: Synygy's mission is to be the largest worldwide provider of experts in Sales Performance Management (SPM).
Synygy is rapidly ramping up its professional services...