High Impact & High Growth
The year 2015 started out with a solid bang--with Synygy having successfully execute a once-in-a-decade strategic transformation over the past two years as the merging forces of cloud technology and the "as a service" economy came together to create a new category of solution called Sales Operations as a Service to address the $1 trillion, untapped market for improving sales force effectiveness and sales operations efficiency.
The changes we undertook included:
1. the launch of the new category of solution for managing sales operations, which Synygy uniquely offers as an alternative to Sales Performance Management (SPM) software as a service;
2. increased industry specialization, with a focus on insurance, banking, financial services, telecommunications, life sciences, and several other industries with high numbers of salespeople;
3. a new consultant profile that requires a higher level of education and more business consulting experience (rather than software implementation experience);
4. a new salesperson profile who is able to work collaboratively with consultants to sell ongoing client relationships (rather than transactional software deals); and
5. fresh, outside perspective in general (including everything from key leadership roles to support functions).
Our Q1 2015 results speak for themselves at the the successful execution of the strategy, with subscription revenue now making up 81% of total revenue and subscription revenue, typically paid by clients annually in advance, growing every quarter for eight quarters and growing 19% over the prior year--with subscription revenue growth forecast to accelerate to double that rate over the next couple of quarters.
Also in Q1, seven former employees, all with greater than two years of experience, rejoined the company, recognizing the tremendous opportunity before us and appreciating the unique culture and employee experience that Synygy has created for its peoplel
With Synygy’s strategic transformation behind us—and an accelerating pace of new committed business before us—there are many great reasons to join Synygy (or to rejoin Synygy, as over a dozen people have done recently):
1. Synygy is a leader in the untapped trillion-dollar market for sales operations and sales performance management services.
2. Synygy is riding the underlying waves of “expertise as a service," "business process as a service," and "software as a service"--all combined into one solution.
3. Synygy consistently gets high praise for hiring smart people and providing a supportive team environment.
4. Synygy gives people at all levels the opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of our company and our "Global 2000" clients.
5. Synygy's rapid business growth provides many opportunities for learning and career advancement.
These reasons illustrate why Synygy is a great place to experience personal and professional growth. If you have experience in sales compensation, sales operations, or sales performance management—especially in our target industries (see the Industries tab)—now's a great time to join (or rejoin) Synygy!
Founded in 1991, Synygy has gone on a wildly fun and exciting journey over the years:
- from its origins in Analytical Process Outsourcing (APO) with the creation of data-based coaching for individual salespeople,
- to pioneering the market for Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software and outsourcing services,
- to being one of the top two leaders in the Sales Performance Management (SPM) space, and
- most recently, to creating the innovative, outcomes-rich, agile approach to sales and sales operations performnae called "Sales Operations as a Service."
Today, Synygy is focused once again on its roots as a professional services firm—with a mission to help our clients transform the way that they manage sales and sales operations—by providing them with agility, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Synygy’s USA headquarters is in a converted power plant along the Delaware River that was last used to generate electricity in 1980 and then laid abandoned for decades. Located in an economic development zone, the site was environmentally contaminated and the once grand, Beaux Arts style building was slated for the wrecking ball.
Synygy’s visionary founder, Mark Stiffler, had a different idea: “We’re moving to an abandoned power plant! Look past the neglected houses. There will be a highway there. Look past the rusted, old machinery. It will be recycled. Look past the dirt and grime. Don’t you see the beautiful architecture? Don’t you see the amazing river views? Don’t you see how it can be transformed?”
The historic Chester Power Station was built in 1917 at a time when electricity was innovative and yet came with a level of fear and uncertainty over its ability to transform businesses that were reliably using coal to power their factories. The building’s architecture is along the lines of how banks were designed at the time--with a style that exuded trust and confidence.
The transformation of the building from a power plant to an office and data center is a symbol of the kinds of transformations that we help our clients through—from achieving less than their potential to being able to rapidly and efficiently adapt to change.
Synygy has created agile sales and channel organizations for hundreds of the world's largest companies across a variety of industries.
We are especially looking for people who have knowledge about sales and sales operations in the following industries.
Opportunities for Your Success
Synygy is looking for the best of the best to help us solve complex sales performance management challenges for our global clients.
Is This You?
Is This What You Are Looking For?
Is This What You Have?
Learn more about specific career opportunities here.
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Synygy full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
One of the biggest pros to working at Synygy is the ability to be creative and navigate your own path to success. You can really define your career if you work hard AND work smart. In addition, the flexibility is priceless. One other thing you don't find at many other jobs, FUN! The company provides many fun outlets and promotes having a good time. This is not something I have experienced anywhere else.
Work Life balance is tough but I haven't found a place where it isn't. Leadership (Upper level management) isn't always on the same page and is very inconsistent. The only constant is change (although this can be a pro if done right). The PA location is not ideal.
Advice to Management
Leave the creative freedom to below the VP level. People need leadership that have a defined path and some structure. The organic growth should be left to below the VP level - this allows for people to feel like they are bigger contributors with their own ideas and, in turn, creates a positive atmosphere. Don't stop the fun - it is the one thing that has remained consistent through all of the other change. It really helps deal with some of the pressures we experience every day. More everyday recognition by upper mgmt would be nice - we do peer to peer recognition well - you can copy us :)
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a week – interviewed at Synygy in May 2015.
The interview process started with a phone screening, which consisted of questions about current employment and what you look for in a work place and why you were interested in the company. Seemed to be a basic HR screening process and to see how well you could articulate your thoughts. The second part was a two-part online assessment testing analytic skills and general knowledge. The general knowledge test was relatively easy: 50 SAT style questions in 25 minutes. The analytic test was more difficult; it required you to analyze data and come up with solutions. The content was not that hard, but to do the 10 questions in 1 hr made it tough.
- If you had to add a location column to an SQL database master list, how would you go about doing so? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Synygy is a global provider of a new category of solution called Sales Operations as a Service (SOaaS), which makes managing change a simple and routine part of sales and sales operations. Having transitioned a decade ago from being a provider of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services for managing sales compensation to being a well-respected Software as a Service ...
Mission: Synygy's mission is to be the largest global provider of experts in the management of sales operations, a new $1 trillion, untapped market. Synygy is rapidly ramping up its staff. We are looking for the best of the best--people who are smart, accomplished, and optimistic--to help us solve complex sales ops challenges for our global clients. If you want to work with other smart people, have a direct impact on the success of our company and our clients, and experience rapid growth, check us out.