Tapjoy is a exciting and innovative global company that is changing the mobile landscape through cutting-edge and dynamic products.
Tapjoy's mobile performance-based advertising platform drives deep engagement and monetization opportunities for app publishers, while delivering valuable, engaged consumers to some of the world’s biggest brand advertisers. Tapjoy has a reach of more than 430MM (July, 2013) mobile users each month and its “Mobile Value Exchange” model allows users to receive premium content in exchange for their engagement with advertisements. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Atlanta, Boston, Paris, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
So, how do we do it?
At Tapjoy, we value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems – and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this. We try not to take ourselves too seriously and foster a culture of openness and collaboration. We’re a competitive and passionate bunch, which you can see reflected in everything from our ad products to our beer pong tournaments.
- Tapjoy is the leader of an exciting new branch of advertising, mobile performance marketing, which focuses on driving app discovery, engagement and monetization via incentivized ads
- Tapjoy currently completes 700K transactions per day and is growing exponentially
- Our SDK is currently utilized by 20,000 iOS, Android, and Windows Phone applications, spanning 500MM+ unique devices
- Both publisher and advertiser applications generate significant data and the Tapjoy system currently averages 5,000 requests per second
- We are well-funded ($70M raised to date), profitable and expanding as we grow out our San Francisco headquarters and expand our New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, London, and Tokyo offices
It’s an exciting job with awesome perks, in the fastest and largest growing industry in the world.
- Competitive compensation package include generous bonus and equity grants
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits, gym subsidy, cell phone subsidy and 401(k) plan
- A downtown San Francisco office, easily accessible by public transit
- Work on the latest MacBook Pro/Airs and iOS/Android/WP7 devices and tablets
The mobile app space is a huge opportunity and will only continue to grow. We’ve done well so far and we clearly know where we need to go – and now we need your help to get there!
Bottom Line: If you’re a fun, hardworking person interested in joining the best team in mobile, apply!
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Tapjoy full-time (more than an year)Pros
* The engineering problems are challenging, complex, exciting, and a great learning opportunity.
* The culture is phenomenal, and your co-workers across every organization are great to work with.
* Never a dull moment.Cons
It's not a 10 person company anymore, and there is baggage that comes with that.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Focus on retaining most valuable employees, as the rest of the engineering organization is likely to stay with them through the long-haul.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Tapjoy.Interview Details
Contacted over LinkedIn by Armada, great communication from them throughout. Had an initial phone screening which was pretty basic with slight technical questions, nothing to detailed. Was invited for an on-site shortly after. The on-site was half-day with a couple different groups of folks, ending with a "white-board talk" I lead for 25 minutes with Q & A. Overall pretty standard interview questions, some fun ones mixed in. Great people, friendly and professional, everyone was very open about the solutions to problems. Was contacted shortly after with positive feedback and a follow up phone discussion. Overall a great interview experience!Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Something like "Provide an example of something in technology you believe, follow or adhere to that generally people would disagree with" Answer Question
Tapjoy is a mobile advertising and monetization platform whose Mobile Value Exchange® model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual rewards or premium content. Tapjoy empowers users on more than 1 billion devices to watch videos, subscribe to services, install applications and participate in other types of advertisements in exchange for virtual rewards they can use in their favorite apps. Tapjoy’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers to cost-effectively acquire high-value new users and monetize their applications...