Find a career you love.
Teradata helps companies get more value from data than any other company. Our big data analytic solutions, integrated marketing applications, and team of experts help companies leverage all their data so they can know more about their customers and business and do more of what’s really important.
Founded in a Brentwood, California garage in 1979, Teradata now has more than 10,000+ professionals in 43 countries and an annual revenue of $2.7 billion (USD, 2013). Teradata serves more than 2,500 customers, including the top companies across all major industries.
Do you share the same passion for data innovation, big data analytics, smart marketing tools, and the pursuit of the ‘next big idea’? If so, then find out more about Teradata and the many career opportunities available.
More and more companies harness data analytics and business intelligence (BI) to drive their strategic planning and operations, those leveraging marketing applications are particularly posed to compete effectively. In fact, technology based marketing analytics tools have become widely used across most industry segments. Whether B2B or B2C, automated marketing and customer analytics, as well as technology based marketing performance management toolsets are now core components in the marketing team’s arsenal at customer driven companies.
Teradata has extended their leadership position and momentum in the BI and data analytics space into the marketing analytics and marketing performance management functional verticals. Teradata’s best-in-class marketing applications help clients mobilize all of their business intelligence (BI) by pushing detailed and historical data and advanced analytics to front-line decision makers. These decisions makers can then leverage that information to strategically target and maximize their offerings in their respective markets, thus improving decision making at every level of the prospect and customer lifecycle.
Locations: Indianapolis, IN, Raleigh, NC, San Diego, CA, Munich, Germany and Manila, Philippines
Teradata Labs is the innovation engine which has helped Teradata become the global leader in data warehousing, big data analytics and marketing applications. The team works with customers, alliance partners, industry analysts and academic researchers to understand the market and refine Teradata’ technology vision. The execution of the vision empowers the world’s leading organizations to create a sustainable competitive advantage from data and analytics.
Be part of the future of Teradata Labs… We are looking for talented individuals experienced in Unix/Linux, Windows, XML, Java, C/C++, ODBC, JDBC, Shell, BASH, Perl, or Python, puppet and chef, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Maven, Version Control (ClearCase, Git, SVN), Cloud Computing, MapReduce, Hadoop, SQL (DBA or DBMS development), Teradata & other databases (Oracle), database internals, parallel & query processing and various testing techniques & test automation.
Locations: San Diego, Los Angeles & San Carlos, CA, Boston, MA, Austin, TX, Toronto, Canada, Hyderabad, India and Beijing, China
Opportunity for Growth
- We are in a technology space that is growing. Growth= more opportunities for promotion, leadership, and dynamic organization.
- We work with the latest technologies. We use the latest methods (Agile). We are exposed to many, many other technologies as part of our applications stack. You WILL learn the most advanced software tools because we need them to build killer software.
- Many, many people in our company have had multiple roles in the company. We foster and encourage growth in order to build new skills and keep people aligned to their career passion.
- We invest a large percentage of our revenues back into R&D. This is the financial engine that allows us to grow.
- We offer career opportunities in a variety of locations as well as virtual work arrangements.
- We serve over 1000 of the global 2000 companies. We take care of our customers; they are the life-blood of our economic engine.
- Stability. We have run the company profitably since our inception.
- Everyone has a piece of the action. Every employee is eligible for Annual Incentive Program (AIP).
- We ARE a technology company—as a technologist, you are the business. There is no higher pinnacle to aspire to as a technology professional than to be the one who drives the $.
- Our software is used by more than 150,000 users around the world.
- We support and recruit from our local universities (for those that have allegiance to local universities).
- We pride ourselves on being passionate.
- Core values- we do put focus on trying to achieve work/life balance. We work hard but also take the time to have fun, raise families, or engage in activities outside of the workplace.
- Employees receive 1 day each quarter to offer their time, skills or financial support to a cause of their choice.
- Casual dress is cool.
- Flexible work hours.
What does it mean to join Teradata?
At Teradata, we encourage our associates to design a benefits package that is ideally suited to their personal needs, whether they are new graduates looking for their first job or seasoned veterans looking toward retirement. Our comprehensive package includes:
Base Salary – Our competitive base salary is commensurate with our associates’ individual experience and unique capabilities.
Allowances – We offer associates the opportunity to supplement salary through additional pay elements that are either standard or discretionary.
Annual Incentives – We reward excellence! Monetary incentives recognize outstanding performance.
Recognition and Bonus – Our strong sense of teamwork doesn’t take away from our recognition of individual contributions. Monetary and non-monetary rewards are part of our corporate culture.
Health and Welfare – Our competitive medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans help our associates focus on their family’s wellness.
Retirement – Our associates can face the future with confidence by taking part in our benefit plans, including 401(k).
Flexible Work Hours – We recognize the importance of balancing life and work. In addition to vacations, holidays, and leaves of absence Teradata provides virtual office, telecommuting, and reduced work hours to support work/life balance.
Career Development – We encourage and support employee participation in programs, other projects or assignments that help them stretch to new levels of performance and advance their career.
(Not all components are available in all countries or to all roles. More specific information about the programs offered is made available to applicants during the interview process.)
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Teradata full-time (more than 10 years)Pros
Great work/family balance. Nice employees and management in MOST departments within organization.Cons
Need better annaual pay raisesRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Teradata.Interview Details
3 Rounds of interview. 1st was video, 2nd was phone, 3 was in person. Lots of behavioral questions and some technical. Know your SQL and Relational Database Concepts. A lot of the selection process is based off resume and degree. This was for the University New Hire Program.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI offered. They countered. I negotiated for the middle. Over the phone pretty standard.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Be prepared to answer behavioral questions on the first round. Nothing really difficult, just standard (strengths and weaknesses) Answer Question
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services.
Teradata has more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries and we are keenly focused on helping our more than 2,500 customers drive value from data. Our team includes the brightest minds in the industry … driven by unmatched enthusiasm and commitment to...
Mission: We help organizations know more so they can do more of what’s really important.