- Terex update4 days ago
A team of 6 female engineers created the following video as part of an outreach effort to school aged children. The project was intended to be delivered in a 3rd and 5th grade classroom to educate students and teachers on manufacturing and engineering as desirable career paths. Well done Danielle Birklid, Amalija Kopac, Maryam Agahi, Leah Ralph, Wenting Guo and Kyle Yates! Check out the video here http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfTL
- Terex update26 days ago
This year Terex Corporation was recognized as a 2015 Healthy Workplace Honoree for demonstrating commitment to health and wellness. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfHo Just one of the many great reasons to work at Terex! To search for job openings at one of our global locations visit http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfHZ
It’s a simple question with many great answers, including:
- Small company “feel,” global opportunities
- Passion for improving the lives of people throughout the world
- Dedication to building roads, bridges, schools, hospitals
- Committed to Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Courage, Servant Leadership & Citizenship
- Participants in making our world a better place
- Low bureaucracy; high creativity
- Laser-focus on safety
- Opportunity to be your best…
Welcome! Bienvenue ! Willkommen!
Diversity is about all of us, not just some of us. At Terex, our goal is to have a diverse, global workforce in an inclusive workplace that unleashes the talents of all team members.
This is not just a “nice thing to do,” it’s a business imperative. By fully engaging our team members in “the Terex discussion,” we will all benefit from a broader spectrum of ideas and solutions that will satisfy our customers and lead to the achievement of our business goals.
Our diversity and inclusion focus is in three specific areas:
Our Workforce: To increase and retain the demographic and skill diversity of our global workforce at all levels, with an emphasis on women and non-majorities in senior management
Our Workplace: To create an environment where our team members can reach their full potential in support of Terex goals
The Marketplace: To operate effectively with diverse customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve around the world.
By encouraging and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace, Terex will be the best place to work in our industry.
Chairman and CEO, Terex Corporation
Our Values - The Terex Way
A Message From Ron DeFeo:
There are six values that make up the Terex Way: Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Servant Leadership, Courage and Citizenship. While each of these is fairly easy to understand, I do believe that a brief explanation is appropriate to put them into context:
- Integrity: We never sacrifice integrity for profit. We are transparent in all our business dealings. We are accountable to our team members, customers and shareholders for achieving our goals while protecting our reputation and assets.
- Respect: We provide a safe and healthy environment for our team members. We treat all people with dignity and respect. We value the differences in people’s thinking, backgrounds and cultures. We are committed to team member development.
- Improvement: We continuously search for new and better ways of doing things, eliminating waste and continually improving. We challenge the status quo and require stretch goals. We work in teams across boundaries to achieve common goals.
- Servant Leadership: We work to serve the needs of our customers, investors and team members. We nurture a culture of “chain of support” versus “chain of command.” We ask what we can do to help.
- Courage: We have the personal and professional courage to do the right thing and take risks that may cause us to win as well as to fail periodically. We make decisions and take action. We don’t admonish failure, only failure to learn.
- Citizenship: We’re good global, local and national citizens. We’re good stewards of the environment and the communities where we live. We participate in making the world we live in a better place.
In my view, if we live the values articulated above we will have tremendous success with our customers, suppliers, and eventually our investors. Our fellow team members will be the highest performing in our industry and we will be able to attract the best talent to continue our journey. This is the company Terex can be in the future.
Every company needs a compass to guide activities. The Terex Way provides that compass.
Ron DeFeo, Chairman and CEO, Terex Corporation
Internships & Co-Ops
Developing potential future Terex team members
Real work, real challenges. We know this is what you want most from your work experiences during your years as college/university students. And you will get it at Terex. We seek students who have both technical aptitude and leadership potential. What’s more, we look for people who embrace our six Terex Way Values – Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Servant Leadership, Courage and Citizenship. We believe when your personal values and those of the company align, job performance and job satisfaction will follow.
- Featured Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Terex full-timePros
Company where you have an opportunity to make a difference. Very global so can interact with many different cultures. Down to earth environment focused on results, but still caring about people. Value-based approach; leaders with great integrity.Cons
Need to be prepared for cyclical nature of the business.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Keep on exhibiting the Terex Way values and we'll do fine!RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Terex in February 2015.Interview Details
The process was probably the most efficient I've ever seen from a major corporation. It lasted 3 weeks from speaking with recruiter to interviewing in Westport, CT and accepting job. All the staff members involved were very very professional and classy! Awesome experience.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Why should we hire you? View Answer
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer of a broad range of equipment that is focused on delivering reliable, customer-driven solutions for many applications, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility and manufacturing industries. Terex has five business segments: Aerial Work Platforms...
Mission: Our purpose is to help improve the lives of people around the world.