The Distinctive Edge, beats the competition by the strength of our people and the corporations we represent. No one can match our professionalism, integrity, and commitment.
Our people deliver outstanding service to our customers as well as participate in a comprehensive training program in sales, business, and management. We believe that we can only achieve our company goals if the individuals that work with us have the same opportunity. We want to see our people succeed in every area of their lives, and we strive to help in any way we can.
In order to keep up with our growing list of clients we too must grow. However, we know that quality over quantity is vital to this growth. We know that our management candidates need to be trained to expand our organization and further our client relationships, as well as being extremely skilled in the fields of management, training, and outsourced direct marketing.
But rather than looking outside of the company for a strong management staff we have found a different solution. At The Distinctive Edge, we train the management staff ourselves from the ground up. Each and every one of our managers started in an entry-level position inside the company, learning our business from the inside out as they climbed the ladder and became more effective managers and senior level executives.
Why choose us?
The Distinctive Edge isn’t just a business that supports its employees and clients, we also give back to the community. We’ve been actively involved with efforts to better the surrounding community since our opening in Baltimore in 2005, and we work closely with both regional and national charity or service organizations regularly.
- The Distinctive Edge, Inc. understands what it means to help the community: We’ll make every effort we can to ensure that this dedication will continue in the future. We are currently partnering with Operation Smile to raise money to fund surgeries for children born with cleft lips or other palate deformities.
- The Distinctive Edge believes in helping to improve regional water quality and preserving the characteristics that make the Chesapeake Bay unique: Each year we go to a location along the rivers that connect to the bay and plant trees. Trees are crucial to the overall health of the watershed—they slow down runoff and the erosion of soil, which contains sediment, and they absorb the nutrients that are the main cause of pollutants in the Bay. Trees and forests also provide habitat for wildlife and help to cool stream temperatures.
- Every holiday season The Distinctive Edge invests time in Our Daily Bread: Working in the soup kitchen and serving food to those less fortunate; we also extend our help to those in need by holding a canned food drive at least three times a year.
At The Distinctive Edge we believe in creating a culture of success and winning. We believe that having a culture of development, where people learn and grow every day, is key for our expansion both personally and professionally. We believe that generating impressive results for our clients is essential.
We believe that from top to bottom having a culture that values character and integrity is the cornerstone of our business. We also believe that none of that conflicts with our culture of having a fun.
“Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?” – Steve Jobs
This position is set up as a management training program at The Distinctive Edge, Inc. Once a candidate has successfully learned the sales/marketing techniques in training, we begin to train them for management.
While learning the sales techniques, employees are expected to:
• Meet with customers on a daily basis to discuss their needs for several clients – including telecom, office supplies, and water
• Learn and master sales techniques
• Learn and master how to maintain a client base and client relationships
• Attend meetings for product knowledge and new resources
• Train new employees
• Oversee a small – large crew of people
• Develop generated reports to show profits on a daily basis
• Recruiting and Interviewing process
• Participate in training and daily meetings
Management training has begun at this point and we are going to dive in and teach you all of the aspects of business – the learning process never stops:
• Learn financial aspects of business
• Operations, and customer services in a face-paced environment
• Begin dealing with clients as a liaison
• Human Resources
• Data entry
• Continue growth on all aspects previously learned
The Distinctive Edge has Fall and Summer internships available.
The The Distinctive Edge internship is a twelve week program dedicated to helping students to succeed in the marketing world. Not only do they help with office responsibilities, but they also learn how to run a successful sales team from the ground up. As part of the office team they help to run efficient and energizing morning meetings, they work at connecting individuals within the office, and develop profit reports so that the team at The Distinctive Edge knows exactly what is and what is not working.
Unlike other internships, interns at The Distinctive Edge actively become part of the team and are introduced to quite a bit of responsibility. They help to train new people, lead meetings, and help conduct interviews. Each student is expected to develop personal and professional goals and the team at The Distinctive Edge works diligently to help them obtain those goals.The skills that these students learn provide more than just school credit. They will learn to create stronger relationships, how to succeed in business, and learn sales techniques that will work in any field- whether they are selling a product or just themselves to an employer or client.
Some reviews from one intern about the The Distinctive Edge Inc. program include:
“I have become much more confident and am a much better public speaker.”
“I met a lot of great people.”
“I will use the skills I learned to create more friendships and build stronger relationships with the friends I have.”
The Distinctive Edge Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at The Distinctive Edge full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
- The people support each other and truly care about each others growth
-There is a great opportunity to learn and grow
-Formal Training for your career
-The environment is fun and motivational
-Commission Pay, there is no limit to how much you can make. As long as you work hard you will do wellCons
- Longer hours, but the day goes by fast and you don't even notice.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Distinctive Edge.Interview Details
Got an email about an interview very fast.
1st interview is basically manager explaining the position and answering questions. 15-25 mins
2nd interview is with team leaders. Typical behavioral questionsReasons for Declining
weird requirements in the contractDeclined OfferEasy Interview
The Distinctive Edge is a marketing firm located in Timonium, MD. We are the leader in new customer acquisitions and customer retention.
At The Distinctive Edge we believe in creating a culture of success and winning. We believe that generating impressive results for our clients is essential. The Distinctive Edge also believes in having a culture that values character...
Mission: At The Distinctive Edge we believe in WOWing our clients, providing quality service to our customers and opportunity for our team.
WOWing our clients means...