PROVIDENT BANK: ABOUT US
ESTABLISHED IN 1839, PROVIDENT BANK HAS A STRONG HISTORY OF SERVICE AND STABILITY.
At Provident Bank, our promise is "Commitment you can count on." We believe in fulfilling this promise in all aspects of our customer interactions, banking services and product offerings.
Commitment has been our driving force since the bank was founded in 1839. To meet the changing needs of current and future generations, Provident is continuing our promise of Commitment while delivering consistent quality experiences and providing options and banking solutions that meet your needs.
As we expanded, our capabilities grew to rival larger regional and national banks. However, our advantage over those larger banks is that we have also maintained our customer commitment to providing personal service.
We serve individual and commercial customers with a wide scope of products and services. From personal checking to commercial loans, each account comes with individual attention from a Provident banker.
The Provident Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Provident Financial Services, Inc. (NYSE:PFS). Provident serves its customers through an extensive network of more than 80 branches throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania and telephone and online banking systems.
OUR HISTORY AND COMMITMENT
THE PROVIDENT BANK - GROWING WITH OUR CUSTOMERS
At Provident Bank, commitment has been our promise since the bank was founded in 1839. We know people have different financial goals and needs at different times in their lives. For eight generations, we've listened to the people of New Jersey, learning what they're looking for so we can provide products and services that make sense.
Few banks in the United States, can look back on a heritage as long and rich as Provident Bank.
- In the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, many immigrants came to America in search of a better life and settled in Jersey City, "America's Golden Door." Provident was there to serve the financial needs of these new citizens and to help them get started in their new country. Provident's founders pledged to invest its depositors' money prudently for mutual and equal benefit, and both the bank and its customers flourished. By the 1960s, Provident was operating six thriving branches in Jersey City.
- In the 1970s, banking regulations changed, allowing banks to expand beyond their home areas. Provident seized this opportunity and established its first out-of-town branch in West New York. As territorial restrictions on banks continued to change over the years, Provident expanded outside of Hudson County, acquiring banks in Dunellen and Bloomfield, and opening new branches in Bergen, Essex, Monmouth, Ocean, Somerset, Middlesex and Mercer counties.
- In 2003, Provident converted from a mutual savings bank to a stock ownership savings bank, giving it greater flexibility to structure and finance the expansion of its franchise and its scope of services. Concurrently, Provident established a foundation to support charitable causes in the communities it serves.
- In 2014, Provident updated its logo to represent current and future innovations. Click here to learn more.
Provident merged with First Sentinel Bancorp (First Savings Bank) in 2004 and immediately acquired a commanding presence in the growing central New Jersey market, particularly Middlesex County. In 2007, Provident acquired First Morris Bank and Trust, gaining nine additional branches in Morris County.
Provident continues to seek new ways to provide its business and personal banking customers with the products and services they need to manage their financial resources in an increasingly complex environment.
Provident Bank is committed to provide the highest quality financial services and products to the communities we serve. We value personal and professional integrity in the workplace and strive to create a cooperative working environment that encourages all employees to reach their full potential. We provide a range of programs and initiatives to support continuous growth and professional development. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits including undergraduate tuition disbursement, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid-time-off, a 401(k) Plan and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan for full-time employees, and a wide array of benefits for part-time employees.
The Provident Bank Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at The Provident Bank full-time (More than 5 years)
many opportunities to move around the bank (different departments). You are given Stocks at the end of the year, 401k, many events during business hours to keep employees encouraged and overall this is the best job I have had.
medical insurance cost has risen consecutively for the past four years and it's becoming unaffordable. Properly pay good employees.
Advice to Management
Encourage employees more within the department.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Provident Bank (Iselin, NJ) in April 2015.
Easy and asked straightforward questions. I would recommend anyone to work here because its friendly and a work hard play hard environment. You learn a lot and meet great people and connections
- There were not difficult questions Answer Question
Established in 1839, The Provident Bank of New Jersey has a strong history of service and stability. At Provident Bank, our promise is "Commitment you can count on." We believe in fulfilling this promise in all aspects of our customer interactions, banking services and product offerings. Commitment has been our driving force since the bank was founded in ...
Mission: Our Vision and Core Values create a culture where our customer’s needs, wants and expectations guide and define how we do business and how we measure success.