The Smart Cube Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at The Smart Cube full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
TSC is s great place to start you career. I worked there for 3 years, and now am at a US b-school for MBA.
I learned a lot of things at TSC. It forayed me into the world of consulting. Acted as a stepping stone to my career. That being said, I would not have minded staying in the company for long and working my way up to the upper echelons (yes, it is very much possible to do that, given time of course), had my MBA dream not materialized.
Another thing worth noting is that if you like adventure sports like river rafting, rappelling, hiking, trailing, etc., then you will really enjoy the various outbound programs that TSC offers. I loved them!
- Good work ethic
- No office politics
- Good quality work (if you are proactive and intelligent)
- Aware and conscientious senior management
- and lots of parties!Cons
With time, some inferior quality work and low-spirited people have crept in he company. It is customary for a growth company to go through this phase, but I hope senior management will be working strenuously to keep the collateral damage minimal. Also, if you are not putting in effort and doing good work, the company will staff you only on mechanical projects which are very laborious and boring.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Fiercely guard the work quality and people standards. Don't make any compromises on that front.
- Have some policy to retain good talent in the company. Don't let TSC become a conduit for talented people to come, shine, and leave for better opportunities. They are the backbone of the company, so make TSC the 'better opportunitiy' for them. (I would suggest increase their salary, and give them good, creative and challenging projects).RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at The Smart Cube in February 2012.Interview Details
They use a outside recruiter . Who will interview you and then pass you onto Part Owner/Managing Director/Sales Person in Chicago for a second interview. Then you will be passed to 2 of their sales people for additional interview and they will turn you back to the Owner for one of several late stage/final interviews.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsTheir recruiter will ask you for paystub etc and then they base your package based on that. Decent base salary but bad commission rate and if you are used to strategic sales person that this is not a place for you.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- How would you convey value proposition when you don't know what customer wants or needs. View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –