The Washington Post
Make the Headlines.
Make The Headlines. Every Day.
Want to work for an organization whose impact and reach are respected around the world? Want a job where you actually make a difference instead of just show up? At The Washington Post, you won’t just find a job. You’ll find the job..
The Washington Post is one of the most recognized, respected and trusted media platforms in the world. To work with us is to support the only kind of journalism that matters: Journalism that makes a difference. That rights wrongs. That fosters change. And that makes an increasingly complex world easier to understand.
At The Washington Post, you’ll contribute to or support a range of exciting products and services across the spectrum of today’s evolving media landscape, including:
- The Washington Post: Our daily newspaper, noted for its exceptional editorial depth and world-class coverage of local, national and international news
- washingtonpost.com: Our online home, where visitors use the latest online tools to interact with the news, with our experts and with each other in a community of ideas
- Washington Post Mobile: Our series of products, including The Washington Post App for iPad and D.C. Rider, that give mobile users instant access to news and information
- Express: Our free daily tabloid for Washington-area commuters, covering the top local, national and international news along with entertainment and lifestyle features
- Capital Business: Our weekly, subscription-based publication on Washington’s emergence as a powerful center of the nation’s business and economic force
- El Tiempo Latino: Our Spanish-language newspaper, providing the Washington metro area’s Hispanic community with important news, information and content
- Washington Post Live: Our dynamic series of live conferences, debates, roundtables and other events that bring together the biggest names in politics, business and the media
- The Washington Post Magazine: Our high-quality, four-color weekly magazine that provides readers with groundbreaking journalism and engaging lifestyle features
- Fashion Washington: Our glossy, broadsheet-sized magazine that captures the increasingly stylish D.C. fashion scene
- Service Alley: Our online marketplace that provides customers with trusted reviews of area service providers and local businesses
- The Capitol Deal: Our online connection that offers great deals on dining, fashion, home, travel, entertainment and more in the Washington metro area
When you join The Washington Post, you’ll join a world-class news and information organization made up of people who’ve been proud to work here for years. Professional, ethical and supportive, we are committed to upholding the values that make us the indispensable guide to Washington.
- Trust: Our integrity and commitment to trust is a natural extension of our commitment to solid journalism. Every single day, we aim to be authoritative, honest and reliable.
- Responsibility: As a member of the local, national and even international community, we share a commitment to social and environmental responsibility in everything we do.
- Innovation: To keep pace with an ever-evolving media landscape, we embrace new ways of doing business and exciting new technologies that strengthen how we work.
- Creativity: We don’t just follow the status quo. We think outside the box. We broaden our horizons. And we test our imaginations to do our jobs better than we did yesterday.
- Diversity: The Washington Post family includes some of the most talented people and experts in the business, drawn from a fascinating range of cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
- Collaboration: We’re more than just individuals. We’re a team. We support one another, we share in our successes, and we work together to find solutions to exciting challenges.
- Results: We’re about more than just simply doing our jobs. We work at an exceptionally high level of performance, one that brings tangible results we can use to shape our future.
The Washington Post ensures all employees have what they need for healthy, balanced lives. Along with standard benefits such as health coverage, leave time and flexible spending accounts, we offer additional programs and benefits to enhance your quality of life.
- Stay Healthy and Happy with a comprehensive employee assistance program, domestic partner coverage, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, ergonomic assessments and more.
- Retire in Style with our 401(k) retirement plan, 100% company paid pension plan and retiree medical coverage that meet your unique retirement needs and goals.
- Make Everyday Life Easier with commuter expense deductions, on-site dry cleaning services, our own cafeteria, back-up child care, employee discount programs including in-building gym access, home delivery of The Washington Post and free on-site copies of the paper waiting for you every morning.
Make sure to ask your recruiter about your position’s specific benefit options.
The Washington Post operates out of two main locations in the Washington, D.C. Metro area:
The Washington Post
Main Business Building
1150 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20071
The Washington Post
7171 Wimsatt Road
Springfield, VA 22151
In addition to our many news bureaus around the world, we also have business satellite locations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco.
The Washington Post Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at The Washington Post full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
Web side during my tenure was very active and there were many opportunities and a lot of support from the dot-com editorial team to design and produce new ways to present news and features data.Cons
Tension existed between the print and web operations, which created issues when determining who the decision makers were on a project.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at The Washington Post.Interview Details
General scenario based questions. Techniques to documents requirements and develop process maps. How to resolve conflicts. Questions on education, projects worked thus far, most challenging experience and time management techniques.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferAverage Interview
- Nothing unusual Answer Question
One of the world’s most trusted media organizations, The Washington Post provides millions of people with everything they need to understand the local, national and international events around them. Our publications, products and services span the spectrum of today’s media landscape and include: The Washington Post, our Pulitzer-Prize winning daily paper; washingtonpost.com, our interactive online home; engaging mobile apps for smartphones and tablets; targeted publications including Express and El Tiempo Latino; Washington Post Live’s exciting series of public conferences...