Enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
CUSTOMER VALUE PROPISTION
Complete Range of Capabilities
Thermo Fisher Scientific provides the complete range of capabilities that help our customers increase productivity to meet today’s challenges.
- Our Thermo Scientific and Life Technologies brands provide technology Innovation
- Our Fisher Scientific brand support the laboratory channel
- Our Unity Lab Services provide enterprise services
Wide Commercial Reach
- Global key accounts and strategic partnerships
- Unparalleled customer access
- Unmatched customer channels in research, applied science and healthcare
- Leading e-commerce capability
- 16,600+ customer-facing employees
Deep Application Expertise
- 4,600+ scientists and engineers
- More than 10,000 patents and licenses
- One of the industry’s largest R&D budget
- World class inventory and logistics management
- Cold-chain expertise
- 50,000 orders/shipments every day
#1 Help Our Customers Make the World Healthier, Cleaner and Safer.
At Thermo Fisher you can do good work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world. One that is working to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
#2 Become the Best.
We strive to make you better than you ever thought you could be by providing networks, creative interaction with peers, stretch assignments, training and brands that stand for something meaningful. We also empower you to sustain your well being with a wide array of health, wellness, financial and supplemental benefits.
#3 Do Meaningful Work.
We all want to derive meaning from our daily activities. That’s why our leaders are focused on ensuring your work is as challenging, meaningful and as engaging as it can be. You are empowered to continually seek new opportunities that strengthen our product leadership position, improve lives through science, enrich our customer experience and refine our employee experience.
With one of the highest R&D budgets in the industry, at Thermo Fisher, your imagination and creativity are encouraged and rewarded.
#5 Be Yourself.
Our diverse workforce and inclusive work environment help us harness the collective creative energy required for breakthroughs in productivity and innovation that are foundational to product leadership.
#6 Work Abroad.
Our global presence in more than 50 countries offers you the chance to work for a company that is fully networked and doing amazing things around the world.
#7 Share Your Passion.
You’ll be part of a high performing work team, full of enthusiastic, energetic people who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
#8 Define Your Destiny.
We offer resources that match your professional development interests, a culture that welcomes your ideas, the scope of business to help you pursue other disciplines and the global footprint to explore opportunities around the world.
#9 Give Back.
Our giving back programs offer you year-round opportunities to help others in need and to support your local community.
#10 Deliver on a Promise.
The promise of science. The promise of the future. The promise of change. We are always challenging the status quo, always finding better ways to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As the world leader in serving science, we look for team members who reflect the wide-ranging differences, experiences and perspectives of the world we serve. The job opportunities we offer draw from the skills and knowledge of many different disciplines.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, scientists and engineers will find opportunities across many disciplines that are grounded in science—Genetics, Chemical Analysis, Medical Sciences, Applied Sciences, Biosciences, Bioproduction, and the global R&D and IT teams that support all of these science divisions.
Our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer life sciences job opportunities in specific areas of their businesses.
- Under the Thermo Scientific brand, we offer customers in research, diagnostics, industrial, and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents.
- Under the Life Technologies brand, we offer life sciences customers a broad range of superior-performing products to help them drive innovation in research, clinical and applied markets.
- Fisher Scientific is our channels brand, offering customers a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in scientific research, healthcare, safety, and education markets.
- Unity Lab Services is our services brand, offering a complete portfolio of services from enterprise level engagements to individual instruments and laboratory equipment, regardless of the original manufacturer.
Thermo Fisher also offers competitive job opportunities for direct sales professionals, field service engineers, installation coordinators, schedulers, technical support professionals, customer experience and logistic experts. In addition, we provide career paths for seasoned professionals and entry entry-level candidates in functional disciplines like Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Operations, Sales and Marketing, Business Services and Internal and Corporate Communications.
Our University Programs prepare and accelerate the careers of highly talented undergraduate and graduate students in their area of interest with robust, on-the-job learning opportunities, mentorship and structured learning.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision PPO programs, 401K, generous vacation days (approximately three weeks a year to start) and company holidays.
No matter what you plan to do, if you’re ready to make a difference in the world—you can do it here.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers best-in-class internships with true hands-on experience, the opportunity to solve real-time problems, the chance to network with other interns from different backgrounds, exposure to senior leadership, and activities like community service projects.
Thermo Fisher hires graduates into our flagship leadership development programs and entry-level direct hire positions across the organization.
Here’s how to apply:
- You must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university during internship and have at least one term remaining to complete your degree
- Graduating students are eligible if they will be starting an advanced degree program the following term
- Apply online
Thermo Fisher Scientific is committed to hiring candidates who are transitioning from the military as well as veterans of the armed services to enrich our talented team. In 2012, we launched Advancing: With Honor – a program to help officer and enlisted veterans from all branches of the military, including wounded warriors and military spouses, transition from active duty or other industries to a career at Thermo Fisher.
The transition is a great fit for this large and diverse talent pool. Just as individuals join the military to answer a greater calling, many join Thermo Fisher to help accomplish our own mission to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are transitioning, we want you to know a few things up front:
- We value your leadership, your real-world experience, and your commitment to excellence.
- We share similar values with a strong desire to make a difference and change the world.
- Thermo Fisher is committed to your personal and professional development, especially through our Veterans Employee Resource Group.
- We have numerous opportunities in manufacturing, logistics, procurement, finance, operations, sales, human resources and talent acquisition.
We proudly partner with organizations such as the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), Hire America’s Heroes, Vets in Tech and Operation Impact. You’ll also see us throughout the year at local and military base events throughout the U.S. and national events such as:
- Service Academy Career Conferences
- Military Officer Job Opportunities
- Military Officer Alumni Association
Follow our Military Talent Acquisition activities with Matt Brogdon, Military Recruiting and Veteran Programs Manager at Thermo Fisher and an ex-Army officer and Air Force Academy graduate:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos
- Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO
I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific (More than 3 years)
Exciting company to work for
Company is ok but is going down hill with benefits as time goes on. Losing sick time next year.
Advice to Management
stop cutting benefits. It's the reason people stay.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The interview process consisted of a four hour block of time in which I interviewed with various people of the company such as future coworkers and future manager as well as other managers from other departments and the senior manager. Everyone was very nice and I felt very comfortable. They mostly asked questions about school because I had not worked before.
- What was your favorite lab experiment? Answer Question
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and ...
Mission: At Thermo Fisher, we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We believe in the inspired intellect of our employees to spark the development of innovations that result in scientific breakthroughs. Come grow with us.