Three Ships Photos
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at Three Ships full-timePros
- Actually believes in its company values. They are not just window dressing for the website. Evaluates employees and circumstances based on those values.
- Efficient company operating system means little to no wasted time in meetings.
- Employees are encouraged to take initiative to get things done.
- Strong desire to improve company processes and dynamics, including policies to improve work/life balance and flexible work schedules. Some of the cons listed elsewhere on this site seem less applicable today (I started in 2013).
- Smart, driven team that’s committed to each other and likes each other. No jerks.Cons
- If you’re disorganized, you might feel overwhelmed and spread thin at times.
- This is more of a start-up culture than a laid-back 9-to-5. Managing your workload and letting your manager know when you're overloaded is your responsibility.
- The company's desire to solve big marketing challenges is itself a very ambitious challenge.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Remain open to feedback and keep growing.Positive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Three Ships in September 2010.Interview Details
A gentleman from sales called me and did a first round screening. Gaging what my interests were in sales. Why I wanted to join TSM. As well as informing me that the position will be tough making 60+ dials per day trying to generate leads for the team. You need me to be enthusiastic and excited about sales and quickly show why you are a good candidate for a TSM position. "Sell yourself...otherwise no one will do it for you."
A face to face interview with three to four other members of the sales team reviewed your resume' was the next step. If the team thought you maybe a good fit then you moved to the next step. "Build rapport with team...this is a fit in or get out kind of interview." At the end of the interview you have to do a trial cold call to book a meeting given a scenario on a page (My scenario was to call a financial firm to get them to book a meeting to discuss digital marketing strategies). It is ok to struggle. This is to show that you can handle the pressure and think quick on your fit.
Call with the CEO. You have to impress him. He is very smart and will through curve ball questions to test how quickly you can think on your feet.
1 on 1 interview with the President. If you made it this far you basically have the job. You need to keep doing the same things. Be confident, smart, basically everything the previous 'gates' saw in you.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNo negotiation available. It is a start up and they had to stick with their budget.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- At the end of the interview you have to do a trial cold call to book a meeting given a scenario on a page (My scenario was to call a financial firm to get them to book a meeting to discuss digital marketing strategies). View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Three Ships drives transformational revenue growth for our client partners. Clients rely on our expertise and technology to make themselves magnets for their customers through search, digital advertising, database marketing, paid media, social, and mobile. We are full contact, all business, and owner-aligned.
Mission: Our Digital Edge Creates Extreme Value For You