2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Timegate Studios full-time for more than a yearPros
- Laid back atmosphere.
- Coworkers are the nicest and most helpful people anyone could hope to work with.
- Despite what some say, management really tries to come up with ways to keep everyone happy, with surprise activities, free soda/gourmet coffee/dinner, pitchfest, social activities, etc.
- Competitive pay. IMO, slightly higher than industry when taking in to account the cost of living in Houston.Cons
- Senior management has unrealistic expectations considering Timegate's status in the industry. Because of that, their attitude seems to be "my way or the highway".Advice to ManagementAdvice
To upper management-
First off, come to work. When you are out of the office as many days as you are in, it gives off the message that you don't want to be there, you don't care about the success of the projects, you expect the employees to work harder/care more than you, and that you're just there for the paycheck. If you do happen to come in, try and make it for more than a couple of hours. 12:00 - 4:00 does not count.
To mid-upper management-
Reality check. Despite what you think it WILL hurt you to lose us. Considering the fact that no one in senior management has ever had a job outside of Timegate, and they really don't have any talent, accomplishments, or skills aside from years ofecterience which ultimately led to their high-ranking titles. Coming in on a weekend during crunch time to ask what you can do to help (or just being seen trying to help) would go a lot further than dropping off food.
To job hunters-
If you are a self-motivated worker, then Timegate is the perfect place to work. If you get your work done, you can pretty much do whatever you want. If you're the type that needs constant direction, recognition and validation (like the other Timegate Glassdoor reviewers) you will most likely end up unhappy.RecommendsNeutral Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Timegate Studios in April 2008.Interview Details
Started with a fun math/programming take home quiz.
Onsite interview was some programming problems.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Onsite programming questions Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –