Don’t let our name fool you. Sure, we may know a thing or two about tractors. But at Tractor Supply Company, it’s far from our only specialty. Our loyal customers come to us for expertise, advice, and thousands of products every day—from lawn and animal care products to equipment, and even clothing. It’s helped make us an important part of the communities we serve, and one of the nation’s fastest growing retail organizations.
Founded in 1938 by Charles E. Schmidt, Sr. as a mail order tractor parts business, today Tractor Supply is the largest operator of retail farm stores in America. Our stores are located in rural communities and in the outlying areas of large cities—“Out Here”—where people feel a deep connection with their land. Our customers are as diverse as the products we carry: from farmers and ranchers to pet owners and hobbyists, construction and trades people, and suburban landowners. No matter what they’re looking for, they all get the individual attention and service that have become hallmarks of Tractor Supply stores around the country.
Our Mission is to Work Hard, Have Fun and Make Money and we live by Values such as Ethics, Respect , Teamwork and Accountabilty. We are community minded and support 4H, FFA and AQHA. We call our sustainability program “Stewardship” because we know that we have to be good stewards of the land and our natural resources so that our children and future generations will have the same opportunities we enjoy today.
We are always looking for great team members for our Stores, Distribution Centers and in our Store Support Center in Brentwood, TN.
A publicly traded company (TSCO), today Tractor Supply is increasing its store count and expanding into more states. It’s an exciting time to be a part of Tractor Supply as we take our business in bold new directions. If you’re passionate about service and looking for a place where you can put down roots and grow, join us.
Our Culture and Mission and Values provide the overarching guidelines in determining who we are, how we work, and the fulfillment we receive from our work. The pillars of our culture are:
- Values: Our values are written on cards we all carry, they hang in our break rooms, in our offices and on our meeting room walls. They are so much more than simply words on a page; they are clear, consistent and they determine whom we invite on the team and whom we ask to leave the team. They are understood, they are shared and they have a spirit that is in all of us.
- Ethics: As a result of our dedication to our values, and the clear understanding held by all of our team members, we behave individually and collectively in an ethical way in our professional and personal lives. It is a simple yet powerful approach.
- Trust: We have shared values and ethics which create a trusting environment. The capacity to trust each other to trust the company, allows us to do our best work, to provide constructive feedback and to speak and hear the truth in a safe environment.
- Risk Taking: People and companies only make progress when risks are taken. Risks are more likely to be taken in an environment based on shared values, ethics and trust. Our customers depend on us to take risks to find the new idea, the new product and the new process.
- Collaboration: We believe that everyone wants and deserve to work in a collaborative environment. Great things happen when ideas and experiences are shared and when groups of people become a team. We also recognize that while we all want to work in a collaborative way, we must all be dedicated to do our part. Each if us must take the lead to lead in teamwork and encourage others to join us.
- Hard Work: Tractor Supply Company performed very well over the last decade and throughout the recession. We have added thousands of jobs, improved our benefit plans, paid bonuses and rewarded shareholders. We work hard, and as a result, we are securing our future and the future of every team member who works hard, works smart and adds to our success.
- Passion: It is our hope that each team member finds their job so challenging and so rewarding that they feel a real passion for their work, their team and their customers. We believe that true and sustainable success for each team member and the company is only consistently achieved when people are excited about their work, their customers and Tractor Supply Company.
- Your Role: As a new member of the Tractor Supply Company team you now have the responsibility to practice, teach, and protect our culture. I know you are up to the task and again extend my welcome to our great company and our great team.
Training is a high priority at Tractor Supply Company. Our loyal customers look to us for much more than our product line. They look to us for expertise, ideas and seasoned advice from people who live, and love, this lifestyle and have literally "been there and done that."
Think that means you don’t know enough to work here? Think again. Our career Team Members at all levels come to us from different backgrounds. Some have expertise in agriculture. Some have accounting and IT experience. Some know retail or distribution. But what they share is a willingness to learn, a passion for service, an appreciation of people, and their ability to know a great growth opportunity when they see it.
Here, training is not just something you "go through" as a new Team Member. Our Tractor University programs cover everything from Leadershp Skills to product knowledge to closing the sale. From formalized classroom training to hands-on learning exercises, to exciting seminars that enhance your leadership skills, you’ll have hundreds of learning opportunities over the life of your career.
At Tractor Supply, we’re a team. We share our knowledge and expertise so you can get to know everything you need to know to serve our customers better, make us a better company, and build a brighter career. We call it "Tractorization," but you’ll call it your personal opportunity to learn our company inside and out.
Our customers’ satisfaction depends on the knowledge, skill and initiative of our Team Members. Our future does, too. We’re committed to the success of every Tractor Supply Team Member, and to helping you develop the talent and potential you will need to pursue tomorrow’s opportunities.
Working at Tractor Supply could mean a very bright future for you. Running a retail operation with the growth and momentum of Tractor Supply requires real hands-on leaders in a number of areas and disciplines. So if you're looking for a career where your contributions count, you’ll find it out here. No matter what your role is-whether you’re a member of a store team, or support our retail operations in management, distribution, engineering or accounting-we’ll give you the all the support and freedom you need to take your career further.
- Distribution Centers
- Store Teams
- Store Management
- Store Support Center (HQ)
As you can imagine, keeping one of America’s fastest growing retail operations stocked is a tremendous task.To make sure our customers get the products they need…when they need them…Tractor Supply’s distribution centers are strategically located throughout the United States, and operate 24-hours-a-day. To stay ahead of the curve, we’re continually investing in this area, and building big! In fact, our largest and newest facility spans roughly the area of 16 football fields! These are some of the most technically advanced operations anywhere, too, with hands-free pick-to-voice warehouse automation, paperless tracking and more. Hourly opportunities are always becoming available!
Casa Grande, Arizona
As you can tell, our down-to-earth culture attracts team members who are positive, outgoing, upbeat and-most of all-enthusiastic about this lifestyle.about offering the best service.and about making more of their careers.
You’ll be drawn to our relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Sure, you’ll be busy-our stores are always bustling. But we make sure you always have the time to give your customers the kind of individual attention and service that have become the hallmarks of TSC stores around the country. We think it’s the most important thing we do.
Once you join the team, you’ll learn our products and business quickly and thoroughly. Because our stores supply everything our customers need-and need to know- "out here," you’ll work with people with a variety of backgrounds and experiences, like welders, farmers and horse owners. In fact, this type of experience can really take you places at Tractor Supply.
No matter what your background is, you can lay a foundation for a great career as a member of our store team.
If want to take the helm of your own retail location in a short amount of time, this is the place. We’ll give you the tools and knowledge you’ll need to make it all happen. From basic product knowledge, to sales training, P&L responsibilities, merchandising techniques, leadership and team member relations, in a few short months, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to run your own successful operation. Once you’re a Manager, there’s still so much more you can achieve. Whether you’re interested in district and regional store management, store support or distribution, your career path is wide open at Tractor Supply. In fact, most of our senior executives began their careers at our stores. We believe there’s no better way to get a feel for our business and understand the customers we serve.
We’re looking for strong, independent individuals…people willing to roll up their sleeves, and take their own initiative to create new paths for our success. We strongly believe that the future growth of our company depends on you. That’s why we’ll empower you with the tools and freedom to take new approaches, and to try new ideas. And we’ll stand behind you every step of the way in your efforts to make ours an even better company.
Store Support Center
The operation of a growing retail organization like ours requires the talents of professionals in a number of non-sales-related roles, too. From Technical Specialists and Accounting Staff, to Buyers and Engineers, it takes lots of dynamic individuals to keep us connected and focused on our goal of being the best. Here, at our headquarters in Brentwood, Tennessee, you’ll enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment where, each and every day, you’ll encounter new and exciting challenges. We’ll give you the tools and training you need, and look to you for the ideas that can make a real impact on our success. We believe in change, and look to the ideas of independent thinkers-like you-who aren’t afraid to take a different tack to make something work better. We’ll support your growth every step of the way, with the training you’ll need to know our business inside and out. Show your leadership and initiative, and the future’s wide open at Tractor Supply.
Tractor Supply Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Great job while going to school. Flexible hours and schedules.
Low pay. Not easy to move up in the company.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Dayton, OH).
Very simple process. Interview was short, sweet and to the point. I was hired a few days after the interview. They only thing testing wise was a drug test and a personality test.
Tractor Supply Company is the largest retail farm and ranch store chain in the United States. The company operates more than 1,450 retail stores in 49 states with and 20,000 team members - headquartered in Brentwood, Tenn. Its stock is traded on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol "TSCO".
Mission: To work hard, have fun and make money by providing legendary service and great products at everyday low prices.