Transportation Solutions Group
Transportation Solutions Group (TSG) is a top 150 third-party logistics brokerage headquartered in Chicago. Our sales teams arrange transportation and negotiate pricing between companies that need to ship products and the transportation providers who actually move those products.
Our sales force is divided into two parts – Customer Sales and Carrier Sales:
- Customer Sales Representatives are constantly searching for new business opportunities while continuing to develop existing relationships.
- Carrier Sales Representatives build relationships with hundreds of motor carriers to negotiate shipping prices, pick-up and delivery times, and work to resolve issues before they arise.
These two sales units are the yin and yang that keep the products you love on store shelves.
We succeed because we are:
Compensation and benefits:
The cliché, but very true, reasons why employees love working at TSG:
- The sky is the limit: With our generous commission/bonus incentives, there is no limit to how much you can earn or to your levels of success.
- Work hard, play hard: Daily, impromptu dance parties are followed by creative and collaborative meetings. We strike a balance that keeps you having fun while working hard!
- All for one and one for all: Yes, we encourage healthy competition among employees, but at the end of the day, our goal is to work together as a team to get the job done right. Friends don’t let friends fail at TSG.
- Too legit to quit: We have a very high employee retention rate because we take time to train and mentor our employees. We believe in fostering strong leadership skills so our sales force is knowledgeable, confident and successful.
- Music to our ears: We have a great sound system that pumps satellite radio across the entire office. Whether it’s 90s, alternative, techno or top 40, the party is bumpin’ all day long.
- The proof is in the pudding: Our customers and carriers turn to us time after time because we don’t just talk big game, we deliver real results. As a top 150 logistics brokerage in the U.S., we know what it takes to be successful and we are, every day.
Why choose Chicago:
TSG at a Glance:
Our Carrier Network:
Utilizing our vast network of more than 18,000 carriers and the fleet of our affiliate company, F/X, we find truck capacity upon request anytime, anywhere. We initially specialized in over-the-road freight, but have since expanded our service offerings to cater to a wider variety of customer needs. Our contracts with carriers specializing in flatbed, LTL, intermodal, air freight, and more are unmatched. No matter the load, securing reliable equipment and achieving savings for our customers is our greatest priority.
Transportation Solutions Group Photos
4 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (more than a year)Pros
TSG is a great place to call home. This company knows how to bring the best out of their employees and reward them for their hard work. TSG knows how to make the work environment fun but can also kick it into work mode and get tasks done. The sky is the limit at TSG and if you prove that you are a hard-working employee you will be able to rise the ranks.Cons
The hours and stress sometimes can be rough but that is every job. I cannot think of a con for TSG. If you show up to work and do your job there is nothing to complain about.Advice to ManagementAdvice
My advice to management is to just keep things the same and not change the way TSG functions. I would hate to see the company lose its fun energetic environment because that is what makes coming into work enjoyable.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
2 people found this helpfulInterview Details
Interview was really laid back. They make you feel very comfortable and calm your nerves very easily. They give you a look at the day to day process of the job you are applying for by allowing you to sit in with a current employee. Great interview.Interview Questions
- All normal questions, non too difficult and none unexpected. Answer Question
Transportation Solutions Group ("TSG") is a top 25 third-party logistics brokerage headquartered in Chicago. We arrange transportation (via multiple modes) and negotiate pricing between companies that need to ship products and the service providers who actually move those products. In our 13th year of business, we will facilitate nearly 100,000 loads, contract with more than 600 customers, and work with more than 18,000 carriers throughout the continental U.S., Mexico and Canada.
We strive to provide unparalleled service to our customers while maintaining mutually...