"I've been able to take on new challenges as I've learned the ropes and shown that I can get the job done. At Tripp Lite, opportunity is always available if you're open to it."
Ed, Engineering, 15 years
"Tripp Lite combines a laid-back environment with high standards for the quality of work expected of its employees. This means I can focus on the job at hand without distractions and typical corporate red tape."
Jeff, Accounting, 8 years
"When I decided to join Tripp Lite, I was impressed by the entrepreneurial approach to developing new business. You feel like you have the freedom to make a big impact."
Alex, Sales Management, 2 years
"Change is the only constant in marketing, so it's hard to keep up with all the latest developments and best practices. Tripp Lite understands this and provides us with ongoing training and classes to keep us current and ready to compete head-on."
Gloria, Public Relations, 9 years
Top Ten Reasons to Work at Tripp Lite
- We are financially stable and have never had an employee layoff in our history.
- We offer free shuttle service to and from downtown train stations.
- We offer excellent medical coverage through Blue Cross, a 401(k) plan and many other employee benefits.
- The Chicago Tribune has recognized Tripp Lite as one of the city's "Top Workplaces".
- We have a strategy of promoting from within, providing many advancement opportunities for current employees.
- We maintain a friendly, informal work environment.
- Non-sales employees are eligible for our year-end profit-sharing bonus.
- We provide training opportunities for employees to grow professionally and personally.
- We host an annual holiday party at the White Sox Stadium Club, a company picnic in Lincoln Park and sponsored outings to local sporting events.
- Local restaurant menus are served fresh by Fooda in our lunchroom.
Some Quick Facts About Tripp Lite
- We have a broad product line centered around information technology and telecommunications.
- We have been doing business in Chicago since 1922.
- Crain's Chicago Business ranks Tripp Lite as one of Chicago's largest private companies.
- We make more than 2,500 products that are sold in over 80 countries.
- We are a highly solvent, debt-free organization and own our Chicago headquarters outright.
- We are experiencing continued profitable growth at a compound rate of 10% over the last seven years.
- Tripp Lite is ISO 9001 certified to meet the highest standards of design, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, and service.
- Many of the world's leading corporations rely on Tripp Lite.
So you're interested in working at Tripp Lite?
That's great, because we're interested in talking to you! We want the best and brightest people to help us grow, so we work hard to provide a positive corporate culture that gives our employees a sense of belonging. We invest in our employees by providing opportunities for career development. We also recognize our employees' contributions by rewarding a job well done. Sound like your kind of company?
Tripp Lite Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (more than 10 years)Pros
There are plenty of perks at this company. Great work environment including casual attire and benefit packages that offer options for everyone (single, spouse, family). They are extremely fair with work-life balances, including maternity leave, medical leave and personal leave. Also lots of fun events like beer Fridays, company sponsored holiday lunches, company picnic with activities, food & awards. Holiday party at White Sox stadium with gourmet lunch, drinks & amazing prizes. It's also a solid company that has been growing and successful even when the rest of the industry wasn't and it appreciates and supports employees with performance and tenure based end-of-the-year bonuses and profit sharing bonuses based on overall profits.Cons
I really have none, I actually enjoy coming to work.Advice to ManagementAdvice
I've worked here for almost 15 years at 3 different positions and every manager I had was fair and balanced when it came to compensation, time-off policies and work-life balances. They also have an excellent Human Resources staff that works with you and treats you fairly, not as a number but as a person and valued employee. I've recommended Tripp Lite to many friends and family and happy to say that 4 out of 5 of those who have interviewed and accepted the job still work here since the day they were first hired! The only reason the 5th person didn't stay is they moved, but they also did well here and liked his manager and the company. My managers have always been fair and flexible, especially when I need to handle appointments and home situations with my young children because my husband's job is not as flexible.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Tripp Lite in January 2015.Interview Details
Interviewing strategy had me shaking my head. Their website boasts that they are open and welcome to diversity, but I did not see or get this warm fuzzy feeling of acceptance when I initially walked in the door or during the entire interview process. However, I always try to give people and situations the benefit of the doubt and approached the interviewing process as positive as one could under the circumstances.
I was interviewed by five people separately for four hours including the human resource person - this makes six. I was surprised the custodian did not interview me.
The questions asked were mainly the same from person to person. At the end, the engineering director asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I was not sure if this was part of the interviewing process, but found this approach, awkward, unprofessional and it made me feel very uncomfortable.
To make matters worse, I did not receive a reply to my interview until way after they reposted the position. The message essentially stated I was not qualified, but the truth of the matter is that I was well qualified for the position.
My gut feelings as I walked through the door was that this company was not as welcoming and warm of an environment as they boast about on their website.
Even if an offer of employment had been extended to me, I would have turned it down.Interview Questions
No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Why do you want to work for our company. In prior jobs what was your day to day activities, etc. View Answer
Tripp Lite is a thriving manufacturer of products that power, connect, protect and manage computers and other electronic equipment in homes and businesses. It’s the kind of place where talent, commitment and hard work allow you to advance your career no matter where you start. Tripp Lite is a great place to build a rewarding career!