- Tripp Lite update28 days ago
Just another rough day at the office! It's Tripp Lite's annual Bring Your Kid to Work. This year's theme "Dog Days of Summer". See more pics and videos: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIT5C
- Tripp Lite update30+ days ago
Tripp Lite's annual Company Picnic including plenty of food, drinks, service awards and heat & humidity! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIKjI
"I've been able to take on new challenges as I've learned the ropes and shown that I can get the job done. At Tripp Lite, opportunity is always available if you're open to it."
Ed, Engineering, 15 years
"Tripp Lite combines a laid-back environment with high standards for the quality of work expected of its employees. This means I can focus on the job at hand without distractions and typical corporate red tape."
Jeff, Accounting, 8 years
"When I decided to join Tripp Lite, I was impressed by the entrepreneurial approach to developing new business. You feel like you have the freedom to make a big impact."
Alex, Sales Management, 2 years
"Change is the only constant in marketing, so it's hard to keep up with all the latest developments and best practices. Tripp Lite understands this and provides us with ongoing training and classes to keep us current and ready to compete head-on."
Gloria, Public Relations, 9 years
Top Ten Reasons to Work at Tripp Lite
- We are financially stable and have never had an employee layoff in our history.
- We offer free shuttle service to and from downtown train stations.
- We offer excellent medical coverage through Blue Cross, a 401(k) plan and many other employee benefits.
- The Chicago Tribune has recognized Tripp Lite as one of the city's "Top Workplaces".
- We have a strategy of promoting from within, providing many advancement opportunities for current employees.
- We maintain a friendly, informal work environment.
- Non-sales employees are eligible for our year-end profit-sharing bonus.
- We provide training opportunities for employees to grow professionally and personally.
- We host an annual holiday party at the White Sox Stadium Club, a company picnic in Lincoln Park and sponsored outings to local sporting events.
- Local restaurant menus are served fresh by Fooda in our lunchroom.
Some Quick Facts About Tripp Lite
- We have a broad product line centered around information technology and telecommunications.
- We have been doing business in Chicago since 1922.
- Crain's Chicago Business ranks Tripp Lite as one of Chicago's largest private companies.
- We make more than 2,500 products that are sold in over 80 countries.
- We are a highly solvent, debt-free organization and own our Chicago headquarters outright.
- We are experiencing continued profitable growth at a compound rate of 10% over the last seven years.
- Tripp Lite is ISO 9001 certified to meet the highest standards of design, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, and service.
- Many of the world's leading corporations rely on Tripp Lite.
So you're interested in working at Tripp Lite?
That's great, because we're interested in talking to you! We want the best and brightest people to help us grow, so we work hard to provide a positive corporate culture that gives our employees a sense of belonging. We invest in our employees by providing opportunities for career development. We also recognize our employees' contributions by rewarding a job well done. Sound like your kind of company?
Tripp Lite Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Tripp Lite full-time (More than a year)
flexible schedule, causal clothing, relaxed work environment
no room to move up, nepotism, low pay
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripp Lite.
I applied online. Within a couple of hours I was contacted by HR and asked to complete some questions. I responded the next day and HR scheduled a phone call the next day. A week after the HR call I had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager which was completely bizarre. The hiring manager talked down about the company and even said some negative things. The hiring manager asked me what I had heard about the company and when I said that I heard good things and some of the things that I had heard the hiring manager said sarcastically "yeah their loyal" then added a little laugh at the end. It made for an awkward pause after the comment. A week after the 1st interview I was asked for a second interview. It went ok. It wasn't hard. The hiring manager didn't seem to like the company so about a week after the 2nd interview I withdrew from the process and accepted another offer. The hiring manager seemed to be very unprofessional. I couldn't work for someone who hated their job that much.
- What do you know about Tripp Lite? Answer Question
Tripp Lite is a thriving manufacturer of products that power, connect, protect and manage computers and other electronic equipment in homes and businesses. It’s the kind of place where talent, commitment and hard work allow you to advance your career no matter where you start. Tripp Lite is a great place to build a rewarding career!
Mission: Tripp Lite’s mission is providing quality solutions to power, protect, organize, secure, manage, connect and cool IT and telecom equipment, with a focus on customer service and continuous improvement.