- Trulia update22 days ago
Check out our home away from home! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI8yG
- Trulia update30+ days ago
More glossy press on our HQ digs in downtown San Francisco. Take a peek inside our new home!
Our team of energized and happy brainiacs is made up of diverse interests and personalities. We've got semi-pro athletes, ping-pong enthusiasts, avid surfers, chicken farmers, jugglers, knitters and everything in between. But we share one common focus: making killer products that will improve the really hard and potentially un-fun process of finding the right place to live.
There are so many reasons why working here is great, but we've narrowed it to the top three:
1. There's always something awesome happening. No matter what is being built, we're hard at work figuring out what the next big thing is going to be. Knowing that there's always some innovation on the way keeps this place buzzing.
2. We're good people. When it comes to hiring, we've adopted a strict "no jerks" rule. Our culture is open and friendly, and not to be trifled with, no matter your level of talent. Whether we are planning projects or grabbing a keg-fresh beer on our roof deck, we genuinely like each other. Who doesn't like that?
3. Startup fire with big company benefits. Want the fast-moving pace of a startup with the perks of a company that has been around the block? Us, too. We know that the laundry list of super competitive pay, stock, snacks in the kitchen, and appreciation for a job well done are baseline requirements, so we go way beyond. Investing back into our team's success and future is our goal. Matching 401(k), fully paid medical/dental/vision coverage, multiple flexible spending accounts, and a legit maternity and paternity plan. We've got it all — and then some.
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
One of the biggest reasons I chose Trulia was because of its healthy culture and atmosphere. The company encourages employees to get to know each other, and everyone is easy to talk to. On top of that you're given a lot of responsibility on very interesting work that always feels like it is making an impact.
I came in almost half a year into the Zillow merger, and while most things have been sorted out there was still a little confusion on how to accomplish certain business tasks. I'm sure this will be sorted with time.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trulia (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.
Connected with the recruiter on LinkedIn. Two phone screens, followed by the onsite. It seems like they were searching for a specific person, like Senior Software Engineer in Search with specific set of skills. I clearly mentioned that I am not a senior engineer, but their questions were more focused on the experience with Solr.
- Phone: Get the top N queries that are read from log, sorted by time. Onsite: How to implement a system of house recommendations such as Trulia. Solr specific questions. 1 Answer
Trulia® is a vibrant home shopping marketplace, focused on giving home buyers, sellers and renters the information they need to make better decisions about where to live. On mobile and Web, Trulia provides house hunters with insights and unique information about properties, neighborhoods and real estate agents. Additionally, Trulia offers data and information about schools, crimes, commute times and the real estate market. Trulia offers 15 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including dedicated apps for renters, mortgage seekers and agents. Launched in ...