Our team of energized and happy brainiacs is made up of diverse interests and personalities. We've got semi-pro athletes, ping-pong enthusiasts, avid surfers, chicken farmers, jugglers, knitters and everything in between. But we share one common focus: making killer products that will improve the really hard and potentially un-fun process of finding the right place to live.
There are so many reasons that working here is great, but we've narrowed it to the top three:
1. There's always something awesome happening. No matter what is being built, we're hard at work figuring out what the next big thing is going to be. Knowing that there's always some innovation on the way keeps this place buzzing. Plus, consistently seeing ridiculous month-on-month user growth doesn't hurt the excitement factor!
2. We're good people. When it comes to hiring, we've adopted a strict "no jerks" rule. Our culture is open and friendly, and not to be trifled with, no matter your level of talent. Whether we are planning projects or grabbing a keg-fresh beer on our roof deck, we genuinely like each other. Who doesn't like that?
3. Start-up fire with big company benefits. Want the fast-moving pace of a start-up with the perks of a company that has been around the block? Us, too. We know that the laundry list of super competitive pay, stock, snacks in the kitchen, and appreciation for a job well done are baseline requirements, so we go way beyond. Investing back into our team's success and future is our goal. Matching 401(k), fully paid medical/dental/vision coverage, multiple flexible spending accounts, and a legit maternity and paternity plan. We've got it all...and then some.
Check out open positions by team below. If you don't see a position that interests you, submit a general application and let us know how you can make a difference at Trulia. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and Seattle.
Two Teams. One Goal.
Trulia and Market Leader are working to create out-of-this world experiences for our customers, consumers and employees.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)Pros
I started in Customer Care at Market Leader. From the beginning I made clear I wasn't going to stay in that department. Within 5 months I won a position in the Training department, which happens to be my dream job. The whole experience was so positive. My Customer Care supervisor was so supportive of my growth and determination to move elsewhere. Easily the best experience I've ever had working for an employer.Cons
It can be hard to know what opportunities are available, as there isn't always clear communication. It can also be hard to find out what I can do to help support other departments or who to talk to to find out what sort of support those departments might need.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Be more transparent about how each department can benefit and be benefited by each other. Be clear about what is happening in the company, even if it might be a negative. More information is better than less.RecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Trulia.Interview Details
Phone Screen with HR, followed by phone interview with developer. The requirements for the job were Java, RDBMS, SQL and JDBC; NoSQL skills were listed as "nice to have". The phone interview consisted of question after question after question about Hadoop, Cassandra, and other NoSQL platforms. I pointed out to the interviewer that these skills were not on my resume but he insisted that I attempt them anyway. Interviewer ended session early without asking a single question about the supposedly required areas of Java and RDBMS-related skills.
In all, I feel I was treated very unprofessionally by Trulia.Interview Questions
No OfferNegative Experience
- How to architect a high-performance solution using a Cassandra back end Answer Question
- Trulia update30+ days ago
Trulia just moved into an amazing new building in SoMa!
Since 2005, Trulia's been focused on building the most vibrant and valuable marketplace in the real estate industry. We're transforming the industry in three big ways: giving consumers the information they need, helping professionals build their businesses, and creating additional value in adjacent markets.