We have a passion to protect what matters most.
Our 69,000 employees in over 1,000 locations around the world take a consultative approach to delivering tailored, industry-specific solutions. Our global reach allows us to anticipate changes across geographies and industries, and deploy the right solutions rapidly. In the most challenging and demanding environments, we help our customers achieve their safety, security and business goals.
For more than half a century, Tyco has been delivering the latest solutions to unique business challenges. Today, our passion to protect what matters most is stronger than ever.
Tyco's competitive edge begins with its people.
Every day, the company’s 69,000 employees come to work with a passion for protecting what matters most. They take great pride in knowing that they make a difference in the world: their work helps protect and safeguard people and property.
Tyco’s diversity and culture is built on a foundation of four key values. These values shape how our employees interact with every stakeholder and with one another. Together, they drive our company forward. The values are:
- Integrity - We demand of ourselves, and each other, the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity.
- Excellence - We continually challenge each other to improve our products, our processes and ourselves.
- Teamwork - We foster an environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and delivers results through collaboration.
- Accountability - We honor the commitments we make and take personal responsibility for all actions and results.
At Tyco, we have a shared commitment to our values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability and are committed to doing the right thing in all aspects of our business.
Our diverse employee populatin, global presence and world-leading brands distinguish Tyco in the marketplace, and offers you an unparalleled chance to build a rewarding career. Thanks to our size and global reach, Tyco can offer you a depth and breadth of opportunity to keep pace with your evolving skills and interests. We offer a forward-thinking and dynamic workplace, with the freedom to choose your path, to set the bar on what you think is possible, and the support you need to excel.
You’ll find yourself working alongside people who represent some of the most talented in our industries, who come from a broad range of cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
Rewards and Benefits
Tyco understands the long-term advantages of offering competitive benefits including programs, services and resources to help our employees achieve a healthy balance at work and in life. While our rewards and benefits programs vary by country and region, as an example we’ve outlined those offered in the United States.
U.S. Rewards and Benefits
- Retirement Savings and Investment Plan - Tyco offers a competitive 401(K) savings plan with a generous company match to help your retirement savings grow. Our plan includes a wide choice of Investment Options so that you can choose an investment mix that best meets your time horizon and personal tolerance for risk.
- Tuition Reimbursement - At Tyco, we believe that continuing education is an essential element for the success of our employees and our business. We offer tuition reimbursement for approved business and technical college courses, including associate, undergraduate and graduate level college courses.
- Health Benefits - Tyco offers competitive choices for valuable health care coverage, including a Health Savings Account (HSA) plan, a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) plan and a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan. Plus, when employees enroll in a Tyco medical plan, they automatically receive prescription drug benefits.
- Dental - Employees have a choice between two dental options, including a low-cost dental maintenance organization (DMO) plan for certain locations.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) - Employees can choose to participate in Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSAs to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses.
- Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance - Tyco provides basic life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance and business travel accident insurance at no cost to employees. Employees may also elect to purchase supplemental life insurance, personal and family accident insurance and long term disability insurance at favorable group rates.
- Wellness Program - Tyco is committed to helping our employees and their families live healthy lifestyles. Participants enrolled in a Tyco medical plan have access to a wealth of confidential and complimentary wellness resources, tools, programs and services for support in reaching health improvement goals. Tyco also provides Healthy Reward payroll credits for completing certain qualified health- and wellness-related activities.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) - Free, confidential counseling and referral services are available to all Tyco employees and their families to help resolve work or life issues and other personal issues.
- Adoption Assistance Program - Employees can be reimbursed up to a certain amount for expenses related to a legal adoption.
- Vision, Legal Services and Auto and Home Insurance - Tyco provides access to these benefits at group discounted rates through convenient payroll deductions.
- Employee Discounts - We provide access to significant discounts on national and local brand name merchants.
- Matching Gift Program - Tyco matches eligible employee gifts to qualified charitable organizations dollar-for-dollar, up to a certain annual amount.
Benefits described above are U.S. specific. Outside the U.S. Tyco provides its employees with benefits applicable under country law. Benefits eligibility and plan provisions for employees covered under a collective bargaining agreement are specified in union contracts. Benefits and policies are subject to change.
At Tyco, we seek individuals who have a passion to learn and are enthusiastic about contributing to the success of our customers and the organization. Your career is a learning path, built upon diverse experiences which prepare you for future challenges. Strengthening and expanding your talents is all about adapting and growing, and we offer the resources to help you get there.
A career at Tyco opens rich opportunities to learn, many different avenues to pursue challenging projects and stimulating team experiences. Along the way, you’ll get individualized learning with strong feedback and coaching to help you round out your skills.
Tyco is committed to offering opportunities for individual development and career growth. We believe in unleashing the capabilities and passion of our employees. Our performance and talent management processes will help you to contribute your unique talents, energy and ideas. We also offer development programs to help you succeed and prepare for future roles within the organization. As part of our commitment to a learning-based environment, Tyco sponsors worldwide programs that help our employees develop business and practical skills with online access to over 4,000 Web-based courses in multiple languages.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Tyco, we believe that through diversity, we access the best talent, and through inclusion, we inspire the best in our people. We are committed to building a team that reflects our global audience and to creating a workplace that is open, welcome and respectful, with a winning culture where all employees are able to contribute their best work. Our diversity commitment is fully integrated with all aspects of our company and underlined as a key business strategy. It is reflected in the day-to-day operations of our businesses, and beyond that, in the communities we serve and partnerships we build.
In addition to building relationships with partners who can help us identify and recruit top talent, we attend conferences and recruiting events sponsored by associations that represent diverse populations. Tyco also sponsors employee-led affinity groups which play a critical role in our vision to integrate diversity into every aspect of our work. Through these voluntary affinity groups, employees network to foster professional development, find informal mentors and participate in community-involvement opportunities.
Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
The overall company is Great! Benefits very nice, no probation period. You sign up and on your first day you have Insurance.
Sometimes Local Management can't see or respect the efforts each employee brings to the table. A lot of talk about how they care but turn right around and become very sarcastic about someone in front other fellow employees. Management can't see, or just doesn't care that the employees overall aren't happy and feel un appreciated. I hope they wake up, as they themselves have what it takes to turn things around. They themselves are good people, but they stand to loose a lot of good people. If things don't change.
Advice to Management
You get more with praise than you do a raise.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tyco (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.
I was interviewed by a different person than initially referred to. He was very experienced however I had to steer the interview on my own. The questions were based on my resume.
- Do u understand ths different construction phases? Answer Question
We are the world's largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital services to over 3 million customers. With Tyco, you will advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives and protect where people live and work. Tyco is committed to producing products and providing services to customers in a safe, responsible manner that respects the ...
Mission: Tyco’s mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect where people live and work.