UHY is one of the top 20 accounting firms in the US, and through UHY International, gives clients access to resources in more than 240 cities in 80 countries. Our structure is such that nimble teams work on a variety of clients in an entrepreneurial environment, meaning greater variety and broader learning platforms for our staff. The firm’s recently instituted Personal Satisfaction Index is an industry-leading management tool to assure that the firm’s strategic objective and our professionals’ personal and career goals are in sync and balance.
Why we're more than just a numbers firm...
The differences our employees experience goes beyond their client work, national and local training, and holiday parties. Our collaborative culture has been fostered for more than 40 years, and is characterized by:
- Nimble teams to eschew bureaucracy
- Locally made decisions—no national office to slow client response
- A high level of Partner or MD involvement
- Variety of clients to promote staff learning
- Entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Clearly defined values we live everyday
- Personal Satisfaction Index to ensure firm needs and staff needs are in balance
- CEO roundtables with all levels of the firm
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Program
- Service Awards
- Retirement and Savings Plans
Health & Welness
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Work Hard, Play Hard
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Firm and Floating Holidays
- Seasonal Sabbaticals
- Reduced Work Schedule
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- CPA & Other Professional Licenses Bank Program
- Professional Association Dues Reimbursement
- Continuing Professional Education
- CPA Pass Bonus
UHY's vision is to build a business that prioritizes our clients and our staff by developing a "We Care About You" culture and to expand our relationship as a trusted advisor to our clients on business and financial matters.
The firm recently undertook an extensive vision & mission exercise in which all levels of the firm particiapted - that collaboration is another example of how we work as a firm to ensure all needs are being met, and that we deliver on great client service, engaged employees, and growth to be able to fuel our collective futures.
With offices across the US and affiliate offices across the globe, UHY is able to serve clients' needs on every continent. Through the Houston-based Global Energy Center, we actively work with UHY International professionals in all of the energy centers of the world.
- National technical training in audit and tax
- PCAOB registered with more than 50 public companies
- 13 offices in major business centers across the US
- Resources in more than 240 cities in 80 countries
- Specialty services including forensic accounting, international arbitration, business valuation, hedging, transfer pricing, international tax, and employee benefits
UHY Advisors Photos
I worked at UHY AdvisorsPros
The firm pays overtime bonuses which is unusual for the industry.Cons
Very stiff environment. Big disconnect between management and staff. Difficult to advance.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Talk with employees about their career paths. As an experience staff or senior staff, begin to look at developing that individual to grow into leadership roles.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at UHY Advisors.Interview Details
I applied through college career website, attended the campus career fair, interviewed on campus and final in office interview. In office interview included a group of candidates attending company presentation, lunch, and meeting other firm members.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- Fairly simple conversation. Tell me about a time you worked in a group and a member was not pulling their weight... Answer Question
Very hard decision, still could have went either way. Chose another firm based on location.Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
UHY Advisors offers tax, financial, and business consulting services to companies, government entities, not-for-profit organizations, and wealthy individuals. Audit services are provided through UHY Advisors' alternative practice structure arrangement with independent CPA firm UHY LLP. UHY Advisors and its affiliates also perform litigation, valuation, risk advisory...
Mission: UHY's mission is to enable our clients to prosper and our people to realize their potential.