UHY is one of the top 20 accounting firms in the US, and through UHY International, gives clients access to resources in more than 240 cities in 80 countries. Our structure is such that nimble teams work on a variety of clients in an entrepreneurial environment, meaning greater variety and broader learning platforms for our staff. The firm’s recently instituted Personal Satisfaction Index is an industry-leading management tool to assure that the firm’s strategic objective and our professionals’ personal and career goals are in sync and balance.
Why we're more than just a numbers firm...
The differences our employees experience goes beyond their client work, national and local training, and holiday parties. Our collaborative culture has been fostered for more than 40 years, and is characterized by:
- Nimble teams to eschew bureaucracy
- Locally made decisions—no national office to slow client response
- A high level of Partner or MD involvement
- Variety of clients to promote staff learning
- Entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Clearly defined values we live everyday
- Personal Satisfaction Index to ensure firm needs and staff needs are in balance
- CEO roundtables with all levels of the firm
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Program
- Service Awards
- Retirement and Savings Plans
Health & Welness
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Work Hard, Play Hard
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Firm and Floating Holidays
- Seasonal Sabbaticals
- Reduced Work Schedule
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- CPA & Other Professional Licenses Bank Program
- Professional Association Dues Reimbursement
- Continuing Professional Education
- CPA Pass Bonus
UHY's vision is to build a business that prioritizes our clients and our staff by developing a "We Care About You" culture and to expand our relationship as a trusted advisor to our clients on business and financial matters.
The firm recently undertook an extensive vision & mission exercise in which all levels of the firm particiapted - that collaboration is another example of how we work as a firm to ensure all needs are being met, and that we deliver on great client service, engaged employees, and growth to be able to fuel our collective futures.
With offices across the US and affiliate offices across the globe, UHY is able to serve clients' needs on every continent. Through the Houston-based Global Energy Center, we actively work with UHY International professionals in all of the energy centers of the world.
- National technical training in audit and tax
- PCAOB registered with more than 50 public companies
- 13 offices in major business centers across the US
- Resources in more than 240 cities in 80 countries
- Specialty services including forensic accounting, international arbitration, business valuation, hedging, transfer pricing, international tax, and employee benefits
UHY Advisors Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at UHY AdvisorsPros
Great Bosses, everyone is very friendly and helpful. great bran spanking new building with gym, near the heart of Columbia MD.Cons
low pay, long hours for admin, and not a lot of work to do in-between tax season.Advice to ManagementAdvice
I mean, i know it is an accounting firm, but if it got any livelier in there a funeral would break out, there were days i would come it say hello to the office manager, and then goodnight to her and that was it...RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
Initial brief interview with the recruiter. Then passed on to the next round of 3 consecutive interviews which took at total of 2 hours. First interviewer was an associate, the 2nd was a senior associate and the 3rd was a manager. the associate was easy to talk to as he was about my age and just went down a list of common interview questions and jotted down my responses. The second one was more behavioral. the last interview with the manager was a conversation and we just talked about our backgrounds. It was also a time for me to ask any questions that I had.
I had another interview for the same company at a different office and was broken into 2 separate interviews. The first was with a partner and the second was a 2 on 1 interview with a manager and partner.Interview Questions
- "tell me about a time where you disagreed with your superior and what action did you take?" Answer Question
UHY Advisors offers tax, financial, and business consulting services to companies, government entities, not-for-profit organizations, and wealthy individuals. Audit services are provided through UHY Advisors' alternative practice structure arrangement with independent CPA firm UHY LLP. UHY Advisors and its affiliates also perform litigation, valuation, risk advisory...
Mission: UHY's mission is to enable our clients to prosper and our people to realize their potential.