USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY and USATODAY.com reach a combined seven million readers daily. USA TODAY is a leader in mobile applications with more than 21 million downloads on mobile devices. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
- First Day of Issue - USA TODAY was launched on September 15, 1982.
- Print Readership – GfK MRI Spring 2013 survey results report that USA TODAY has a daily readership of more than 3 million.
- Print Circulation – According to the AAM Publisher’s Statement for the six months ending September 2013, USA TODAY showed an average daily paid circulation Monday - Friday of 1,424,406 and total circulation of 2,862,229.
- Print Sites - 36 in the U.S.
- International Print Edition - USA TODAY launched the international edition on July 10, 1984. Currently the edition is printed in London, Belgium, Frankfurt, Hong Kong*, Cancun, and has a circulation of approximately 40,000.
- Print Advertising rates
Full-page black-and-white national: $125,600, M-Th; $153,300, F
Full-page four-color national: $199,000, M-Th; $242,600, F
(Weekend rates are higher, reflecting the weekend edition's larger circulation.)
- Launch Date - April 17, 1995
- USATODAY.com is an award-winning news and information site providing visitors with breaking news, sports, money, life, weather, technology and travel news - all updated 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- USATODAY.com allows readers to participate in the nation’s conversation. Readers can comment on stories, recommend stories to friends, interact with newsroom staff, and create personas that allow them to seek out and talk with other USATODAY.com readers.
- In February 2014, USATODAY sites had nearly 38 million unique visitors* and 654 million page views.
- Visitors experience comprehensive, convenient news and information from USA TODAY through interactive features, info graphics, and multi-media functions including audio, video, blogs, podcasts and live Webcasts.
- USATODAY.com also delivers news and information via e-mail with products such as Breaking News alerts, Managing Your Money, Books, Cars, Travel Specials & Deals, and daily briefings from News, Entertainment, Tech, Sports and Travel.
- USATODAY.com offers RSS feeds (free of charge) for news and video content.
- USATODAY.com extends its coverage beyond the Internet by delivering breaking news, money, sports, life and other content to virtually any mobile device. For more information, go to mobile.USATODAY.com
To serve the greater good of our nation and the communities we serve.
We are on a relentless quest to provide trusted news and information and to actively support the people and businesses in the communities we serve.
We envision a world where the communities we serve are growing and thriving because of the difference we make every day.
Community: We’re better together.
Integrity: Do the right thing.
Innovative: Be bold. Take risks.
Commitment: Have courage. Do what must be done.
Results driven: Be accountable. Deliver.
Flexible: Adapt. Move forward.
Inclusive: Respect and reflect the community.
Since its founding nearly 20 years ago, Gannett Foundation — with the help of Gannett employees — has given more than $171 million to thousands of charitable projects across the U.S. and the U.K. Last year alone Gannett Foundation made more than 1,000 grants and matched more than 3,900 employee donations to non-profits for a total of $6.9 million.
People Helping People
Many Gannett employees make the world a better place by volunteering in their own communities. They conduct food, clothing and shoe drives, donate thousands of books to the local schools and libraries, collect gifts for needy children during the holidays and raise money for many important causes.
Rally Community Action
Millions of people, including Gannett employees, and many businesses come together on the fourth Saturday in October to participate in Make A Difference Day. It is the largest national day of helping others and is sponsored by USA WEEKEND and its 700 carrier newspapers.
USA Today Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at USA Today full-time for more than a yearPros
The people are great! Very easy to get along with, helpful and great teachers. Hours are not too crazy as long as you get your work done. Great place to focus on yourself since the work is not brutal like ad agencies. Plus they have a gym, a nice "campus," decent food, and other perks. It's a great, fresh brand to work with for a company being located in the DC area.Cons
There's never any budget to do anything cool with USA TODAY's marketing. You really have to rely on stock photography or your own photography. The company's future is uncertain since it has made a couple of bold moves lately.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Everything pertaining to the creative should be handled by the Creative Director, not by the other higher ups. The other higher ups should be more focused on the strategy and making sure the campaign is on the right direction.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at USA Today in November 2012.Interview Details
My interview process took approximately three months from the initial online application to the job offer. There was a phone interview, then an in-person interview with the direct manager, followed by a panel interview that included role playing a presentation for a client. I probably wouldn't have been given an interview if I hadn't contacted the manager directly.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
- I'm afraid I don't remember the most difficult or unexpected question; however I had less than 24 hours to prepare my presentation for the final round interview. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and...
Mission: Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation.