- UnitedHealth Group update8 hours ago
At UnitedHealth Group we're dedicated to providing you with the transparency you deserve in your job search and believe you should know what to expect every step of the way. Take control today! Click the link below to learn more:
- UnitedHealth Group update8 hours ago
At UnitedHealth Group, we care about your privacy. Please click below to read an important message regarding recruiter fraud; what it is, how to identify it and steps you can take to report suspicious activity.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 14 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
A Better Place To Work
- You can greatly improve the life/health of others
- You’ll have the most opportunities to grow/develop
- You’ll work with an elite team
- You’ll help create the future of UnitedHealth Group
- You’ll help heal the health care system
- Your performance will be rewarded
- You're empowered to do your best
- It’s always challenging and exciting
- See your ideas come to life
- Be part of something daring/bold
- Integrity - We honor our commitments and never compromise on ethics by speaking the truth and delivering on our promises.
- Compassion - We walk in the shoes of the people we serve by actively listening, feeling genuine empathy and being an advocate for those we serve.
- Relationships - We build trust through collaboration by helping others achieve their goals and approaching all people with respect, humility, confidence and energy.
- Innovation - We invent the future while learning from the past through encouraging and investing in new ideas as well as being practical and purposeful in those we serve.
- Performance - We demonstrate excellence in everything we do by being accountable and responsible.
UnitedHealth Group is a diversified health and well-being company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives. We strive to express our values of; integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance with all 70 million individuals worldwide that we serve.
UnitedHealth Group serves approximately 70 million individuals worldwide, and operates in all 50 states and internationally.
We have the largest single proprietary network of physicians, hospitals, health facilities and caregivers in the United States.
Our network includes approximately 700,000 physicians and health care professionals, 5,200 hospitals and care facilities, approximately 119,000 dental providers and approximately 66,000 pharmacies.
Our businesses include: UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement, UnitedHealthcare Community & State, Optum and OptumRx (formally Prescription Solutions).
Our businesses serve the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers, employers, governments, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, care professionals and pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers.
We help people find the doctor they need with the largest single proprietary network of health care professionals--providing access to health care for 98% of the U.S. population.
More U.S. physicians accept UnitedHealthcare than any other insurance plan. (Source: SK&A Information Services, Inc. study, released October 2007.)
Fortune magazine ranked UnitedHealth Group No. 14 in the 2014 rankings of the 500 largest U.S. corporations based on 2013 revenues.
UnitedHealth Group has been listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and Dow Jones North America Index annually since 1999.
We’re granting nearly 600 wishes for children and their families by funding $4.5 million over three years to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
We are in the third year of a 10-year, $100 million initiative to support communities in Minnesota.
Seventy-three percent of employees volunteer in their communities either through work or on their own. Last year, employees logged more than 100,000 volunteer hours valuing over $2 million.
We’re getting employees involved with access to an online tool which posts more than 62,000 volunteer opportunities.
We matched dollar-for-dollar employee giving campaign donations to raise more than $12 million for local charities.
UnitedHealth Group earned a top rating of 100% on the 2010 Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
The 12th Annual LATINA Style 50, a survey by LATINA Style magazine, ranked UnitedHealthcare one of the 50 best companies for Latinas to work in the United States in August 2009.
The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation provided nearly 600 grants to families in 2008, worth an estimated $1.7 million, to assist children with medical services not covered by commercial benefit plans.
This year, the United Health Foundation will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of America’s Health Rankings, an annual analysis of national health on a state-by-state basis.
This year United Health Foundation will give $1.2 million in scholarships and other support to students pursuing careers in health.
At UnitedHealth Group, we live our mission to help people live healthier lives. We are proud to be a “National Corporate Team” for the Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk, the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, and the American Heart Association’s Start! Heart Walk. We also provide “UnitedHealth HEROES” grants to help youth ages 5-25 combat pediatric obesity in their community, in collaboration with Youth Service America.
Click here to search for Jobs
Diversity and Our Core Values
At UnitedHealth Group, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. It’s one of our five core values along with integrity, quality, innovation and social responsibility. These core values are embedded into our greater mission of helping people live healthier lives.
Diversity Drives Empowerment
Our commitment to diversity empowers our employees to contribute their best work, collaborating to be the preeminent health and well-being company and community partner of choice. By leveraging the depth of a diverse workforce, we can better meet the needs of the increasingly multi-cultural clients, communities, individuals and shareholders we serve.
Diversity Through Recruitment
From the high-performing people we hire, to the health care services we provide, we advocate the possibilities of unique thinking.
We're committed to creating an inclusive environment fueled by innovative ideas. Our employees have diverse cultural backgrounds, beliefs, perspectives, and lifestyles. But they all have one thing in common — their ability to excel.
We’re dedicated to building teams where every individual is recognized for his or her unique experience and contributions. Some examples of our recruiting efforts include:
- Attending flagship conferences and career fairs including, The National Black MBA Association, National Society of Hispanic MBA’s, Asian MBA Conference and Career Expo, National Association of Black Accountants and Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting;
- Sponsoring interns from INROADS, an international, nonprofit organization that places talented college students of color in internships with companies across the nation;
- Leveraging online resources to seek out the best talent such as posting and sourcing top candidates from diversity specific job boards and;
- Partnering with agencies, education and government programs that support and serve candidates with disabilities such as Welfare to Work and Lifeworks.
UnitedHealth Group Photos
3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than a year)Pros
I work for the Optum division of UHG and I love my job. I really do. I look forward to going to work, seeing my coworkers and feeling like I'm contributing to a greater good, bettering healthcare for people. They offer generous PTO, we're able to work from home (not all the time but it's pretty flexible), the culture feels fresh and motivated. Leadership with an organization of this size is often hit or miss but I feel like we've got a pretty good thing going. I work for 3 VP's and their teams, it's never boring! I tell my friends, I've never worked with a group of such young, innovative people. It's exciting and you feel like you're a part of something bigger.Cons
Disappointing raises, 3 months after the cost of health insurance premiums rose, we received our raises for the year... it worked out to bringing home $2 more per pay period than I was making last year. Yay!!Advice to ManagementAdvice
Less focus on Wall Street/Shareholders, More focus on what we're doing for our members; Compensation that equals out to more than what employees brought home the year before.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.Interview Details
Got a phone screen from the hiring manager, followed by a face to face interview. This all occurred within over a period of 2 weeks which was followed by an offer. The phone screen was a quick 20 mins very high level overview around interest and overview of the position. The face to face was more detailed getting into specifics around experience and what they brought to the table and what you brought to the table.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- How do you manage a backlog? What is your agile experience? How do you handle conflict? What is your experience speaking with clients? What is your experience speaking with management? Answer Question
We're a Fortune 14 company on a global mission to help people live healthier lives while improving the health system and expanding access to quality care.
Empowering more than 85,000 million people worldwide with information, guidance and tools to make healthier choices makes our work demanding and requires us to adapt to constant change.
United by our values of...
Mission: Our mission is to help people live healthier lives.