Urban Lending Solutions (“ULS”), founded by Charles and Elisa Sanders in 2002 as a small title and settlement services provider, has expanded its products and services through its subsidiaries, Urban Fulfillment Services® (UFS) , Urban Lending Solutions Appraisals (ULSA), and Walled Lake Credit Bureau, LLC (WLCB) to provide customized mortgage solutions for banks, credit unions, mortgage companies and servicers. The ULS companies provide a wide variety of outsourced services to its clients, including mortgage fulfillment services, home retention solutions, appraisals and valuation services, title and settlement services, call center and collection services, and document fulfillment services.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA with additional offices in Broomfield, CO, Highlands Ranch, CO, Troy, MI and Westlake, CA, ULS and its subsidiaries attributes much of its growth and success to its long-term partnerships by thoroughly understanding clients’ needs and responding quickly with effective, efficient, and intelligent solutions.
Chuck Sanders was the winner of Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2012 and has also been named as one of the Top 10 Black Entrepreneurs by Inc. magazine. ULS was also recognized by Western Pennsylvania Minority Supplier Development Council as the #1 Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in job growth with over 1,773 employees.
The co-founders of ULS help fund and support global charities and youth programs. These charitable contributions are an extension of the ULS Core Values of diversity, integrity, authenticity, high performance, accountability, agility, and teamwork. ULS’ support of community-level and world-wide charitable contributions fosters these same values in the youth they serve, while benefiting customer’s local communities on a measurable scale. ULS earned the “Corporate Plus” member designation from the National Minority Supplier Development Council, distinguishing itself as the nation’s largest minority-owned mortgage solutions business.
- ULS is listed No. 8 in Inc. Hire Power Awards as one of the Top Job Creators of 2013. Additionally, ULS received a ranking of No. 2 in the real estate industry and No. 1 in Pennsylvania companies.
- In 2013, ULS was listed No. 45 in the Top 100 real estate companies and No. 38 in the Top 100 Pennsylvania companies by Inc. magazine.
- From 2010 to 2013, Inc. 500/5000 recognized ULS' achievements in its list as one of fastest-growing private companies in the United States.
- ULS is listed No. 1 in revenue growth in Black Enterprise Magazine's Top 100 list and No. 19 as one of the fastest-growing minority-owned companies in America.
- Chuck Sanders, Founder and CEO of ULS, is the winner for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award in Western Pennsylvania.
- Chuck Sanders was also named one of the Top 10 Black Entrepreneurs in the nation by Inc. magazine.
The family of ULS companies are uniquely positioned to offer a variety of solutions:
- UFS provides mortgage fulfillment services: processing, underwriting, and closing services; home retention solutions; and loss mitigation offerings.
- ULSA provides independent and accurate valuations of collateral.
- ULS provides title and settlement services.
- WLCB, a licensed collection agency, provides FDCPA compliant call center services.
ULS' SUPPLIER DIVERSITY PROGRAM
ULS earned the Corporate Plus member designation from the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), distinguishing itself as the nations largest minority-owned mortgage solutions business. Many Corporate Plus members, including financial institutions, keep track of what they spend with diverse suppliers, and ULS' MBE status currently provides added value to some of the largest U.S. banks ranked by the market, helping to meet the banks' supplier diversity goals as well as boost their delivery performance in today's economic and regulatory climate. As a multi-million dollar company that was listed as the #1 MBE in job growth, ULS' supplier diversity program and MBE status is a strategic business imperative.
Today, ULS is focusing on making its supplier diversity program the best in the country. In 2013, ULS spent $21.8 million with diverse suppliers, and ULS is committed to increasing spend with diverse suppliers annually.
The role of the supplier diversity department at ULS is to identify qualified suppliers and to ensure the inclusion of minority business enterprises and woman and veteran-owned businesses in the competitive bidding process where possible at ULS. ULS is a company built on excellence, dedication and teamwork, and ULS' success is based solely on the quality of its services; however, ULS' MBE status provides additional benefits to clients with supplier diversity programs. Because of ULS's dedication to diversity, ULS is in a position to demonstrate that an MBE can be a premier provider of residential and commercial outsourced fulfillment and settlement services to the mortgage origination and servicing industry.
Supplier diversity is not just a program, it’s a movement. Watch this video to find out how ULS uses our technical assistance program to aid businesses in bringing on minority-owned companies and women-owned companies and helping them grow.
Urban Lending Solutions is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), providing real estate information services to the mortgage industry. We offer exceptional products as well as the support of a highly experienced staff located in Broomfield, CO, Highlands Ranch, CO, Pittsburgh, PA, Troy, MI and Westlake Village, CA.
At ULS, we employ talented, dynamic people with extraordinary passion and depth in their respective areas of expertise. Our employees are dedicated team players who bring energy, professionalism and fun to their work. The ULS environment is one in which smart, determined, creative people succeed.
At Urban Lending Solutions, we're proud to offer our employees a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefit options include:
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life (Basic Employer)
- Life – Supplemental / Optional
- Employee Assistance Programs (2)
- Critical Illness –AFLAC Optional
- Group Accident – AFLAC Optional
- Group Hospital – AFLAC Optional
- 401K – Retirement and Investment Savings Plan
- 7 Paid Holidays and 3 Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Referral Bonus Awards
We have a great learning and training program! More to come soon...
Employee Advisory Counsil
The EAC is comprised of ULS employees who are dedicated to creating a positive work environment. The EAC advocates for positive changes that help connect, retain, elevate and promote our company and it's culture.
Create a corporate environment that values and encourages employee engagement, promotes a healthy organization by developing internal employee programs and events, and supports the well-being, work success, and life balance of all ULS employees.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide ULS employees a structured forum in which to voice their opinion, concerns, ideas, and suggestions on improvements
- Promote the EAC vision across ULS
- Encourage communication and trust between all management levels and employees
- Promote collaborative relationships through team building, cross-functional projects and training
- Seek to understand and appreciate different perspectives and to address employee concerns and issues in a proactive and efficient manner
- Encourage, celebrate and recognize employees
- Actively solicit feedback; evaluate and recommend strategies for improving employee engagement, and solving business problems
- Be a vehicle to initiate positive change throughout the organization
Urban Lending Solutions Photos
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Urban Lending SolutionsRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
My overall experience working for Urban has been amazing. I was dedicated to become successful with this company and my efforts did not go unnoticed. I have been promoted twice in the last year and given multiple opportunities learn and grow professionally. By letting my managers know what I wanted to do and where I wanted to be, they did everything they could to get me there. I am now in a position where I am thriving and I couldn't be happier. I work with amazing people and my pay/benefits/PTO are great. The environment is relaxed, but motivating. We have potlucks regularly. We get to wear our jerseys on Fridays during football/baseball season. Everyone is a team player which encourages you to be your best. I would absolutely recommend working here!
On the last Thursday of the month, they do refrigerator cleanings. It is nice, but EVERYTHING that is not taken out by 6 pm gets tossed. that includes tupperware and full bottles of coffee creamer. We all know its coming, but it still hurts!
Advice to Management
Bring back the Christmas party!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Troy, MI).
Received a call from the recuirter. I had an interview with the underwriting manager. Then i was ask if i could meet with the vp of underwriting. I interviewed with him
- what underwriting systems have you usef? Answer Question
Urban Fulfillment Services has been rated one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. and top job creator over multiple years. We have a dynamic organization and offer a unique, highly satisfying work experience. Urban Fulfillment Services has an excellent compensation and benefits package and a fun, creative team atmosphere. We continue to grow because we ...
Mission: Urban Lending Solutions strives to be the premier outsource provider of business-critical solutions. We create long-term partnerships by thoroughly understanding our clients’ needs and responding quickly with effective, efficient, and intelligent solutions. By consistently exceeding our clients’expectations, we achieve financial success and provide tangible benefits to all of our stakeholders.