- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at VA Puget Sound Health Care System full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
- Lots of improvements are occurring to better serve our Vets.
- Leadership in some service lines are really doing their best to make the workplace better.
- Job security.
- Average to good pay and benefits.
- Too many unsatisfactory employees who seemly cannot be fired or laid off for whatever reason. These employees have poor customer service and shoddy work quality and they are what's bringing turmoil to the VA. It makes other people's jobs much harder to perform because they cannot carry their own weight.
- Minimal upward advancements
Advice to Management
- Remove shoddy employees and hire new employees who understand that they actually have to work to keep their pay and job.
- Hire enough people to share the workload.
- Retrain management on many processes and procedures that should be performed according to policies and procedures, rather than for convenience.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at VA Puget Sound Health Care System (South Seattle, WA) in January 2015.
The interview involved 3 supervisors, who were Administrative Officers, asking a series of behavioral questions. there was about 10-15 questions that were asked and the overall interview lasted approximately 40-45 minutes. If you are familiar with common behavioral type questions then you will do fine with the interview. Note, this job requires good time management, stress management, and multi-tasking skills as well as attention to detail. At the end, I asked questions about where the position will mainly be situated, how my interview was overall, and how the working environment was.
- Describe a stressful situation and how you dealt with it? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –