- VMware update13 hours ago
Want to get an inside look at life at VMware straight from one of our people? Connect with VMware Member of Technical Staff, Lipsa Rout and learn how VMware empowers her to thrive while living a balanced life. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIWOp #DiscoverVMware
- VMware update2 days ago
We're excited to announce the inaugural VMware Fearless Leader Student Summit for female students in Computer Science and Engineering that is taking place August 13-14, 2015 at VMware Headquarters in Palo Alto, California. Learn more about this all-expense paid, two-day event here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIWJe #vmwFearless
At VMware, we empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Our talented and diverse teams work together to fulfill this vision and are architecting what’s next for the company, the industry, and each other.
How we deliver on our vision comes through in our everyday actions. Our people are driven to create amazing innovations in a workplace that encourages and supports growth, learning and collaboration. Our core values guide what we do and how we do it:
- Execution—We debate, discuss, and then get things done as One VMware while keeping impact, quality and efficiency at the center of our actions.
- Passion—We are driven to challenge the status quo by innovating for the benefit of our customers, products, and people.
- Integrity—We are consistently bold yet humble, competitive yet fair and decisive yet respectful. We build and protect trusted relationships with our customers, partners, shareholders, and people.
- Community—We dedicate our time, talent, and energy to provide meaningful contributions to our customers, our team members, and our communities.
- Customers—We are committed to empowering our customers to succeed by helping them meet their toughest technological challenges.
Our workplace provides a great foundation for learning, teamwork, collaboration, openness and fun. While each workplace is different, several commonalities are found throughout our locations:
- Open doors
- Shared offices
- Comfortable communal spaces
- Game, relaxation and mother’s rooms
- Wellness & community programs
- Free healthy snacks and drinks
- Onsite cafes and services
- Weekly social gatherings
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. With 50+ global locations, we value and invest in our employees by enabling, fostering and supporting their professional and personal growth and well-being. As an employee, we will enable your drive and passion to:
- Make an immediate impact on your career, VMware, our customers, our partners, the industry and the wider community.
- Voice your innovative ideas and work hand-in-hand with industry experts and an approachable leadership team to drive what’s next in the market.
- Collaborate and grow in a company that is driven to empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits (health, financial, education)
- Paid time to give back through community service learning projects
- Learning and Development support through ongoing talent development and tuition reimbursement
- Wellness benefits and employee events through employee assistance programs, vacation time, flexible workdays, recognition program, green initiatives, employee-led celebrations, discount services and many more great workplace perks to enhance your total employee experience!
Want to make an immediate impact by architecting what's next in IT and for yourself?
At VMware, students and new college graduates are both challenged and rewarded with meaningful work and rich experiences in a collaborative environment made of hard work, tenacity, accountability, transparency, inclusiveness, and a culture of learning and service to each other, our customers and the community.
Bring your innovative ideas here and watch them grow in a flexible learning environment grounded by trust, freedom of choice and most importantly - your input. Behind our transformative products and solutions are our great people, including our interns!
Work with us in our product, customer, or business operations groups and help us empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Search current opportunities and join us today!
Connect with the University Relations Team:
At VMware, we actively attract, engage, and celebrate our people from dynamic backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. By doing so, we foster a culture and environment where great people want to work and thrive. This strength propels us toward our common goal of creating and supporting transformative products and services through our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. Learn more about our people and what fuels our drive.
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at VMware full-time (More than 5 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Great benefits, high payscale. Some of the brightest and friendliest people I've ever worked with. Innovative company.
EMC culture is "seeping in" and is increasingly apparent. Difficult to maintain work-life balance with workaholic "yes man" micromanager expectations. A lot of process redundancy with resistance to change. Career advancement may lead to "pay reset" (in my case paying less money!). Benefits are being clamped down on to reduce costs (i.e., elimination of internet reimbursement, increasingly lowering cell phone plan reimbursement amounts, etc). Lots and lots of inefficiencies that are frustrating to deal with. Much of that has to do with management bloat, red tape, resistance to change, resistance to address inefficient processes & procedures.
Advice to Management
Make managers (especially "home grown managers") go through regular mandatory manager training with respect to management style and work life balance. There is an increasing amount of turnover as of late and there are specific reasons for it.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at VMware.
Shortly after applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter who directed me to their online technical screen. This is not for the faint of heart! The questions on the technical screen span a lot of area and you are expected to know names and processes directly from memory (no googling allowed). Do your homework before embarking on this mission.
- What is the maximum throughput for a fibre channel in a fibre channel switched network? 1 Answer
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Mission: VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation...