- VMware update11 days ago
Learn more about the benefits of VMware’s non-accrued vacation policy. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIKfF
- VMware update19 days ago
Discover how one woman's passion for innovation brings Girls Who Code to VMware. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIKRr
At VMware, we empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Our talented and diverse teams work together to fulfill this vision and are architecting what’s next for the company, the industry, and each other.
How we deliver on our vision comes through in our everyday actions. Our people are driven to create amazing innovations in a workplace that encourages and supports growth, learning and collaboration. Our core values guide what we do and how we do it:
- Execution—We debate, discuss, and then get things done as One VMware while keeping impact, quality and efficiency at the center of our actions.
- Passion—We are driven to challenge the status quo by innovating for the benefit of our customers, products, and people.
- Integrity—We are consistently bold yet humble, competitive yet fair and decisive yet respectful. We build and protect trusted relationships with our customers, partners, shareholders, and people.
- Community—We dedicate our time, talent, and energy to provide meaningful contributions to our customers, our team members, and our communities.
- Customers—We are committed to empowering our customers to succeed by helping them meet their toughest technological challenges.
Our workplace provides a great foundation for learning, teamwork, collaboration, openness and fun. While each workplace is different, several commonalities are found throughout our locations:
- Open doors
- Shared offices
- Comfortable communal spaces
- Game, relaxation and mother’s rooms
- Wellness & community programs
- Free healthy snacks and drinks
- Onsite cafes and services
- Weekly social gatherings
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. With 50+ global locations, we value and invest in our employees by enabling, fostering and supporting their professional and personal growth and well-being. As an employee, we will enable your drive and passion to:
- Make an immediate impact on your career, VMware, our customers, our partners, the industry and the wider community.
- Voice your innovative ideas and work hand-in-hand with industry experts and an approachable leadership team to drive what’s next in the market.
- Collaborate and grow in a company that is driven to empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits (health, financial, education)
- Paid time to give back through community service learning projects
- Learning and Development support through ongoing talent development and tuition reimbursement
- Wellness benefits and employee events through employee assistance programs, vacation time, flexible workdays, recognition program, green initiatives, employee-led celebrations, discount services and many more great workplace perks to enhance your total employee experience!
Want to make an immediate impact by architecting what's next in IT and for yourself?
At VMware, students and new college graduates are both challenged and rewarded with meaningful work and rich experiences in a collaborative environment made of hard work, tenacity, accountability, transparency, inclusiveness, and a culture of learning and service to each other, our customers and the community.
Bring your innovative ideas here and watch them grow in a flexible learning environment grounded by trust, freedom of choice and most importantly - your input. Behind our transformative products and solutions are our great people, including our interns!
Work with us in our product, customer, or business operations groups and help us empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Search current opportunities and join us today!
Connect with the University Relations Team:
At VMware, we actively attract, engage, and celebrate our people from dynamic backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. By doing so, we foster a culture and environment where great people want to work and thrive. This strength propels us toward our common goal of creating and supporting transformative products and services through our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. Learn more about our people and what fuels our drive.
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at VMware full-time (Less than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Flexibility to develop your role based on your customer requirements. - Excellent team of resources available internally to make you successful. Brought in resources from many different groups, and always been impressed with their representation of the company and skill level. VMware hires many experienced, seasoned, professionals. - Great work/life balance. - Excellent team of technical account managers fully supported in the on boarding process, and getting you up to speed.
- Many new employees. Seems like the average is less than 2 years. That said everyone seems to be highly experienced in the professional services, and account teams. - Takes time to build relationships internally, and find which resources you require. - Good and bad; the product suites are becoming more complicated and it can be challenging to stay up to speed on training on them. - Interview process can be grueling and lacking in follow up communication. Many phone interviews which are sometimes redundant in the questions asked.
Advice to Management
- Acquisitions should be fully vetted and rebranded before making them a VMware product and releasing them for general availability. Many acquisitions seem to be the more problematic solutions when it comes to customer integration.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at VMware.
Panel interview, combined with Skype interviews, and individual interviews. I met with 8 team members over the course of a day. Interview process was two weeks in duration, and an offer was made after my Onsite interview.
- How does VMware make their money What are some skill sets that I possess that align with the role Why am I motivated to work at VMware Answer Question
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Mission: VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.