- VMware update8 days ago
VMware’s vCloud Air are hiring Data Center Engineers for our data center in Frankfurt, Germany that supports, maintains and enhances the vCloud Air production system. vCloud Air leverages cutting edge VMware technology and complex system orchestration that is ahead of where most providers are today. To maintain, improve and advance our systems and deliver a world class service, we are looking for a high caliber of highly skilled engineers. Our people have VMware experience, strong systems administration skillsets and a customer support background. Apply here: http://goo.gl/IzNg1m
- VMware update8 days ago
Interested in joining the VMware NSX team in Frimley, United Kingdom and revolutionizing one of the largest industries in the world? We are looking for Presales experts with a passion for network and security. As a VMware Network Virtualization Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX. You will be completely focused on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security, which includes technology from VMware and Nicira. Apply now: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIz1R
At VMware, we empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Our talented and diverse teams work together to fulfill this vision and are architecting what’s next for the company, the industry, and each other.
How we deliver on our vision comes through in our everyday actions. Our people are driven to create amazing innovations in a workplace that encourages and supports growth, learning and collaboration. Our core values guide what we do and how we do it:
- Execution—We debate, discuss, and then get things done as One VMware while keeping impact, quality and efficiency at the center of our actions.
- Passion—We are driven to challenge the status quo by innovating for the benefit of our customers, products, and people.
- Integrity—We are consistently bold yet humble, competitive yet fair and decisive yet respectful. We build and protect trusted relationships with our customers, partners, shareholders, and people.
- Community—We dedicate our time, talent, and energy to provide meaningful contributions to our customers, our team members, and our communities.
- Customers—We are committed to empowering our customers to succeed by helping them meet their toughest technological challenges.
Our workplace provides a great foundation for learning, teamwork, collaboration, openness and fun. While each workplace is different, several commonalities are found throughout our locations:
- Open doors
- Shared offices
- Comfortable communal spaces
- Game, relaxation and mother’s rooms
- Wellness & community programs
- Free healthy snacks and drinks
- Onsite cafes and services
- Weekly social gatherings
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. With 50+ global locations, we value and invest in our employees by enabling, fostering and supporting their professional and personal growth and well-being. As an employee, we will enable your drive and passion to:
- Make an immediate impact on your career, VMware, our customers, our partners, the industry and the wider community.
- Voice your innovative ideas and work hand-in-hand with industry experts and an approachable leadership team to drive what’s next in the market.
- Collaborate and grow in a company that is driven to empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits (health, financial, education)
- Paid time to give back through community service learning projects
- Learning and Development support through ongoing talent development and tuition reimbursement
- Wellness benefits and employee events through employee assistance programs, vacation time, flexible workdays, recognition program, green initiatives, employee-led celebrations, discount services and many more great workplace perks to enhance your total employee experience!
Want to make an immediate impact by architecting what's next in IT and for yourself?
At VMware, students and new college graduates are both challenged and rewarded with meaningful work and rich experiences in a collaborative environment made of hard work, tenacity, accountability, transparency, inclusiveness, and a culture of learning and service to each other, our customers and the community.
Bring your innovative ideas here and watch them grow in a flexible learning environment grounded by trust, freedom of choice and most importantly - your input. Behind our transformative products and solutions are our great people, including our interns!
Work with us in our product, customer, or business operations groups and help us empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Search current opportunities and join us today!
Connect with the University Relations Team:
At VMware, we actively attract, engage, and celebrate our people from dynamic backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. By doing so, we foster a culture and environment where great people want to work and thrive. This strength propels us toward our common goal of creating and supporting transformative products and services through our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. Learn more about our people and what fuels our drive.
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at VMware full-time (more than 8 years)Pros
I found the salary and benefits to be very good at VMware. Over the years the bonuses were good and I usually received raises on schedule. There are some very intelligent people that work at VMware and make for great co-workers. VMware has some really amazing technology and the products are fun to with.Cons
My advice to anyone who takes a role at VMware is to make sure you're happy doing that job for a long time because advancement opportunities are limited. The most frequent complaint I heard at VMware was lack of opportunity to grow in one's career. That was true of me as well and the single biggest issue I pointed out on our yearly surveys. For whatever reason, the company usually fills open positions from the outside in most cases. While I realize this can help bring talent in, talented people on the inside of the company are often overlooked.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Increase the opportunities for advancement for the people that work within the organization before you look to bring in outside hires. You are losing talented people because they feel as if their careers are stagnated. I want to stress this is not sour grapes, I rated the company pretty high, 4 out of 5, because I think it's one of the better places I've worked for, but after time and again being turned down for internal positions, I felt I need to leave to grow my career.
From people I've talked with who have also left, they have very similar feelings about the company. An investment in your people would really boost morale and pay huge dividends in the future.RecommendsNeutral OutlookDisapproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at VMware.Interview Details
The recruiter asked me some basic Windows questions after I passed that phase I had an onsite interview. Each Escalation Engineer there were 4-5 people had asked multiple questions based on a scenario to see your troubleshooting methodology. If they asked about a network printer what would you do to get it to work it would start pretty basic and they kept going until your ideas had run out. It differs between each department what questions are asked. There were no right or wrong answers. Windows troubleshooting skills are what they are looking for. If you pass that phase you will meet with the managers. They will discuss & recommend for an yes or no to an offer.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsThey made an offer and I accepted.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- They expanded each question asked which increasingly was more difficult. They wanted to see if you painted yourself into a corner or if you could expand outside of the box. Answer Question
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Mission: VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...