- VMware update6 days ago
VMware Featured Job: Senior Member of Technical Staff EVO Rack (Palo Alto, California) Learn more: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIzxs
- VMware update18 days ago
VMware Featured Jobs: 1.) vCloud Air Business Specialist - Territory North/East Germany (Berlin, Germany) Learn more: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIzIQ 2.) vCloud Air Business Specialist - Territory Southern Germany (Unterschleissheim, Germany) Learn more: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIzIM 3.) vCloud Air Business Specialist - Territory Rhein/Ruhr (Neuss, Germany) Learn more: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIzIk
At VMware, we empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Our talented and diverse teams work together to fulfill this vision and are architecting what’s next for the company, the industry, and each other.
How we deliver on our vision comes through in our everyday actions. Our people are driven to create amazing innovations in a workplace that encourages and supports growth, learning and collaboration. Our core values guide what we do and how we do it:
- Execution—We debate, discuss, and then get things done as One VMware while keeping impact, quality and efficiency at the center of our actions.
- Passion—We are driven to challenge the status quo by innovating for the benefit of our customers, products, and people.
- Integrity—We are consistently bold yet humble, competitive yet fair and decisive yet respectful. We build and protect trusted relationships with our customers, partners, shareholders, and people.
- Community—We dedicate our time, talent, and energy to provide meaningful contributions to our customers, our team members, and our communities.
- Customers—We are committed to empowering our customers to succeed by helping them meet their toughest technological challenges.
Our workplace provides a great foundation for learning, teamwork, collaboration, openness and fun. While each workplace is different, several commonalities are found throughout our locations:
- Open doors
- Shared offices
- Comfortable communal spaces
- Game, relaxation and mother’s rooms
- Wellness & community programs
- Free healthy snacks and drinks
- Onsite cafes and services
- Weekly social gatherings
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. With 50+ global locations, we value and invest in our employees by enabling, fostering and supporting their professional and personal growth and well-being. As an employee, we will enable your drive and passion to:
- Make an immediate impact on your career, VMware, our customers, our partners, the industry and the wider community.
- Voice your innovative ideas and work hand-in-hand with industry experts and an approachable leadership team to drive what’s next in the market.
- Collaborate and grow in a company that is driven to empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits (health, financial, education)
- Paid time to give back through community service learning projects
- Learning and Development support through ongoing talent development and tuition reimbursement
- Wellness benefits and employee events through employee assistance programs, vacation time, flexible workdays, recognition program, green initiatives, employee-led celebrations, discount services and many more great workplace perks to enhance your total employee experience!
Want to make an immediate impact by architecting what's next in IT and for yourself?
At VMware, students and new college graduates are both challenged and rewarded with meaningful work and rich experiences in a collaborative environment made of hard work, tenacity, accountability, transparency, inclusiveness, and a culture of learning and service to each other, our customers and the community.
Bring your innovative ideas here and watch them grow in a flexible learning environment grounded by trust, freedom of choice and most importantly - your input. Behind our transformative products and solutions are our great people, including our interns!
Work with us in our product, customer, or business operations groups and help us empower people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software. Search current opportunities and join us today!
Connect with the University Relations Team:
At VMware, we actively attract, engage, and celebrate our people from dynamic backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. By doing so, we foster a culture and environment where great people want to work and thrive. This strength propels us toward our common goal of creating and supporting transformative products and services through our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. Learn more about our people and what fuels our drive.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at VMware full-time (less than an year)Pros
Good pay, good people to work with and work for, good product, good campus (best I've ever worked at), good attitudes. Management keeps their eyes on what the market needs -- and doesn't need.Cons
Only, only, only complaint is the traffic on 85 and 280, especially in the evening commute. Surface streets sometimes better. That does affect the work-life balance some, as it induces people not to leave until 7PM.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 7+ months – interviewed at VMware.Interview Details
I actually interviewed more than once for two separate TAM roles. The first round went through a series of 6 phone interviews. From what I understand I was final round but didn't get it. That started off with a technical interview which was a lot of questions surrounding the product stack. Be aware of new products and versions of vCloud, vSphere, vCAC, vCops, etc...
Not sure if that many interviews is typical. The second time I applied was when they called me back after 5 months for another opening. This interview process took around a month and was a few more interviews technical, and scenario type questions. I'd suggest preparing notes with product info, as well as focusing on use case examples of your resume history.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsVery happy with the offer, didn't negotiate.Accepted Offer
- The scenario questions are more of "what would you do in this situation". A lot of high level overview scenarios along the lines of how you deal with business stakeholders, interact with account teams, handle difficult conversations like customer pain points. Again, discuss use cases where you've implemented their products and what business problems you solved with them. Answer Question
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Mission: VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...