VSP® Vision Care, the largest not-for-profit vision benefits and services company in the United States, is part of VSP Global®, a growing not-for-profit company with multiple businesses focused on a single mission: We help people see.
We're growing, hiring across our lines of business, and renowned for great training and limitless opportunities.
The other VSP Global companies include:
- Marchon® – #3 eyewear company in the world; we design, manufacture and distribute fashion-forward and sports eyewear for Calvin Klein, Diane von Furstenberg, Dragon Alliance, Lacoste, Nautica, Nike, Nine West, Salvatore Ferragamo, Valentino, and many others
- Eyefinity® – #1 optical software company in the country, a developer of innovative e-commerce and practice management solutions and electronic medical records software for the optical industry
- VSP Optics Group – provider of ophthalmic products and technically advanced lab services; a network of high-tech optical labs across the U.S.
Combining the strength and expertise of each of these companies, VSP Global provides benefits, services, products, and solutions that are technically advanced and unparalleled in the optical industry - and we make sure your eyes look terrific, too!
Nike Vision South Africa community outreach (2:56):
VSP Global is:
- a market-driven, global company that doesn't answer to shareholders. We continually reinvest our profits back into our businesses, our communities, and our people
- a friendly, growth-oriented organization with flexible work options and a collaborative, open-door culture
- dedicated to the proposition that success comes from empowering our employees to make a difference and embracing challenging work, finding innovative solutions, taking measured risks, and remaining agile to meet customer needs
We honor our customers, our communities, our environment, and each other.
In the VSP Global family of companies, we deliver internationally recognized, world-class service and products with an expectation of excellence. Our Values form the basis for our everyday performance, tying us together as we excel in our individual lines of business.
- We care by building long-lasting relationships that focus on customer needs and deliver on our promises.
- We are a team by working together across all lines of business to reach shared goals that achieve VSP Global’s vision.
- We are trustworthy, open, and respectful in our relationships.
- We create our future by taking on challenges, embracing change, and leveraging innovative ideas to maintain our competitive advantage.
- We support our community and environment by making a positive difference.
- We have fun by promoting a productive, creative environment and celebrating our successes.
VSP Vision care is the largest not-for-profit vision benefits and services company in the U.S. and is growing world-wide.
Our dedication is to connect our 64 million members with our network of 30,000 doctors. Here are a few more numbers:
- Nearly one out of every six Americans has a VSP plan for vision.
- Since 2006, we've attended more than 100,000 benefit fairs and educated more than 43 million people about eye health.
- Every month, more than 330,000 members search for a doctor at VSP.com.
When you come to work with us at one of the VSP Global family of companies, you're joining a team of dedicated professionals with eyes on one mission: We help people see!
Our communities are good to us: we work, live, and play there.
Giving back to them is part of our culture, and VSP Global and our employees are dedicated and joyful participants in a number of outeach efforts.
Employees vote annually for corporate-sponsored charitable events, and we supply matching funds to support their community efforts.
Eyes of Hope is a global charity platform supporting activities that directly impact communities to give the gift of sight. United with one mission, multiple programs within the Eyes of Hope platform take on challenges involving access to eyecare around the globe.
To date, through our Eyes of Hope outreach programs such as VSP Mobile Eyes and Sight for Students, we've invested more than $165 million in free eyecare to more than 900,000 children and adults in need.
A Child Eye Health Project
We See is a VSP Global enterprise launched in 2014 with a visionary goal of providing eyecare for 30,000 children in Soweto, South Africa.
On April 10, we helped open a new eye health clinic at the Nike Football Training Centre in Soweto. Here are a few of the highlights:
Watch the following video for more info on the program. (1:18)
Our greatest competitive advantage: an engaged, diverse workforce.
Here are a few reasons why VSP Global is a preferred employer:
- Focus on collaboration and empowerment
- Encouragement and tools to develop your career through professional, personal, and technical training, including a substatnial tuition reimbursement program
- Honored by Training magazine for 13 consecutive years as one of the top companies in the country for training
- Opportunity lives here - you're the owner of your career, and we'll give you all the tools you need for success in your position and help if you want to move up
- Competitive, market-driven salaries and bonus programs that deliver on our pay-for-performance philosophy
- Top-of-the-line benefit packages and outstanding healthcare options for you and your family
- We thank and salute those who have served in the military, and offer a special program to help you leverage that experience at VSP
- The SHOP ("Seeding and Harnessing Our Potential") is both a physical and virtual space that draws upon the collective wisdom of VSP Global employees to attack industry opportunities and threats with relish!
- A robust wellness program supports the health of you and your dependents, including on-site fitness classes at many campuses
- One of our six set-in-stone values is to have fun - and you'll find that we take that value VERY seriously, with a wealth of fun-filled activities at team and company levels
Teamwork, flexibility, diversity, and innovative thinking enable us to continue to expand our growth and operational excellence. We keep our workforce engaged.
VSP Vision Care Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at VSP Vision Care as an intern (less than an year)Pros
Friendly staff and fun place to work.Cons
Pay isn't as commensurate as others in the industry / department I work.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online – interviewed at VSP Vision Care in September 2013.Interview Details
Often panel interviews that include questions about how you would handle specific situations. These questions are more about how you currently handle situations and what you have learned in the process. Once a panel interview was completed the hiring manager or director also did an interview.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsActually, they made an offer and would not negotiate on salaryAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Probably about tools that I did not currently use. I had no knowledge of them but assured the panel that I was willing to learn. Answer Question
VSP Vision Care provides more than 70 million members with eye health services through our network of 30,000+ doctors. We also serve eyecare needs in Canada, the UK, Australia and Ireland.
Chief Executive Officer: Rob Lynch
President: Jim McGrann
Mission: We help people see.