1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at VTT full-time for more than 5 yearsPros
- Relaxed and informal office culture, and great colleagues (we spend free time together)!
- Long holidays (30 d/a), and flexible working hours
- Best brains in Northern Europe as colleagues - someone will know the answer to your problem!
- Project management responsibility early in career, possibility to affect on the contents of the research projects and work on the topics of your interestsCons
- Getting funding for research projects is difficult, and there is little money allocated for project preparation (even though it takes time!)
- The research infrastructure is generally good, but some of the hardware (scientific instruments) is a bit worn-out and outdated. Replacement investments are scarce and their processing takes a long time. It is embarrasing to work with customers using old instruments.
- Salary is (to my experience) 10 % lower when compared to similar positions in industry.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Common direction is missingRecommendsNegative Outlook
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –