Off the Wall
DISTRIBUTION CENTERS CULTURE
Located in Santa Fe Springs California, the Vans Distribution Center Campus is where orders for Vans retail stores, Ecommerce, and wholesale customers are sent to be fulfilled. This semi automated distribution center uses two buildings with specialized material handling equipment including electric lift trucks, wrist mounted scanners and conveyor systems to process the product through the different areas of the campus. The departments include Planning, Inbound, Processing, Quality, Logistics and Outbound. Each of these areas have an important responsibility in satisfying the daily requirements of our customers.
You spend a lot of time at work, so why not enjoy it? At Vans, we know what it's like to work hard and play hard. It's common to see wetsuits hanging to dry outside, or employees skating through the halls to get to a meeting. Our employees enjoy coming to work and take pride in what they do. Check out the video below and get a glimpse into our headquarters, guided by the one and only Steve Van Doren!
- Ping Pong
- Pool Table
- Skate Ramp
- Casual Dress
- Family Atmosphere
- Onsite Blood Drives
Vans Retail is generally made up of 5 positions. These include Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Floor Supervisor, Stockroom Supervisor, and Sales Associate. Our skateparks also have a General Manager and Co-General Managers, and during the back to school and holiday seasons we also hire Temporary Sales Associates. Each of these positions are integral in keeping our stores running and to create the great atmosphere that Vans' customers expect. Click on the drop down links to find out more!
What are the top ten reasons why you should start a career at Vans?
1. A great American story on how 3 men's dreams came true. They made their own shoes and sold them in their own retail stores.
2. We have over 46 years of heritage.
3. Vans: A Southern California Iconic Brand.
4. A teenage brand they can believe in.
5. A brand that inspires music, art and action sports that you can have passion for.
6. VF Corporation, our parent company, is a stable and a great brand builder with a famous and established portfolio. There are many opportunities to advance and learn from, as well as opportunities to travel worldwide for our brand.
7. To have real authentic roots. Four of the original family members work at the Vans Corporate Office.
8. We have a very relaxed atmosphere, casual dress code and highly creative culture.
9. You get to work in Southern California! Great weather, in the hub of the action sports industry and the best company you could ever work for! We support Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Surfing, BMX and Motocross. As well as the world’s longest running music tour, the Vans Warped Tour! What more can you ask for?
10. Vans is a fun company to work for that respects your talent and personal growth opportunity.
- Steve Van Doren, Vice President of Events and Athletes
Vans, Off the Wall Since 1966, is an iconic, Southern California-based, youth culture brand and the original action sports footwear company. Today, Vans is a leading global footwear, apparel and accessory brand available in more than 170 countries worldwide. The Vans brand is driven by creative self-expression, brought to life through the worlds of art, music, action sports and street culture. Our extended family of snowboarding, surfing, skateboarding and bmx athletes, artists, musicians, designers, and photographers provide inspiration and innovation to our products every day. Every Vans' product combines classic style with modern design, comfort and technology, creating an original and authentic mix sold in the best board shops and lifestyle retailers around the world, as well as Vans own network of brand stores and e-commerce sites.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Vans full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Awesome brand with good benefitsCons
Huge disconnect from corporate to store level. Especially when it comes to alloted payroll vs. the insane amounts of work load and tasks while still expected to maintain customer service and store standards.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Get a payroll system that actually works. Insane expectations with limited payroll and support.RecommendsNegative OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
3 people found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Vans.Interview Details
Turned in application, got called for interview a month later. Meet with assistant manager. Wore a vans sweater to represent. Probably should have re-thought that. Interview was one one one.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- What would you do if a customer came in and you didn't speak the same language? Answer Question
Vans, Off the Wall Since 1966, is an iconic, Southern California-based, youth culture brand and the original action sports footwear company. Today, Vans is a leading global footwear, apparel and accessory brand available in more than 170 countries worldwide. The Vans brand is driven by creative self-expression, brought to life through the worlds of art, music, action sports...
Mission: Getting you the best products, athletes, artists and events on the planet.