- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Venmo (less than an year)Pros
• Everyone is valued, no matter which team you're on.
• Founders are well-grounded and take the time to listen to you
• Vibrant, youthful team overflowing with talent (yet still humble and always looking to learn)
• Workers are largely self-directed (yet still accountable to peers)
• Flat hierarchy and complete transparency across the company.
• Can choose SF & NY; can transfer freely
• Depending on your team's situation, you may have good travel opportunities (SF<-->NY and recruiting ops)
• Catered breakfast and lunch
You'll work on something that matters. The college-aged crowd LOVES the product.
You'll work with the nicest and most supportive people you'll ever meet.Cons
• There's some technical debt that could use refactoring.
• Writing good tests is hard. Some teams may want you to write tests for the sake of having tests. Would have liked more direction on how to test code effectively.
• "Bugs" come at a much higher price than they would at a social network company, so be cautious that you're dealing with money.
• Paypal is a large bureaucracy with so-so public reputation. Usually they stay out of the way, but they can be annoying to deal with.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Preserve the Venmo culture and VenmoCorp - Don't let Paypal kill the vibe.RecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Venmo.Interview Details
First you apply online, then there's phone interviews, then a coding challenge that they send you, and then an onsite. Fairly straightforward. The onsite has both technical interviews and behavioral. They want to check for culture fit above almost everything.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Venmo is a peer-to-peer mobile payment service that makes paying your friends simple, fast and free. Venmo works on your iPhone and Android, or on your desktop. We make it simple for people to pay for the fun things they do together.
Venmo is the first and only social payment service. Use Venmo’s social network to leave personal notes and comments on payments. Choose to...
Mission: connecting the world and empowering people through payments