- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Vokal full-time (More than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
- Huge commitment to both open source and improving internal tooling.
- Design and development work in concert from day 1 of a project
- Really fantastic team of people
- Extremely wide range of prior experience for devs - some CompSci all the way, lots from other backgrounds.
- Compensation is totally reasonable for the expectations.
- Some departments (especially mine) are very, very good at fighting for work-life balance.
- Unlimited vacation, if you can figure out how to take advantage of it.
Non-PTO benefits are not quite in line with industry standards:
- Our health insurance is Aetna, which is not great. BCBS or GTFO.
- No 401k match, although you can at least set up automatic deductions. They've said they're working on this, but there hasn't been any movement on it for a while.
Advice to Management
- Keep fighting to make sure that when we make mistakes, we only make them once.
- Make sure that all departments are fighting hard for work-life balance.
- Keep pushing back on unreasonable deadlines - this has improved considerably in the last few months and I hope it continues to do so.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Vokal is an industry-leading digital experience agency specializing in mobile application development, responsive website development, user experience design, and branding in an interconnected world.
We are redefining the expectations of what value mobile can create through our success in enterprise mobility management, digital development, and mobile experience design innovation.